FCC Delay

BeccaBecca1713

For anyone in a similar situation as me, waiting and waiting and waiting for my Future Cruise Certificate to be processed and show up on my billing (it's been over 2 weeks since I submitted it), I talked to a Carnival rep today and she told me they are so behind that Carnival had a "Superbowl Party" on Sunday for reps to come in and get paid double-time in a party-like atmosphere to solely work on getting FCC's processed.

FCC has either become just an increasingly popular promotion beyond what they expected or they need to re-evaluate their methods of how they process them. (And hire a new web-master/designer while their at it!:rolleyes:)

Yup ....i have two calls in to them waiting to here back ...it has been 5 weeks for me now....i guess its time to call again....this time i might have to seem upset....maybe that might help.....

Holy Crap!!! 5 weeks!!!! That's just ridiculous. I'm gonna get hateful if it gets up to my final payment date (Feb 23rd). I refuse to shell out an extra hundred bucks (although I know I'd get it back later as OBC....it's just a matter of principle).

Holy Crap!!! 5 weeks!!!! That's just ridiculous. I'm gonna get hateful if it gets up to my final payment date (Feb 23rd). I refuse to shell out an extra hundred bucks (although I know I'd get it back later as OBC....it's just a matter of principle).

guess you have to nag carnival every day for them to process it

I was in the same boat as you, only had 2 weeks before my final payment (was Feb 3)

I called my pvp and told her I need to have this done before that date..if not what is the use.

she put me on hold , talked to someone in the FCC department

she told me to wait another week, (the end of Jan) and if I don't hear from the FCC ppl to call her.

well within 5 days I got the email and it was applied to my sailing.

I love my pvp she does go above and beyond for me

I had a hard time trying to submit mine on-line. My PVP sent me an email showing me steps to try and fix the problem. I was FINALLY able to submit it and when I did, this is what I received:

"We received your email, however we are a bit behind in applying certificates. Please allow 3 – 4 weeks prior to sailing in order for your certificate to be applied. Once applied you will receive a response from us."

3-4 weeks prior to sailing!!! My cruise in not until next year and it's going to take them that long to apply it, surely NOT:eek:

What they need to do is get the online form to work. It is there ready to work but does not connect with the database after it is submitted--at least that was the case for me late last year. Would seem to be simple to fix and save a lot of trouble for them and for us.

What they need to do is get the online form to work. It is there ready to work but does not connect with the database after it is submitted--at least that was the case for me late last year. Would seem to be simple to fix and save a lot of trouble for them and for us.

Agreed! Everytime I entered the info then tried to click the 'submit' button it didn't even click....nada......

It completely amazes me that a corporation as big as Carnival can't have a functioning website.:rolleyes:

For anyone in a similar situation as me, waiting and waiting and waiting for my Future Cruise Certificate to be processed and show up on my billing (it's been over 2 weeks since I submitted it), I talked to a Carnival rep today and she told me they are so behind that Carnival had a "Superbowl Party" on Sunday for reps to come in and get paid double-time in a party-like atmosphere to solely work on getting FCC's processed.

FCC has either become just an increasingly popular promotion beyond what they expected or they need to re-evaluate their methods of how they process them. (And hire a new web-master/designer while their at it!:rolleyes:)

How about hiring someone that can create a decent looking website that can integrate real time comparison of "open" FCC/FSD certs and validate entries made by customers trying to redeem. We do it at work all the time.

I booked a cruise on Thursday night and had to pay in full. My PVP applied my FCC to the cruise and I received an email over the weekend that my OBC had been applied. I called PVP yesterday and there was an overage of $100 on my account (they didn't credit my credit card) so he initiated the credit for me.

I guess I've been lucky. I submitted one last week and it was credited around 4 days later. Sumitted another last night so we'll see how long that one takes.

I did find out when you submit an ES claim they send you a new invoice detailing all the credits, charges, etc and when they do that it is considered a new booking (kind of). I pre-paid my tips way back but now, since they gave me an up-dated invoice, I now fall under the new tip amounts. An extra $45.00 for our 15 day cruise.

I did find out when you submit an ES claim they send you a new invoice detailing all the credits, charges, etc and when they do that it is considered a new booking (kind of). I pre-paid my tips way back but now, since they gave me an up-dated invoice, I now fall under the new tip amounts. An extra $45.00 for our 15 day cruise.

Now see, that's just not right. Carnival cleverly created a loophole to get out of honoring your old tip amount. Not cool IMO:mad:

I guess I've been lucky. I submitted one last week and it was credited around 4 days later. Sumitted another last night so we'll see how long that one takes.

Not so, you have the same booking number, cabin etc.....NOT a new booking in any way.....you need to call Carnival and straighten the tip amount out....it will need to be corrected manually....that is just wrong!!!

I booked my cruise for next Jan 19th 2013 and sent in my FCC. It was applied within 5 days. Don't know if there is anything that says they work them in order. My brother in law is on the same cruise sent in his FCC and it took 8 days by was credited.

Archived