~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Hi Emmy! Your back on the Oasis soon I see. Lucky girl! :D

I am on Oasis Feb 2. Will be waving that day on my favorite location I have lucky enough to sail on Allure twice. :)

Question: I see on the website, you can request a wave-by, or something like that. What does that mean?

Here's our situation.. we are in cabin 7708 on the Indy which is Corner Aft, Port side. We will be closest to these cameras. This cabin is the top one with the "porthole" on the balcony, so it's very visible and easy to find on these videos.

If we make a banner of some sort, and drape it on the hull between the "porthole" and the balcony railing at the back, would this be appropriate? It would be very visible the camera.

If yes.. some advice please...

1. Where are the cameras located? I'd like to know when to wave :)

2. What kinds of things to people put on their banners/signs?

I think this would be a lot of fun :)

Edited by Toddcan

Question: I see on the website, you can request a wave-by, or something like that. What does that mean?

Here's our situation.. we are in cabin 7708 on the Indy which is Corner Aft, Port side. We will be closest to these cameras. This cabin is the top one with the "porthole" on the balcony, so it's very visible and easy to find on these videos.

If we make a banner of some sort, and drape it on the hull between the "porthole" and the balcony railing at the back, would this be appropriate? It would be very visible the camera.

They will try to zoom in on you on the webcam and take still high resolution pictures that you can purchase.

The request a wave page has complete details on where the webcam is located and how to let them know where you are. You can view samples on the inletphotos page they link to.

I know exactly the cabin you are referring to and they will catch you as you sail out. What date are you on Indy :)

to get some ideas of what people put on banners and to see some past waves on Freedom class check out http://www.inletphotos.com

The cruise waves are sorted by Cruise line and ship.

My one tip is to keep waving even as you past the beach and jetty. The zoom on the webcam is great and can follow you for quite some time.

Bon Voyage!! I will be waving to the webcam on Saturday on Lady O :)

YES it is alot of fun!!!:):) I have done it many times. I suggest sending in your wave request as soon as you can.

I found a print screen capture I took off the webcam when I was watching Liberty of the Seas sail out in December. This is the same cabin you have on Indy. Here is the flag this couple had and waves to the webcam

Hope this photo helps

841224_10151250339856693_792111659_o.jpg

Todd I forgot to mention you can request one of their banners as well.

I put in a wave request :)

Where can I go to get a banner? We might just bring a Canadian flag, but I'd love to see the banner options.

I put in a wave request :)

Where can I go to get a banner? We might just bring a Canadian flag, but I'd love to see the banner options.

Todd on the wave request it does show a photo of the two banners they have to be borrowed by cruisers. The webcam operators can arrange a pick up spot. Canadian flag is good and I see many different types of flags from many countries. If you want a banner or will have a flag you should let the webcam guys know. You will be asier to spot :)

I will be watching and will do a print screen for you too :)

PTZtv webcam in Port Everglades also records the sail away so you will not miss it and be able to watch it when you get home :)

Here is a print screen off the webcam of our sail away group on Oasis in October.

384307_10151176056265772_740410385_n.jpg

Edited by emmy

Ah, I see. I can borrow a banner.

I just went to a banner website, and ordered a custom 3'x6' vinyl banner with custom txt and pic on it - about $40 delivered.

I set up my wave request - will I be getting an email confirmation? Maybe I can send them information on what the banner will look like - if it helps them, but I have already setup the wave request.

Can't wait - should be a blast

Ah, I see. I can borrow a banner.

I just went to a banner website, and ordered a custom 3'x6' vinyl banner with custom txt and pic on it - about $40 delivered.

I set up my wave request - will I be getting an email confirmation? Maybe I can send them information on what the banner will look like - if it helps them, but I have already setup the wave request.

Can't wait - should be a blast

You should receive an automated response from PTZtv support.:)

Anyone else see the UFO video on the PTZ site? It was right where the Oasis of the Seas latest video usually is. Probably Chinese lanterns, or swamp gas, or three Venus'. Cool anyway.

I happened to be watching the Grand Princess sail away live when I saw the lights above the ship.. I managed to get a screen capture and after the ship sailed away the PTZtv team loaded the video with great music as well.:)

Quite the sight.

Wow! That was something. Has anybody said anything about what those lights were?

My best guess, as a former MUFON State Section Director and Investigator, is helium filled mylar balloons reflecting the lights of the port. The camera is pointing south. The wind was out of the east at 15 gusting to twenty which agrees fairly closely with the seen direction of flight. The distance between the three objects changes so they are likely separate objects. They also appear to be tumbling since the light is not constant. Distance from the camera is impossible to tell with no frame of reference so they could be fairly close to the camera. Of course if you listen to this guy there is only one answer:

itsaliens_zps062e4adf.jpg

Our banner came in! It's a nice 3'x6' vinyl with bold red lettering. We are in Aft 7708, which is on the port side, perfect for a wave request (booked it!).

We're going to tie the banner between the "porthole" and the railing at the back. It will be a perfect location.

Freedom_aft_balconies.jpg

My wife thinks I'm a little "off" when I get this excited about a cruise. I put the banner up in our family room - she didn't think it fit with the decor, so it's now rolled up, waiting for our cruise :)