~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Oh Bill......congrats on your open water cert. Try to get to the ABC islands, Bonaire being our fave dive spot, some of the best we've ever seen! Do Buddy Dive if you get there. But some cruises go to Aruba or Curacao equally good. You just shore dive there so you don't have to hire a dive boat. Unbelievable diving.:D Diving...a sport that "sucks" the money right out of your bank account!:p;)

Oh Bill......congrats on your open water cert. Try to get to the ABC islands, Bonaire being our fave dive spot, some of the best we've ever seen! Do Buddy Dive if you get there. But some cruises go to Aruba or Curacao equally good. You just shore dive there so you don't have to hire a dive boat. Unbelievable diving.:D Diving...a sport that "sucks" the money right out of your bank account!:p;)

Thanks I'm planning a dive just once every or every other cruise with rental so I don't plan on spending a lot of money, just a slightly more expensive cruise. Settled in now watch Oasis leave.

I like to watch the ships from the rocks at the end of the beach just at the entrance to the inlet. Here is a photo of the rocks. On this thread post # 434, 435, 436 a poster gave directions on how to get to this location. Other posters may have some other suggestions :)

2073128480092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Can you walk here from the Hyatt Pier 66?

Hi Bill yes it is walkable from Hyatt Pier 66. I did post the links a few posts back of some directions and a map

I used google to figure out the distance and is it 1 mile from the Hyatt right to the actual rocks. Here is a map right to the rocks from the Hyatt

480469_10150979122596693_1442348686_n.jpg

I'm trying to find the replay for last week 7/21 sailing for Oasis. DD called me to tell me she saw DH and I waving:D I found all weeks prior but can't find ours.....am I missing something or is it possible they have not posted it yet?

I'm trying to find the replay for last week 7/21 sailing for Oasis. DD called me to tell me she saw DH and I waving:D I found all weeks prior but can't find ours.....am I missing something or is it possible they have not posted it yet?

Did you have a scheduled wave to the webcam? There is a chance it has not been posted yet.

Did you have a scheduled wave to the webcam? There is a chance it has not been posted yet.
Yes I did...public deck 12 aft.......I just can't wait to see it!

Emmy, how do you do those screen shot pictures that you post??

Yes I did...public deck 12 aft.......I just can't wait to see it!

Emmy, how do you do those screen shot pictures that you post??

That is why I asked cause I usually take a print screen especially of deck 11 or 12.

I use the program Snipping Tool on Windows 7 then save it.

I found this capture on the http://www.portfever.com website which archives the sail aways. So you see yourself at all? :)

375676_10150979834371693_2117816000_n.jpg

That is why I asked cause I usually take a print screen especially of deck 11 or 12.

I use the program Snipping Tool on Windows 7 then save it.

I found this capture on the www.portfever.com website which archives the sail aways. So you see yourself at all? :)

375676_10150979834371693_2117816000_n.jpg

YES! Closer to the corner on the left....wearing a bright orange shirt and DH in a sapphire/royal blue shirt!

Thank you so much..........you're always so helpful!:)

YES! Closer to the corner on the left....wearing a bright orange shirt and DH in a sapphire/royal blue shirt!

Thank you so much..........you're always so helpful!:)

I am sure then that when the video gets loaded that you will be on it. Glad to help :) :)

Bill, this is the spot I was talking about on our Roll Call where we will watch the Oasis sailaway. It is a 2 minute walk from the Lago Mar Resort and that's one of the reasons why we picked that hotel!!

Bill, this is the spot I was talking about on our Roll Call where we will watch the Oasis sailaway. It is a 2 minute walk from the Lago Mar Resort and that's one of the reasons why we picked that hotel!!

Good, I'll try to get a flight in early enough to see Oasis

The first time I can remember of many dozens watching either Oasis or Allure, today a small boat came into the channel as Allure was leaving causing a patrol boat to go after them and divert them away.

Also, if it was leaving for dry dock would it leave at the usually scheduled time of 4.00pm? I'd presume it would just leave when everyone got off?

Edit: I couldn't find anything on the Roll Call board, but doing a quick search shows that the Freedom should be doing the usual 6 day cruise... maybe their muster drill ran late?

Edited by jarz85