~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Saturday so almost time for Oasis of the Seas to sail away

5 pm

www.portevergladeswebcam.com

www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

Hey Emmy,are you watching? I am....teary-eyed...remembering the great time on her last November. I am very very cruise-hungry...really need one bad! Oh well-next one in January on the Summit-can't wait.

Greetings from Toronto,Suzy:D

Hey Emmy,are you watching? I am....teary-eyed...remembering the great time on her last November. I am very very cruise-hungry...really need one bad! Oh well-next one in January on the Summit-can't wait.

Greetings from Toronto,Suzy:D

Suzy without a doubt I watched :) NO horn today from Oasis ...booo:(

Suzy there will be lots of pink on Deck 11 on Oct 6 and Oct 13. Doing a B2B on Oasis. Hope you will watch then.:)

Suzy without a doubt I watched :) NO horn today from Oasis ...booo:(

Suzy there will be lots of pink on Deck 11 on Oct 6 and Oct 13. Doing a B2B on Oasis. Hope you will watch then.:)

Bummer. I'm glad I wasn't on the ship. It would have ruined my sail-a-way. Who is the dud captain this week?

The "current captains" thread says it is Capt Trym Selvag. His middle name must be Dud.

I have seen the 'horn' button on the bridge of Oasis class. Might have to point it out to him :) :)

PINK oh yes!!:)

If I could get my hands on that button I can assure you that no one would feel disappointed!:):):)

LOL LIKE!!!!!!!

Day in and day out ..Saturday and Sunday and all the other days of the week the team of David and Lou of PTZtv do a great job manning the webcams and giving us views of our favourite ships and other interesting sights that happen in front of their webcams.

Thank you for this service and look forward to the future and to the fall/winter season of cruising when many of the RCI and other ships return from either Europe or Alaska and will be featured on one of your webcams. :) :)

Look forward to seeing Enchantment OTS in the spring on the Port Canaveral webcam, Independence of the Seas on her return to Port Everglades in the late fall, Vision of the Seas that will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale late this year, Liberty of the Seas on her return from Europe who will also sail out of Port Everglades. Of course we will still be able to view the BIG ladies Oasis and Allure.:D

3 RCI ships sailing away today on 4 different PTZtv webcams

4 pm ~ Explorer of the Seas http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

4:30pm ~ Freedom of the Seas http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

5 pm ~ Allure of the Seas http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

and a few other ships as well to enjoy.:)

I saw some pink boas waving and thought of you, Emmy!:D

I saw the glare, also. It got better when she got closer, but still not as clear as I have seen it in the past.

....and the Captain knew where they put that horn button!

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Well Lady O decided to dock the other way today. 3 weeks today I will be putting luggage tags on and getting ready to head to the pier.:):D

Good Morning Lady O ~ good morning everyone!

184056_409889472403378_1906924031_n.jpg

Has Oasis ever docked like that before? I've never seen it like that.

Yes she has docked that way before. I have seen it quite a few times perhaps once every couples months or so. Allure of the Seas will do this as well.

My second sailing on Oasis in Oct 2010 she docked starboard to the ocean. From our Deck 11 Sail away location we were looking right at the 'red candy cane like' stacks which by the way are scheduled to come down next year around June if I recall correctly.

Oasis and Allure will look 'different' withouth those in the background :)

Yes she has docked that way before. I have seen it quite a few times perhaps once every couples months or so. Allure of the Seas will do this as well.

My second sailing on Oasis in Oct 2010 she docked starboard to the ocean. From our Deck 11 Sail away location we were looking right at the 'red candy cane like' stacks which by the way are scheduled to come down next year around June if I recall correctly.

Oasis and Allure will look 'different' withouth those in the background :)

It just won't be the same wothout the 4 stacks.

"Florida Power Light (FPL) is initiating the replacement project with a $1 billion investment and says the new power plant will cut carbon dioxide emissions in half. The new plant will use existing transmission and cooling facilities, but replace the four 350-foot-high stacks with three 150-foot-high stacks painted a less obtrusive gray"

It just won't be the same wothout the 4 stacks.

"Florida Power Light (FPL) is initiating the replacement project with a $1 billion investment and says the new power plant will cut carbon dioxide emissions in half. The new plant will use existing transmission and cooling facilities, but replace the four 350-foot-high stacks with three 150-foot-high stacks painted a less obtrusive gray"

Thanks for sharing some of the details.:) It will indeed change the look of the area.