Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Thought we had made our mind up to upgrade for sure, but I have a few more questions after reading this. Do you happen to know if the "drink of the day" would be included pricewise in the classic package? Also, I don't think any at the Molecular lounge would be, right? Thanks so much in advance.

If I remember correctly in a recent very detailed and excellent review, the "Library Lady" indicated that no Molecular Bar drinks were covered in the classic beverage package.

Thought we had made our mind up to upgrade for sure, but I have a few more questions after reading this. Do you happen to know if the "drink of the day" would be included pricewise in the classic package? Also, I don't think any at the Molecular lounge would be, right? Thanks so much in advance.

From what I have read on these boards, the unique drinks at the Molecular Bar are all 12 bucks, with the exception of the 20 year Martini, which is 11. That being said, none of these drinks would be covered by the Classic package. If I was on a S class ship that had the Molecular bar, the option to upgrade would be a slam dunk.

We're going to be on the Summit, and we are still thinking about upgrading because then we would 1) not have to worry about ordering small martinis 2) be able to order a beer that is over 5 bucks 3) be able to pay only the 3 dollar up charge to get the 6 flavored mini martini show that would cost the entire 15 bucks if we only had the Classic package 4) be able to enjoy the higher end coffees, Red Bull and whatever else is in the Premium package. 5) not have to worry if the drink we're ordering is over 8 bucks and thus not covered in the program.

The Classic program is well suited for those that like a particular drink such as a Rum & Coke, 7 & 7, etc and it's always going to be under 8 bucks. Those that like to experiment and try new concoctions are better suited to upgrade to the Premium package, because it opens up more options. It'll cost us 161 for the upgrade, but we have 150 in OBC, so the decision is very easy for us.

If you wish to upgrade to the Premium package, it will cost an additional 11.50 pp per day and you can upgrade

If I do the upgrade after the first day will the charge be prorated for the balance of the cruise, minus the one day. I have heard that it is prorated..I have also heard that you pay for the entire cruise length.

Edited by dalejudy319

Do you remember which wines (pref white ;)) were very good? If they make us both get the premium, I won't bother because it won't be worth the extra $23 a day. Thanks!

There were several white wines by the glass on the CLASSIC list. I usually drink Sauvignon Blanc but I do remember opting/drinking a nice Chardonnay from the list. There were also some sparkling whites including Proseco and Cava and a house 'champagne'- not the best but passable!

I hope this helps. remember all wines/cocktails/martinis/mixed drinks, up to 8 dollars are included.Have fun. :):)

We leave on our celebrity cruise next week and I have paid for the classic package again!;)

There was a very good Pinot Grigio on that as $7.50. Also I had a nice Malbec each night at dinner that was included. I thought the Classic package covered a good selection - about one for each varietal. We are trying the Premium package on the Summit in April.

Do I have this right, you can purchase the Clasisc drink package at any point in the cruise? So if you have a 14 night cruise, you can purchase the drink package on day 7 but the requirement is that you are required to purchase every day from that day until the end of your cruise? You just go to any bartender and tell them that you want to purchase a drink package for the remainding 7 days and he can sell it to you? If this is correct, it sounds great to me.

Thank you.

Do I have this right, you can purchase the Clasisc drink package at any point in the cruise? So if you have a 14 night cruise, you can purchase the drink package on day 7 but the requirement is that you are required to purchase every day from that day until the end of your cruise? You just go to any bartender and tell them that you want to purchase a drink package for the remainding 7 days and he can sell it to you? If this is correct, it sounds great to me.

Thank you.

That is correct. The package is pro-rated. I think it has to be done while there are at least 4 days left to cruise.

I'm assuming the classic package includes drinks at dinner?

Absolutely. The wine list at dinner has a bigger section by the glass than at other bars. And you can order any other mixed drinks included by the package (up to an including $8).

• 3 weeks later...

Are there still any Scotch Whisky's covered by the Classic package?? (Are the prices for the Whiskey's still the same nowadays as shown in the list on page 1 of this thread??)

Edited by janb92

We just got back from a 7-night Celebrity So, Caribbean and I audited how much a paid per drink for our Premium package.

For the two of us combined, we paid an average of $6.25 per drink

That makes it worthwhile for us.

The only thing we did differently was to order an espresso after dinner and drink Perrier at the pool.

If we did not have the plan, I would have gotten coffee with dessert and we would have drunk tap water at the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From what I have read on these boards, the unique drinks at the Molecular Bar are all 12 bucks, with the exception of the 20 year Martini, which is 11. That being said, none of these drinks would be covered by the Classic package. If I was on a S class ship that had the Molecular bar, the option to upgrade would be a slam dunk.

We're going to be on the Summit, and we are still thinking about upgrading because then we would 1) not have to worry about ordering small martinis 2) be able to order a beer that is over 5 bucks 3) be able to pay only the 3 dollar up charge to get the 6 flavored mini martini show that would cost the entire 15 bucks if we only had the Classic package 4) be able to enjoy the higher end coffees, Red Bull and whatever else is in the Premium package. 5) not have to worry if the drink we're ordering is over 8 bucks and thus not covered in the program.

The Classic program is well suited for those that like a particular drink such as a Rum & Coke, 7 & 7, etc and it's always going to be under 8 bucks. Those that like to experiment and try new concoctions are better suited to upgrade to the Premium package, because it opens up more options. It'll cost us 161 for the upgrade, but we have 150 in OBC, so the decision is very easy for us.

I was unable to get a small martini at the martini bar...i asked if there were any martinis i could have....i was told a regular vodka or gin martini were the only options...after a bit of a go round

I was given a cosmo...that was warm and tasted awful.... I gave up on martinis

We are considering the upgrade for our summit cruise

Are there still any Scotch Whisky's covered by the Classic package?? (Are the prices for the Whiskey's still the same nowadays as shown in the list on page 1 of this thread??)

The link below has the price list for Michael's. There are 4 different scotch's listed @ 8.00.

http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf

I was unable to get a small martini at the martini bar...i asked if there were any martinis i could have....i was told a regular vodka or gin martini were the only options...after a bit of a go round

It's a shame you didn't upgrade when you were on your recent Silhouette cruise. Since it's an S class ship, they had the Molecular Bar, which unfortunately is not on the M class ships like the Summit, which you're going to go on just like us. There are different martini's at the martini bar that are not made from vodka or gin, which tend to be very strong and can be a turn off to some palates. There are options with rum and even tequila that may be better suited to you.

Edited by SNJCruisers

This is good info to share. I have read on many threads that most expect to get the small martinis. Several posters are saying that they had no problem doing so, folks are getting their expectations set to get those small martinis.:o

thank you for all the useful information.

I am still unclear on one point though, if the price of your chosen drink is at the limit of the package you have selected, and then a 15% gratuity is added, are you then charged the entire price of the drink? Or are you only charged the gratuity?

This is good info to share. I have read on many threads that most expect to get the small martinis. Several posters are saying that they had no problem doing so, folks are getting their expectations set to get those small martinis.:o

While I will be very happy to get a "small" fancy martini, I suppose I will be quite happy with beer, wine, and simple mixed drinks all week if that doesn't work out! Hey, "free" is free! :D

thank you for all the useful information.

I am still unclear on one point though, if the price of your chosen drink is at the limit of the package you have selected, and then a 15% gratuity is added, are you then charged the entire price of the drink? Or are you only charged the gratuity?

When you purchase the package, Celebrity collects the gratuities up-front. So, no additional gratuities are charged for a drink bought on the package so long as the drink price is less-than-or-equal-to the maximum price per drink that is stipulated in the package.