Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

I was told by the Celebrity rep that if you didn't purchase it the first day and decided on say day 3 they would charge you the price from day 1. Is this correct?

Thanka

Not true. You can buy it any day of the cruise, and only pay for the days left; however, I believe if you try to buy it on the last day they will say no. Just don't try to buy it for a day here, and a day there. Once you decide to purchase it you must pay for all remaining days of the cruise.

I was told by the Celebrity rep that if you didn't purchase it the first day and decided on say day 3 they would charge you the price from day 1. Is this correct?

Thanka

No, by all accounts he/she's wrong and they should be retrained or reassigned to some job where they can't be giving out misinformation.

I am sailing in 6 days and I am not sure of which non alcohol package to get. I drink Cafe Latte's... no booze no extra anything. Will a basic non alcoholic package suffice? Please advise asap as I leave.... DAY AFTER TOMORROW... I HAVE WAITED A long time to say that! Yippee!

Thanks in advance!

Okay, it's my turn to ask the silly question of the day.

When did Celebrity start charging for tea? I looked at the spreadsheet (Kudos for posting that!) and was shocked to see $4.00 and $6.00 as the price listed on the teas. Isn't it a free choice at the end of the meal? I started reading this thread to find out if there was an advantage to buying the soda card before the cruise starts. I'm still not sure of that answer.

NOT a silly question at all! Just some fall out from a somewhat convoluted program ; -)

There are two levels of beverage package, Classic and Premium.

There are ALSO the beverages that are included in the basic all inclusive food service. There will be, in the dining room and at the other restaurants; coffee, tea, juice, punch, milk, iced tea, lemonade, and prolly a few other things I can't remember right now ; -)

There will also be, for package customers, barrista coffee drinks, such as cappuccino and latte and espresso, and tea that is higher grade than what is offered in the dining rooms. Cova Cafe seems to be the central resource for these package beverages, just like there will be juice in the dining room and buffet but there are fruit smoothies and fresh squeezed juices available to package customers.

If you care about having the high end options then considering a package might be worth it. They aren't JUST for booze!

If you want an occasional special beverage you can just pay for the individual treat, rather than taking a package.

Edited by sarafinadh

Wow! What a list!

I just wanted to add that Coke Zero is also offered on the soda plan, and sodas can now be in the can, not just fountain.

This is important to someone like my husband, who hates Diet Coke, but loves Coke Zero (go figure....)

You do not get a thermal cup anymore, just a hot canned drink poured over ice.......so be prepared to ask for more ice.

Thanks so much for all the info! It is much appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread but I have a question re: discounts/sales on drink packages.

I've booked on the Summit for November 2012. I already plan on purchasing the Premium package. I've seen on other threads where people have gotten a 10% discount on their drink package purchase. Is this something that is offered often? Are emails sent out announcing the sale or should I just keep checking the website to look for the info?

Thanks!

There will also be, for package customers, barrista coffee drinks, such as cappuccino and latte and espresso, and tea that is higher grade than what is offered in the dining rooms. Cova Cafe seems to be the central resource for these package beverages, just like there will be juice in the dining room and buffet but there are fruit smoothies and fresh squeezed juices available to package customers.

If you care about having the high end options then considering a package might be worth it. They aren't JUST for booze!

I am curious about the availability of the fresh squeezed OJ. When I was on Infinity this past fall the only place I ever saw it was at the brunch. Of course I wasn't really looking for it very hard as I didn't have a package then. Is it in the buffet? MDR? Also how about getting Mimosa's or Bloody Mary if you're having breakfast in the buffet or MDR?

Thanks so much for all the info! It is much appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread but I have a question re: discounts/sales on drink packages.

I've booked on the Summit for November 2012. I already plan on purchasing the Premium package. I've seen on other threads where people have gotten a 10% discount on their drink package purchase. Is this something that is offered often? Are emails sent out announcing the sale or should I just keep checking the website to look for the info?

Thanks!

I think it's only been offered once. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone with experience with a Solstice class ship or a 'solsticized' Millennium class ship know if the Premium or Classic beverage packages can be used in the CellarMasters with the wine tasting machines?

Not a deal breaker, but it may help me decide about purchasing a package on the newly refurbished Millie.

Les

I prefer sparkling water to still - is it available in the Classic non-alcoholic package?

Club Soda is included in the Classic Package. Evian, Perrier etc, which come with gaz, are in the Premium Package.

My daughters only drink Iced Tea, lemonade, juice and milk. Do I need a beverage plan for them?

No.

Can Premium or Classic beverage packages be used in the CellarMasters with the wine tasting machines?

No.

Edited by sarafinadh

Does anyone with experience with a Solstice class ship or a 'solsticized' Millennium class ship know if the Premium or Classic beverage packages can be used in the CellarMasters with the wine tasting machines?

Not a deal breaker, but it may help me decide about purchasing a package on the newly refurbished Millie.

Les

We're leaving on the Constellation on May 5 for a two week TA to Amsterdam and have the Classic alcohol beverage package booked. We'll check out the CellarMasters deal and let you know if it is included, or not.

We're leaving on the Constellation on May 5 for a two week TA to Amsterdam and have the Classic alcohol beverage package booked. We'll check out the CellarMasters deal and let you know if it is included, or not.

CellarMasters is NOT included in either the Classic or Premium package.

The wine machines are not part of the package. You have to purchase these separatly.

Good Sailing

Tom

I am curious about the availability of the fresh squeezed OJ. When I was on Infinity this past fall the only place I ever saw it was at the brunch. Of course I wasn't really looking for it very hard as I didn't have a package then. Is it in the buffet? MDR? Also how about getting Mimosa's or Bloody Mary if you're having breakfast in the buffet or MDR?

Anyone have any insight on this?

I am curious about the availability of the fresh squeezed OJ. When I was on Infinity this past fall the only place I ever saw it was at the brunch. Of course I wasn't really looking for it very hard as I didn't have a package then. Is it in the buffet? MDR? Also how about getting Mimosa's or Bloody Mary if you're having breakfast in the buffet or MDR? snip...

I found fresh squeezed OJ at the bar inside the Oceanview Cafe buffet area. And suites, CC and AQ can get it for breakfast.

I found the non-alcohol drinks way too sweet so my favorite was a splash of fr sq OJ and seltzer water in a tall glass of ice. Yum

I have cruised before, but never with a drink package. This may be a stupid question. Is there any non alcoholic drink not covered on the premium non alcoholic package? If anyone knows that be great! I would rather not be surprised. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
I have cruised before, but never with a drink package. This may be a stupid question. Is there any non alcoholic drink not covered on the premium non alcoholic package? If anyone knows that be great! I would rather not be surprised. Thank you.

Non-alcoholic beer (O'Douls etc. ) is NOT included in the premium non-alcoholic package.