Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

I read this on another thread. If both my husband and I have a drink package, can one of us take the two cards (i.e. if we are relaxing in our room) and go get two drinks or will they only allow one drink per person at a time even with two cards? This would be a great convenience.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the Wine Cellar's wine list that is on the drink package. I understand that there is a difference between the "bottles" by the glass that you pay for with the cards there and the straight by the glass that they have. I am hoping to see a wine list for the wine options that are part of the beverage packages.

Thank you,

Edited by JLS07

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the Wine Cellar's wine list that is on the drink package. I understand that there is a difference between the "bottles" by the glass that you pay for with the cards there and the straight by the glass that they. I am hoping to see a wine list for the wine options that are part of the beverage packages.

Thank you,

Hi JLS07,

See you are new here... so a BIG Welcome Aboard Cruise Critic and the CC CELEBRITY BOARD.

I have answered a good part of this Question in the other topic on Cellar Masters where you also posted.

Check that reply, and if you have further Questions let me know... and I will try my best to answer them for you.

Cheers!

Thank you for your information. I had looked through the MDR list already and was pretty impressed - especially for a cruise.

I just was wondering if there was a list like that floating around for the Cellar. I might try one here or there that is part of the pay as you go, but probably will stay within those offered through the package - I am paying for those anyway!!

If someone has a list of those that would be great.

Thank you for your information. I had looked through the MDR list already and was pretty impressed - especially for a cruise.

I just was wondering if there was a list like that floating around for the Cellar. I might try one here or there that is part of the pay as you go, but probably will stay within those offered through the package - I am paying for those anyway!!

If someone has a list of those that would be great.

Hi JLS07,

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

The MAIN LIST for the MDR is pretty much identical to "the book" found in Cellar Masters (they have a few more offerings, because they also have items that are found on the various Specialty Restaurant Wine Lists... ie Tuscan Grille features a long list of Italians... although many of them are also repeats from the bigger MDR list)

As for the Wines By the Glass in Cellar Masters, they change often... hence no list. There will be a list for the day... based on what is currently being featured.

So if there was a big event on France that day, the By the Glass offerings would be dominated by French Wines, along with some others from around the world (Sparkling, Champagne, various Whites, Red, Ice Wine, Ports, etc)... the Bartender in Cellar Masters also makes some cocktails...

We found that there was always plenty available for someone on "the package"... (we were Premium so up to $ 12)... although as memory serves me there was lots for Classic folks as well ($ 8 and under)

Clearer ?

Cellar Masters is very cozy... and they put out a few bits and pieces to nibble on (cheese, crackers, olives, etc)

A nice place for a late afternoon or before dinner drink.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I have read every post on this thread & the X website as well & I am not certain what the difference is between a "specialty" & a "premium" coffee. What is a latte considered? Are they covered under the non-alcohol $14/day package?

I have read every post on this thread & the X website as well & I am not certain what the difference is between a "specialty" & a "premium" coffee. What is a latte considered? Are they covered under the non-alcohol $14/day package?

Hi 3GIRLSMOM,

In the industry... a "Specialty Coffee" is the term for an alcohol drink that has booze in it... so something like an Irish Coffee (sugar rimmed glass, coffee, Irish Mist, and topped with Whipped Cream). These are covered under the Premium Alcohol Package (items up to $ 12 per pour / glass)

Premium Coffees and Teas are the "upscale" versions... so the Coffees are Espresso based (not instant coffee or mass-brewed versions)... so Americanos, Cappuccinos, Lattes.

They are covered under the Classic Non-Alcohol Package as well as both the Classic & Premium Alcohol Packages.

More detailed info can be found at the top of this topic, back in SARAFINADH's Post # 1...

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

thanks for your quick reply! but I am still a bit confused.

Back in post #1 it lists the Classic $14 non-alcohol package as including:

"Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water" (cut & pasted from post)

& the Premium $18 non-alcohol package as including:

"Premium Bottled Water from Evian, ..., Specialty Coffees and Teas"

There couldn't be Irish coffee booze in a "non alcohol" package....yet they call it "specialty coffee".

