~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Monarch departing Port Canaveral, they just zoomed in on the balcony's and decks...doesn't look like many people are out.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Yes I think I counted about 5 people up on deck including two at the very top deck at the front with rain gear on that eventually took cover behind the glass railing.:)

Allure of the Seas is back home:):) Welcome back!! She passed the webcam about 5:20 am this morning.

Sail Away at 5pm http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

Early morning capture of her in Port Everglades.

394434_10151042444561693_1977517172_n.jpg

This is officially a weekend only thing for me now. I did drop a note to the PixTV people telling them I am dissapointed they block me. I have supported their advertisers and can still see some of the ads, but since my employer blocks some of their ads I can't see the webcam. While I understand their position, their reply was pretty arrogant and told me where to go.

This is officially a weekend only thing for me now. I did drop a note to the PixTV people telling them I am dissapointed they block me. I have supported their advertisers and can still see some of the ads, but since my employer blocks some of their ads I can't see the webcam. While I understand their position, their reply was pretty arrogant and told me where to go.

Bill,

We don't feel our response to your email was arrogant and we did not tell you where to go. We are sorry you feel that way, but we have no control over your employer blocking ads on our webcam sites.

I have posted our email response below.

Lou

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear you are no longer able to view at work. However, corporate IT has the right to control/monitor everything and anything that happens on their PCs, servers and networks. Whether that involves advertising or streaming video. Both can be blocked. They could also initiate punitive action against anyone found to be using any corporate computing resource for non work-related activities.

If they don't want you seeing advertising provided by Google (our ad provider) then they probably don't want you streaming our video either. Streaming video is expensive, costs real dollars to achieve... both for us and everyone else down the line... including your employers.

The only suggestion we have at this time is to acquire a 4G-enabled tablet or other mobile device and use that to view our webcams anywhere you can get good 4G wireless broadband service.

Regards,

PTZtv Support

support@ptztv.com

www.PTZtv.com

Bill,

We don't feel our response to your email was arrogant and we did not tell you where to go. We are sorry you feel that way, but we have no control over your employer blocking ads on our webcam sites.

PTZtv Support

support@ptztv.com

www.PTZtv.com

I read it to say that the employer's response was arrogant, not yours.

Impersonal may have been more appropriate, but I took some offense to maybe your employer doesn't want you streaming our video. Perhaps I needed caffeine earlier, but you really have no idea what my employer allows me to do, especially on my break, lunch, or now before I start my day. That is what I took offense to. I do work for a mega corp with an equally impersonal IT department and they are kind of hit and miss. As I mentioned I still see the ads at the bottom, just not the ones on the sides and they do have the capability of blocking the streaming part.

The other part I found arrogant, I shouldn't have as you don't realize I've been involved with It probably longer than the person who wrote that message. I am fully aware of most things IT related, but you can't know that. I am disspointed I will be watching the cams less in the coming months and seeing less of the adverisers, like the Hyatt Pier 66 where I made my next reservation for.

Edited by BillOh

Hi Bill, I'm in the same boat, I can't see the cam's any longer at work, either. I hate it!

Bill...you need to get a smart phone...then you can tune into cruisecritic at anytime or anywhere there is reception available! It might be small, but works in a pinch! :D

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is awesome for live streaming... I watch the cams regularly in full HD!

Stay away from that iPhone......

Bill...you need to get a smart phone...then you can tune into cruisecritic at anytime or anywhere there is reception available! It might be small, but works in a pinch! :D

I do have the Evo 4g, and will have the Evo 4LTE next weekend. But at 50+, I prefer it on my 20" monitor. At least I still have it on the big screen at home on weekends. There is 4G coverage in the Port Everglades area, I did watch myself briefly last year and probably will again next year.

Good Morning ~ well the beautiful Allure of the Seas is back in port looking like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in Port Everglades this morning. :)

What a difference a week makes :)

Sail away 5pm

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

Also Freedom of the Seas sails at 4:30pm out of Port Canaveral

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

376937_10151048919591693_1838279976_n.jpg