Epic must do list?

Mr. Tricky

We have a group of 10 sailing in April. The group is a mix of adults and teens. Most are seasoned cruisers, two adult newbies. We are looking forward to the live entertainment and variety of food choices.

To those of you that have sailed on Epic what would your food and entertainment must do list look like?

Thank you in advance...

If Slam Allen is playing in Fat Cats dont miss them. Incredible. Granted you have to like blues- but the show is super entertaining.

Not necessarily. I am not a huge blues fan myself but I LOVED Slam Allen. It was a fantastic show and definitely not to be missed.

I would also add Blue Man Group to the list that has already been mentioned.

If you choose the buffet to eat breakfast and want a quiet place to eat, walk all the way forward and take the stairs down into La Cucina. You get a great view of the bow of the ship and a pretty empty place to eat. The waiter down there is fantastic too!

We enjoyed O'Sheehans on boarding day too. It was a cool place to sit and people watch while you were waiting for your room to open up.

I agree with the others:

Martini Tasting

Slam Allen (a must in my book)

Crepe station - for us this is our late night dessert. We add ice cream.

There was also a very nice wine tasting. Check the dailies. It was only offered a couple of times and had VERY limited seating. Timing was around 1 or 2 pm or so. You had to line up at least 30 minutes ahead to get a space. You could only do this day of. It was offered in Modernos, I believe. It's not at all like the martini or margarita tastings. This was sponsored by one of the distributors. It had 8 or so different French wines. She talked about pairings. They had some cheeses and breads as well. It was fun. I don't think there was a fee either, but I'm not positive on that one.

WOW.....hard to narrow it down, but here goes....

-Blue Man Group

-Cirque

-Martini tasting

-Slam Allen

-O'Sheehans for snacks and nightcaps

I could go on, but I'd continue repeating what everyone else has said.

Epic is my favorite ship!

There are dozens of threads on this topic. I would suggest reading the Epic reviews posted in this forum. There is lots of info to be found there on what to do, and maybe what not to do. There are two reviews in my signature line that may help, but a search on "Epic Review" or even just "Epic" (some post reviews with titles like "Just got back from Epic"), you will get lots of things to read.

Here is one thread asking the exact same question. About 5 posts in there is a list that one of the members here accumulated in late 2010 from all the Epic posts. Some of it might be outdated, but it's a good read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1531749

Some of my favorites:

Blue Man

Noodle Bar

O'Sheehans

Moderno

Cirque Dreams

The Spa

How much is the Martini Tasting and HOOOOW MANY???

They have two Martini tastings. They are both $15 per person. You get 4 martinis at the first one, and FIVE at the second one. They are held on Sunday and Thursday. Ours were both at 3:00pm in Shakers. Fully narrated by one of the bartenders and they come out FAST. Here is my DH enjoying the first Martini, the Lemon Drop. I have no pictures of what happened after this point of the afternoon. The next picture on my camera was of me sleeping on the balcony clutching a 2 liter water bottle. :D

6jjz1w.jpg

Archived