~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Well Lady O decided to dock the other way today. 3 weeks today I will be putting luggage tags on and getting ready to head to the pier.:):D

Good Morning Lady O ~ good morning everyone!

Would that be RCI supplied tags or home made ones?:eek::D

Oasis was docked that way when we sailed her in June 2010. We were on the Flow Rider before sail-away, and our photos have the FLL industrial background.

Emmy, I'm sad that I won't get to see you sail away on the 6th, but it will be for good reason ;)

Sunday sail away time ~:D:):D

4pm and still in Port is Explorer of the Seas

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

4:30 pm Freedom of the Seas

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

5 pm the big Lady ~ Allure of the Seas

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com best views as she pulls away from the pier.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com (for cruisers waving)

Well Lady O decided to dock the other way today. 3 weeks today I will be putting luggage tags on and getting ready to head to the pier.:):D

Good Morning Lady O ~ good morning everyone!

184056_409889472403378_1906924031_n.jpg

Host Faith on Allure this week, Will be nice to watch both of you.

The webcams are not always about beautiful cruise ships but once and awhile mother nature put on a spectacular show like last evening.:)

Lightning storm I captured these two photos off the Fort Lauderdale webcam.

470625_10151069613401693_905396405_o.jpg

244134_10151069589516693_1285734934_o.jpg

Goog morning. Today we will get a treat and get to see brilliance of the Seas sail away out of New York. She is in port and will sail away with the Queen Mary

www.nyharborwebcam.com

I was trying to figure out what other ship they were showing on the webcam. It kinda looks like the ship they show at the beginning of Die Hard with a Vengeance - there is a scene at the very beginning of the show & they show a cruise ship real quick.

Pat

I was trying to figure out what other ship they were showing on the webcam. It kinda looks like the ship they show at the beginning of Die Hard with a Vengeance - there is a scene at the very beginning of the show & they show a cruise ship real quick.

Pat

The ship on the webcam view right now is Queen Mary 2. She is looking beautiful :):)

The next best thing to being ON THE SHIP, is to watch them leave in Port Everglades..there are 2 places to see them.....one is John Lloyd's park, the other right near the condos where the PORT FEVER cam is located...I go about 7-10x a year..it's about 45 minutes south of my house...my wife & I bring our beach chairs, a cooler with goodies, and of course............................................THE BINOCULARS!!!!!!

We go Nov- April, then 90% of the ships leave for Europe & Alaska.....can't wait to start going again in Nov....my friends are going to see us off on the Liberty Of The Seas Nov.10 and we will waive from our balcony cabin....47 days to go!!! Anyone else go down alot to see the ships leave?

Big Al

The next best thing to being ON THE SHIP, is to watch them leave in Port Everglades..there are 2 places to see them.....one is John Lloyd's park, the other right near the condos where the PORT FEVER cam is located...I go about 7-10x a year..it's about 45 minutes south of my house...my wife & I bring our beach chairs, a cooler with goodies, and of course............................................THE BINOCULARS!!!!!!

We go Nov- April, then 90% of the ships leave for Europe & Alaska.....can't wait to start going again in Nov....my friends are going to see us off on the Liberty Of The Seas Nov.10 and we will waive from our balcony cabin....47 days to go!!! Anyone else go down alot to see the ships leave?

Big Al

I have watched a few ships sail from the rocks at the end of the beach on the port side as the ships sail out. Fun thing to do and recommend it if you arrive a day or two before.

12 days til my sail away on Oasis B2B :) deck 11 aft balcony to wave to the cam :)

Majesty is sailing away right now on the Port or Miami cam

http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com

I have watched a few ships sail from the rocks at the end of the beach on the port side as the ships sail out. Fun thing to do and recommend it if you arrive a day or two before.

12 days til my sail away on Oasis B2B :) deck 11 aft balcony to wave to the cam :)

Thanks...just missed the Majesty ( our honeymoon ship in '96!)..now I'm watching the NCL Sky ( been on her twice...)

Alan

I'm amazed they let people out on those rocks! Hoping to get an early flight in next April to watch Oasis leave, I'll probably stay off the rocks since I'll have my camera, it would be too much to try and balance and hold a camera.

I'm amazed they let people out on those rocks! Hoping to get an early flight in next April to watch Oasis leave, I'll probably stay off the rocks since I'll have my camera, it would be too much to try and balance and hold a camera.

Why? Walking out on jetties is not something odd or unique for us living on the coast.

Why? Walking out on jetties is not something odd or unique for us living on the coast.

I'm amazed from a legal stand point in a society that is frequently called (can't remember how to spell LA-TIDGE -US ;) ) I'm glad they can and I believe in personal responsability, but it only takes one person to sue. I'd love to sit there and watch the ships go out. As a personal choice having only 1 chance every few years, I'll elect not to for wanting to get pictures and not trusting myself while carrying a camera and being fearful of ending up the hospital on cruise day. I have no doubt with care taken people can be safe.

Edited by BillOh

Bill- You can also go to John Lloyd Park, where there are NO rocks, and in fact, a nice beach,restrooms ( NONE at the condos), a barbeque area, and you watch the ships leave from the STARBOARD side instead of the PORT side...you pay $7 per car and go to the END , where it says "jetti"....we prefer it there much more BUT they close at sunset...so you must check the sunset calenders...in the winter, the sunsets between 5:30 and 6 PM...in April, it may be 6:30, which should be fine since the Oasis leaves at 5-5:50 ....any more info needed ,let me know....

Big Al

Bill- You can also go to John Lloyd Park, where there are NO rocks, and in fact, a nice beach,restrooms ( NONE at the condos), a barbeque area, and you watch the ships leave from the STARBOARD side instead of the PORT side...you pay $7 per car and go to the END , where it says "jetti"....we prefer it there much more BUT they close at sunset...so you must check the sunset calenders...in the winter, the sunsets between 5:30 and 6 PM...in April, it may be 6:30, which should be fine since the Oasis leaves at 5-5:50 ....any more info needed ,let me know....

Big Al

I've heard of that and you got my curiosity up, so I looked at it on Google Earth. If I lived there or was spending any time there I would definitely have a picnic and enjoy that area. For the foreseeable future, I have one cruised planned and we are staying at the Hyatt so we will probably walk and meet our roll call group there. (This is all continent on flight schedules)