Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Can one use the premium package to order large bottles of pellegrino for his table in the MDR? Or do they only serve small individual sized bottles of sparking water.

Hi hockeyfan:

I had the premium alcohol and my wife had the classic non-alcohol(she does not drink alcohol) and at the MDR, the waiter only used my card and would bring any water that we wanted, always the large size because there were 2 of us.

This is to all the ethical people on this board. All of the condemnations of those people that share different packages is only making the fell better about getting something over on the big corporation. These comments make them feel so much better. So my thought is if there are no more comments about it then at least maybe they will stop bragging about stealing. Just my two cents worth. Too bad Celebrity can't trace their computers and go back and charge them for shoplifting. Now that would be a fun post to read.

Hi hockeyfan:

I had the premium alcohol and my wife had the classic non-alcohol(she does not drink alcohol) and at the MDR, the waiter only used my card and would bring any water that we wanted, always the large size because there were 2 of us.

Great, thanks for the response.

wow that was so nice of you! stupid question..is wine included in premium liquior plan? i dont drink but my fiance likes premium beer and wine.thanks

Yes, by the glass up to $12. Higher and you pay the difference. No bottles included and the reports are the by the glass offerings leave something to be desired. Take a look at the wine packages as an alternative.

the package is $54 so if one is a beer drinker would have to drink 10 beers (normal 5% variety) just to break even :eek: Do people actually drink that much on a cruise :confused:

Greetings

Yes, if you are strickly a beer drinker then the Preminum package may be overkill. The Classic package may be a better choice, but it does slightly limit your beer selection. You also have to account for bottled waters, juices, and coffees. These can also add up during the cruise. The best thing is to be informed of the options and make a choice based upon your own needs. Either package may be more than you need or you may find that a package will be of value.

Good Sailing

Tom

• 1 month later...
Well cool, I'm glad having it in one place is helpful, but please can anyone say if I have described the policy correctly?

The other thing that is pretty helpful and cool in deciding this stuff is the excel spreadsheet that calculates your projected usage and tells you how much you might spend based on how you fill out the form.

It's here; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDB3dlRCdkk5MFJ6RFYycUM4T2Vocnc&hl=en#gid=0

To use it you need to download it and open SCREEN 1.

; -D

this is the original:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDMya2VHanpQMGRKVkpyanVtTEhRRmc#gid=0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We have a few questions. We are booked into Aquaclass, and I am wondering what exactly is included that is complimentary ie bottled water (and is it only in room?) and how many? I have heard mentioned that there is juice and smoothies at BLU and special drinks, are any of them complimentary? I am trying to figure out if we need a bev package on top of what we get as Aquaclass members.

Also, I'm wondering if the beer and wine on the classic package is boring/bad, and if I should upgrade my husband. He likes wine and mojitos.

What can you take with you ashore on port days? Is there somewhere you can stock up on water, etc to take in your backpack for the day? Thanks!:)

my husband and i did the premium drink package almost 2 years ago when it was first offered and found it to be worth it. as long as the offerings are the same (beers, wines, cocktails up to $12 included for premium + specialty coffees, bottled waters, etc) are included, it is still worth it. my husband drank huge bottles of pellegrino like it was nobody's business, just because he could! i was also more inclined to try more drinks because if i didn't like it, well then it was already paid for and i could just get something new without having to worry about the cost. and i didn't skimp on anything when i wanted it just because it was extra $. it was well worth it for me to be completely care-free on my vacation. we are doing it again this march :)

Just back from Constellation, my husband and I both had the Premium Package. We each had a specialty coffee or two every morning. I loved the skinny cappuccino latte. A few days I went to the buffet to get the delicious freshly squeezed orange juice and I always had a caffeine free diet coke or two midday and a few bottles of water throughout the day. We really did not drink alcohol during the day except maybe a glass of wine. Before dinner, we enjoyed the martini bar and I would have a martini every night. (These cost $12 without plan). We had a few glasses of wine with dinner, mineral water and an occasional cappuccino after dinner. At the specialty restaurants a few nights, we had an after dinner drink. I loved the fact that all beverages were paid for before we boarded. We bought it when on special and got 10% off. I think it was well worth it and would definitely do it again.

Kathy

Having had the premium alcohol package last year on Solstice I was really pleased I bought it.

I would have fresh orange juice at breakfast, fancy coffees in Cafe al Bacio, water to take ashore, pool side cocktails, Peroni beer late afternoon, followed by a visit to the Molecular bar pre dinner. Wine and Pelligrino water followed by shorts with mixers in the entertainment venues. I easily had more than the daily break even amount but wasn't blind drunk. I thought it was brilliant.

However, I've just come off Island Princess where no such package is available. To my surprise I spent far less on drinks without making great sacrifices. I skipped the fresh orange juice and fancy coffees together with bottled water. I just kept to my usual beer intake, a bottle of wine every night and shorts after dinner.

I'm still glad I had the premium package but wonder if I will buy it again in the future.

I found the beverage package well worth it. I am a wine drinker husband a beer drinker. Since the package now went on sale we both took the more expensive package which was only 48 dollars. I did not like the options on the lesser package for the wine. All the little drinks during the day do add up quickly. Well worth not getting a bill at the end of the cruise.

i did downlaod it. how do i get it into excel? i cant give up now...

Once you have downloaded, you now have an excel file on your computer. You open it like any other excel file. Either click/double click on it and Excel will start up with that file

or

Open Excel, then do a file open.

MOST DIFFICULT PART FOR 80% of PEOPLE:

Knowing where you saved the file. Pay attention to that.

SIDE NOTE: Unless you have the latest version of excel, you may have trouble opening and will need to convert. It will tell you. DAMN Microsoft keeps coming out with new formats.

Nice little spreadsheet. Suggestion to author.

1 - Eliminate or consider shrinking the size of those empty lines at the top. 1,2,8,10 appear to have nothing in them.

2. After doing number 1, then LOCK the panes so that the column headings always show.

sorry - spent much of my life with spreadsheets and making them user friendly.

I got 2003 excel. i give up. it opened in excel, but wouldnt work. (I couldnt enter anything into the cells). who needs it. lol. i got a paper and pencil....

that's why my dad always said these computer things are a passing fad....lol....

Nice little spreadsheet. Suggestion to author.

1 - Eliminate or consider shrinking the size of those empty lines at the top. 1,2,8,10 appear to have nothing in them.

2. After doing number 1, then LOCK the panes so that the column headings always show.

sorry - spent much of my life with spreadsheets and making them user friendly.

It doesn't look like that when I made it in excel. It's the way google changes the formatting. Everything you said is the way I have it in excel.

If there was a way to just give everyone the file I would.

Edited by poolboyclay

This question has probably been asked and answered many times but can not find it on here.

If a certain liquor is included in the classic alcohol package (Tangueray/Beefeters Gin, Stolys vodka) how does the plan work if you want a Gin or vodka martini? Usually martinis run at least $10.00. Would that not be covered?

I am figuring I will need the premium alcohol package but thought I would ask first.

Thanks