Star Princess- Pictures/ Reviews ??

DENNAS

Can anyone direct me to pictures of the Star Princess? I am thinking about an Easter 2006 Cruise with husband and 11 yr old daughter.

Anyone recently on her? How was your cruise? The one we are looking at is Western Caribbean. Thanks...

Stepped off the Star this AM. Service was exemplary! Second Traditional waiters and staff GREAT! Always a pleasant smile from passing staff. Current CD is a sweetie with a ton of energy! The Star is in wonderfull shape and I would cruise on her again in a heartbeat!!!

I love the Star. The kids program is great. Only problem is it is only doing western next year and I don't want to do western so guess I'll have to try the Caribbean Princess.

Dennas,

The link is part of Bob’s signature, second line under “Caribbean Princess 9/17/05”

My wife and I were on that same cruise and we met Bob and Sarah. It was the first of three cruises I have taken on the Star Princess. She is a beautiful ship and I would not hesitate to sail on her again if she were on our itinerary.

Jim

Just did the Eastern Itin on her the first of the month. Absolutely wonderful time. Great staff. Our cabin attendant was wonderful (Aloha deck), we chose Anytime Dining and ate every night with the same waiter on Deck 5 - he was the best. He was new to the Star but not Princess. His assistant was right on the ball. She knew what we wanted to drink after night two and we would sit down and within 2 minutes our cocktails were in front of us.

Staff entertainment was wonderful. Also if comedian Steve Schaffer is aboard, do not miss him. :)

You will love The Star.

They made me get off the STAR yesterday, but I wanted to stay!!! It was a great cruise, eastern itinerary....Lots, and I mean lots, of great food and fun. Princess Cays was a beautiful place and the weather was perfect that day.You will love it!!! Better start planning my next one...

April 3-10 - Eastern. MM's wife here - Everything about the Star was wonderful - food, service, shows, bands, sun, spa, cabin, . . .. It was our first Princess cruise and we even tried to think of some negatives to make our review more credible. The only negatives we came up with was - pizza not great (per the one person in the group that tried it) and coffee not great (according to 3/4 of us that like weaker coffee) and sea was too rough so we missed Princess Cays. That's it - everything else was amazing and super and fantastic and . . . We would LOVE to sail West with her next year - we have been to most of those ports and liked them better than the Eastern ports we visited this year. But it looks like we are on a every-other-year cruise schedule - for some unknown reason we can't seem to con the grandparents into keeping our three children for a week each year! You'll LOVE it! BTW - no movies under the stars. KK

We were on the Star in November for our honeymoon. Had a wonderful wonderful time. If you can, get a balcony! There was not one thing about the Star that I didn't like ... except leaving my steward on the ship. Wish I could have brought him home to do my cleaning! We did the Western cruise and were pleased with all of it except having to stop in a different port in Jamaica. We plan on booking another cruise with Princess again.

Karen

Just posted some of my Star Pics today at

http://www.pbase.com/bgerm/cruise_pics

Had a great time, highly recommended.

Superb photo gallery, Brian !!! I just returned from the Star Princess last week (April 17-24, 2005). We had a fantastic cruise as well. Glad you left us a little food. :D

I use Pbase.com to store my photos like you do. I have not edited and uploaded my photos from the Star yet, but I do have galleries from the past three years on the Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess, and Grand Princess. You can view them here... http://www.pbase.com/mactarheel/

The only negatives we came up with was - pizza not great (per the one person in the group that tried it) and coffee not great (according to 3/4 of us that like weaker coffee) and sea was too rough so we missed Princess Cays.

Mmmmmm.... I LOVE the Princess pizza... that's too bad your friend didn't like it! I DREAM about Princess pizza!!!

Anyway, glad your trip went well... too bad you werent able to make it to Princess Cays... it's actually a lovely port of call!!

Mmmmmm.... I LOVE the Princess pizza... that's too bad your friend didn't like it! I DREAM about Princess pizza!!!

Dreamer... I hate to be the bearer of bad news :(, because I, like you, loved the Princess pizza. My wife and I both were looking for to it since we had enjoyed it sooooo much on our five previous Grand class ship cruises. We had eaten there at lunch practically every day. This year, on the Star Princess, the pizza was not up to the same stardards. We think they may be using different kind of cheese. It didn't seem like it was melting properly even when the crust was well done. It was almost like they were using low-fat cheese. Hopefully, either you will be on a different ship or they will have corrected problem before you cruise. We did mention is on the comment card at the end of the cruise. Try the hamburgers at the grill next to the pool. Now, they were very good! :D

We were on the Star in November, it was great.

The only complaints I had were the beds were a little hard and the prime rib was terrible when I got it (others had the same experience).

We had a Caribe balcony and the extra space was WONDERFUL - I spent a lot of time there reading and watching us arrive in new ports and watching the cute flying fish when were were at sea.

We are not smokers and think the STAR has several marvelous no smoking lounge areas where you can get a drink without being innundated with cigarette smoke. It was a surprising plus.

You'll have a great time - she's a beautiful ship.

Laura

Dreamer... I hate to be the bearer of bad news :(, because I, like you, loved the Princess pizza.

Oh NO! :eek: That IS bad news!

Fortunately my next cruise is on the Caribbean Princess, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they haven't changed anything with their pizza!!!!!

Archived