My basic question is, can I get a latte with either package? As elite I know I can get one in the morning in Michael's club, but I like one after dinner in the dining room as well.

thank you for trying to clarify this for me, I appreciate it!

thanks for your quick reply! but I am still a bit confused.

Back in post #1 it lists the Classic $14 non-alcohol package as including:

"Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water" (cut & pasted from post)

& the Premium $18 non-alcohol package as including:

"Premium Bottled Water from Evian, ..., Specialty Coffees and Teas"

There couldn't be Irish coffee booze in a "non alcohol" package....yet they call it "specialty coffee".

My basic question is, can I get a latte with either package? As elite I know I can get one in the morning in Michael's club, but I like one after dinner in the dining room as well.

thank you for trying to clarify this for me, I appreciate it!

HI 3GIRLSMOM,

My Reply # 109 above is correct.

I looked at SARAFINADH's reply # 1 at the top of this topic, she has cut & pasted the info basically off of Celebrity's Website (notorious for providing not exactly the most accurate info :mad: )... They have indeed confused things by muddling the terms Specialty & Premium on their website when it comes to the Coffees :rolleyes:

You will be able to get Premium Teas and Coffees (such as a Latte) under either the Classic or Premium Non-Alcohol Packages... as well under both the Classic & Premium Alcohol Packages.

When it comes to the Non-Alcohol Packages... Premium Bottled Waters however (such as Evian, San Peligrino etc) are only available in the Premium Package... classic will only cover regular bottled waters (such as Dasani, Nestle etc or whatever "local" brand that ship has aboard)

Premium Coffees are available in both Dining Rooms (MDR & Blu) as well as all the Specialty Restaurants... just ask your Assistant Waiter, they can arrange it for you.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We had the Premium non alcoholic package and drank loads of lattes in Cafe Bacio, we were in Blu and fresh orange juice, sparkling water and latte's were no problem, after day one the waiters served them without asking. We have found the packages excellent value for money.

Richard

I think our minds are almost made up. We like our wine, the odd beer or G&T so the Premium alcoholic package is looking good for us and the Premium non alcoholic package for our teen. I like the idea of not having to think too much about what I can and can't have either.

Just wondering how much a G&T usually in on board?

Great thread. Thanks for putting this together :)

My wife and I have used the Premium Package, we will not do it again but rather downgrade to the Classic package, sometimes it just felt like you were trying to get your monies worth. My wife found it difficult on some days - ecspecially the days in port where you were off the boat for 9 hours. I however, certianly made up for where my wife didn't. After bottled water, premium and specialty coffees and the a few drinks with lunch and dinner it only took a cocktail or two in the afternoon and with the theatre show to get to $54 / day.

Thanks for the great list Sara, well done.

Mic:D

Sloop-JohnB- Got It!! thanks so much. Celebrity's confusing terms made it difficult to understand. I appreciate you taking the time & effort to explain it to me.

TO 3GIRLSMOM,

It is really WAAAAY complicated in print... thank goodness it is soooo easy once aboard.

And if you are ever uncertain, you can always ask "Is this covered in the ___ Package"... OR... as we found in the MDR "I'd like some wine with dinner, we are on the ___ Package"... Celebrity's Staff are really familiar with how it all works... and Sommeliers for example can help you make selections that "fit" if you want wine

So it comes down to figuring out ahead of time which is the right "fit" for you based on your preferences and consumption... Alcohol or Non-Alcohol... Classic or Preimium. If you've done the math, then you'll probably be quite happy with your choice.

We most certainly did our research beforehand (lol back when there wasn't as many of these detailed posts on this Board... part of the reason I brought home so much 2012 pricing info .. and don't mind helping others sort this thru)... In our case, we came out ahead... LOVED the Premium Package as we are BIG Wine Drinkers... but also enjoy a Cocktail now and then... and of course we also got our fill of Premium Coffees & Teas, Bottled Water etc (you'll be surprised how much you drink on vacation when out in the heat).

