Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

What are the best drink mixers available to the classic alcohol package? I am a fan on vodka and tonic, vodka and sprite, jack and coke etc

Has anyone got any tips to get the best out of the classic package?

When you order a drink order it by brand such as Absolute and tonic. If you don't they will just pour from the unmarked bottle. Ask what brands are eligible for the classic package if you aren't sure. Each bar has a menu for drinks that are a little more special than just your average vodka and soft drink mix. I found that the menu's offer more drinks that fall under the classic package than the premium package. Every once and a while you will see a drink priced at $8.50. The exceptions would be at the Martini bar and Michael's club where the majority of the drinks are priced above $8. You can still order basic drinks at these venues that are not on the menu. It took me a few days to realize that my room was closer to Cafe' al Bacio than the Oceanview Cafe' for my morning coffee. This was my first Celebrity cruise and I was just conditioned to always go to the buffet on Princess for coffee. I really didn't find the classic package limiting. They were able to make any drink I requested including Mimosa's in the morning.

My question is if you purchase a classic beverage card, but end up on some days consuming more than the daily rate charged for the card, are you charged for the extra drinks you consumed? We do not usually drink alot but we will be on vacation and I am sure it can or will get away from us on occasion if the drinks are tasting real good.

You can drink as much as you like. No daily limit. Our on board invoice contained 6 pages of zero entries.

There is no limit on the number of drinks you consume, only the price of the drink. :) Also, you can only order 1 drink at a time. :(

So, what marks the end of "a time"? After I order on drink, when can I order the next one? I don't have to finish the previous one, right? Do they just take my previous drink, and then allow me to order the next?

So, what marks the end of "a time"? After I order on drink, when can I order the next one? I don't have to finish the previous one, right? Do they just take my previous drink, and then allow me to order the next?

You will have a problem ordering 2 drinks at a time. The assumption would be you are ordering for someone else. You could go to 1 bar, order a drink and then go to another bar and order a second drink but they do track your ordering ( darn computers) so again, if the orders are close in time (a relative term) you could again look suspicions. :eek:

Edited by mpbmark

You will have a problem ordering 2 drinks at a time. The assumption would be you are ordering for someone else. You could go to 1 bar, order a drink and then go to another bar and order a second drink but they do track your ordering ( darn computers) so again, if the orders are close in time (a relative term) you could again raise s:eek:uspicions.

So, ... , again, .... How is it decided when it's ok to have the next drink?

So what is everyones favourite/best mixer drinks made on the ship? (classic package) trying to get the best value haha

Mimosa, Bloody Mary or Absolute and Orange juice at breakfast

Coffee with Baileys

Asian Apple Lemonade

Long Island Iced Tea

Bay Breeze

Sea Breeze

Kettle One or Three Olives (Vodka brands) Dirty Martini

Pina Colada made with Captain Morgan

Prosecco Sparkling wine at dinner

Mimosa, Bloody Mary or Absolute and Orange juice at breakfast

Coffee with Baileys

Asian Apple Lemonade

Long Island Iced Tea

Bay Breeze

Sea Breeze

Kettle One or Three Olives (Vodka brands) Dirty Martini

Pina Colada made with Captain Morgan

Prosecco Sparkling wine at dinner

The long ice tea I had on the Silhouette was one of the worst I ever had in my life :eek:

Just returned from the May 11 cruise on the Silhouette. We were on the 123 Go package with free Classic drinks. I upgraded to Premium on board as I mostly drink wine and dh stayed with Classic. We do not drink a lot and also do not drink soda but it was cheaper than just getting the water package which we intended to do.

It was great to have it. Service was great. We were well served by our sommelier in the dining room.

Edited by cpl100

Just returned from the May 11 cruise on the Silhouette. We were on the 123 Go package with free Classic drinks. I upgraded to Premium on board as I mostly drink wine and dh stayed with Classic. We do not drink a lot and also do not drink soda but it was cheaper than just getting the water package which we intended to do.

It was great to have it. Service was great. We were well served by our sommelier in the dining room.

Did you only pay the difference? Or do you have to pay for the whole premium package?

Thanks

Did you only pay the difference? Or do you have to pay for the whole premium package?

Thanks

Upgrading to premium from classic will be $10 + 15% gratuity per day...

Any update on whether staff are more used to package in European waters now? I believe teething problems were reported.

What teething problems have you read about Flo71?

We had the premium package on our Connie Mediterranean sailing back in 2010 and again on the Silhouette inaugural (Europe) sailing in 2011 so the packages have been around or quite some time now.

On both these cruises we had no problems using the package and had good service from the bars. The only complaint was slow service in the MDR but this seemed to be due to too few sommeliers trying to service too many tables.

We got into the habit of getting a glass of wine from one of the bars on our way into the MDR so we were not without a drink until he sommelier got around to us.

What teething problems have you read about Flo71?

We had the premium package on our Connie Mediterranean sailing back in 2010 and again on the Silhouette inaugural (Europe) sailing in 2011 so the packages have been around or quite some time now.

On both these cruises we had no problems using the package and had good service from the bars. The only complaint was slow service in the MDR but this seemed to be due to too few sommeliers trying to service too many tables.

We got into the habit of getting a glass of wine from one of the bars on our way into the MDR so we were not without a drink until he sommelier got around to us.

There were passengers on here who said that staff were confused due to the taxes being included in the drinks prices onboard in Europe/ex UK cruise recently. I will see if I can find the comments.

There were passengers on here who said that staff were confused due to the taxes being included in the drinks prices onboard in Europe/ex UK cruise recently. I will see if I can find the comments.

Ok I get it, the confusion seems to be when the 15% gratuity has already been included in the menu price in which case the limit on the classic package is $9.20 per drink.

I also hope that they have resolved this now.