~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Stacy, if you check in, I tried to locate the position of Independence for you on Marine traffic at 7 PM but it wasn't showing up. But, have no doubt, it is one its way to pick you up!!:cool:

That made me smile, thanks. Just packing up to head to the port in the morning. HOT down here!

Saw Oasis leave today and an MSC Ship. MSC was still docked about an hour or so ago when We were driving back over the bridge.

Hope this week goes slow for you--haha ;)

That made me smile, thanks. Just packing up to head to the port in the morning. HOT down here!

Saw Oasis leave today and an MSC Ship. MSC was still docked about an hour or so ago when We were driving back over the bridge.

Hope this week goes slow for you--haha ;)

Cool, glad I caught you. I went to my parent's house tonight and they are in full cruise mode. My mother really contributes to the anticipation of these cruises! :)I actually hope this week goes by slowly too because I know that soon it will all be over.

Freedom of the Seas is just off of Ft. Lauderdale right now on its way back to Port Canaveral. I don't know why Indy is not transmitting its position tonight. I wanted to locate the ship for you.:(

Enjoy!!:):)

Edited by Ocean Boy

OB, won't be getting onboard, came down with a nasty illness, feels like the flu. It was worse this morning, so I can't chance getting on onboard and spreading germs. Devastated.

Have to stay here until we can fly home on Tuesday.

OMG! I can't believe this is happening and I am so sorry to hear this. After all the anticipation I can just imagine how devastated you feel. I little while ago I was wondering if you might be in the Windjammer having lunch.

To tell you the truth, I can't believe that I just read this post. It doesn't seem possible after we talked about this all these months.:( I hope you feel better shortly.

Thanks. I feel most sorry for my parents. I started feeling unwell before I left, but started an antibiotic hoping to curb it. But it has just gotten worse and turned into what feels like the flu. Boarding is not a good idea.

I can't believe it, either. I'm sick about it and inconsolable, basically. Horrible :(

Thanks. I feel most sorry for my parents. I started feeling unwell before I left, but started an antibiotic hoping to curb it. But it has just gotten worse and turned into what feels like the flu. Boarding is not a good idea.

I can't believe it, either. I'm sick about it and inconsolable, basically. Horrible :(

Are you sure you don't want to spend some time staying in your cabin and see if it passes? Never mind, I should not have said that. I don't want you to start second guessing your decisions. I feel so disappointed for you.

Oh that is terrible! :( I give you alot of credit...Many people would just board anyway. I feel so badly for you. Feel better!

Edited by janetz

Are you sure you don't want to spend some time staying in your cabin and see if it passes? Never mind, I should not have said that. I don't want you to start second guessing your decisions. I feel so disappointed for you.

I was second-guessing all day. I felt worse this morning so we had to check out and transfer to another hotel to wait to see if I improved. I felt so nauseous and shaky, and just didn't think it was a good idea. I have a terrible cough and can barely talk. I never get things like this so I have no idea if its a bronchitis type thing or the flu. I kept thinking that I didn't want to start a "norovirus" outbreak.

Of course I am just crying straight thinking of my parents' disappointment. We already called Royal Caribbean and then changed our flights. Couldn't get out until Tuesday. Just very disappointing as you can imagine. I can't even think of that ship sitting a couple of miles from me!

I was second-guessing all day. I felt worse this morning so we had to check out and transfer to another hotel to wait to see if I improved. I felt so nauseous and shaky, and just didn't think it was a good idea. I have a terrible cough and can barely talk. I never get things like this so I have no idea if its a bronchitis type thing or the flu. I kept thinking that I didn't want to start a "norovirus" outbreak.

Of course I am just crying straight thinking of my parents' disappointment. We already called Royal Caribbean and then changed our flights. Couldn't get out until Tuesday. Just very disappointing as you can imagine. I can't even think of that ship sitting a couple of miles from me!

Any chance of stopping at a walk-in clinic to see if they can give you an idea of what might be going on and a prognosis?

Is anyone else having problem with the Port Everglades webcam? When I tried to bring it up it said "Website not available". I was finally able to get to it from the Fort Lauderdale Webcam, but the picture quality is horrible today. It seems to lock up my computer a lot, too.

Luckystac13 - I feel so bad for you! Something better has to be coming your way. Feel better.:(

True, but sooo much fun! I'd love to have a banner on my balcony! But, of course, first I'd have to have a balcony! ;)

You can always take you banner to deck 11 aft for sailaway. It is a popular Cruise Critic sailaway spot.

OB-I'm home, got back home last night. Wanted to wish you a great cruise again. Enjoy every minute! The weather is supposed to be a little cool for you on Saturday-60's. have a safe trip!

Thank you so much. I'm glad you got home safetly. I hope you are feeling better? I'm still so sorry about what happened.:(

Thank you so much. I'm glad you got home safetly. I hope you are feeling better? I'm still so sorry about what happened.:(

Thanks. It's okay, could have been worse, we could have been injured or something more serious, so I am trying to look on the bright side of things. I went to the doc this morning, and he thinks it's a touch of bronchitis along with a touch of the flu. Still feeling very crappy, so I am glad I did not board that ship. It all feels like a bad dream, to tell you the truth. But hopefully I can make it up to my family someday soon.

Have a drink for me onboard, will be interested to hear how your trip went and how the ship was. Make it last, enjoy that beautiful blue water!!