But by far the beauty was in the ease of use... no hassles, no chits to sign etc. And no constant wondering... "How much is our Bar Bill / Ship Account going to be when we leave"

There is something of value in that alone.

Enjoy... have a great cruise.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I think our minds are almost made up. We like our wine, the odd beer or G&T so the Premium alcoholic package is looking good for us and the Premium non alcoholic package for our teen. I like the idea of not having to think too much about what I can and can't have either.

Just wondering how much a G&T usually in on board?

Great thread. Thanks for putting this together :)

HI GOLF GAL (cute User Name)

Regular Cocktails (G&T, Screwdrivers, Rum & Coke etc) don't appear on any Celebrity Menus that I've seen... (so we don't have exact pricing for them)... BUT they are certainly available... I myself had a Bloody Caesar one day in the Oceanview Bar (think it was listed at $ 6)

I'd guesstimate that they are in the $ 6 to $ 8 range... as the Passport Bar lists a Raspberry Rickey at $ 6.50 and a Margarita Sunrise at $ 7

So would most likely work with the Classic Alcoholic Package (unless of course you were picky about the Gin... and wanted one of the Premium Brands... for more info on Branding, see Celebrity's Website, and the Beverage Package Descriptions therein)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

TO 3GIRLSMOM,

But by far the beauty was in the ease of use... no hassles, no chits to sign etc. And no constant wondering... "How much is our Bar Bill / Ship Account going to be when we leave"

There is something of value in that alone.

Enjoy... have a great cruise.

Cheers!

Just looked out our last OBA statement - its surprising how it all adds up! ;)

Hi 3GIRLSMOM,

In the industry... a "Specialty Coffee" is the term for an alcohol drink that has booze in it... so something like an Irish Coffee (sugar rimmed glass, coffee, Irish Mist, and topped with Whipped Cream). These are covered under the Premium Alcohol Package (items up to $ 12 per pour / glass)

Premium Coffees and Teas are the "upscale" versions... so the Coffees are Espresso based (not instant coffee or mass-brewed versions)... so Americanos, Cappuccinos, Lattes.

They are covered under the Classic Non-Alcohol Package as well as both the Classic & Premium Alcohol Packages.

More detailed info can be found at the top of this topic, back in SARAFINADH's Post # 1...

Cheers!

Color me still confused. The Classic NA Package includes "Premium Coffees", and the Premium NA Package includes "Specialty Coffees". All the coffees in Post 1 are listed as "Specialty Coffees", including latte. I had the Classic package on our last cruise, and I had many, many lattes.

I think they need to get their terms straight. And on my next cruise, a wintertime TA, I will definitely check to see if I can have Irish Coffees as part of the Premium Non-Alcoholic package; that would be sweet!

Color me still confused. The Classic NA Package includes "Premium Coffees", and the Premium NA Package includes "Specialty Coffees". All the coffees in Post 1 are listed as "Specialty Coffees", including latte. I had the Classic package on our last cruise, and I had many, many lattes.

I think they need to get their terms straight. And on my next cruise, a wintertime TA, I will definitely check to see if I can have Irish Coffees as part of the Premium Non-Alcoholic package; that would be sweet!

HI GRBLIZZ,

Lol, ya that would be sweet.

As has been said (at nauseum), Celebrity and their website are quite a challenge at times.

Thank goodness the folks aboard have a clue what is what.

Trust me, you have no idea how much time and effort SARAFINADH and I have put into getting this together for 2012 in some sort of understandable fashion so you all can benefit !!

Lots of changes since the last STICKY was written in 2010.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I think a G&T with premium liquor is $8 or maybe even $9. It was one of the things I considered as I knew I would order all my vodka drinks with Grey Goose. I saw somewhere that cocktails made with premium liquors were this much.

Another thing to consider is the 15% added gratuity. When I pointed out to DH that my beloved cosmos would not be $10 but really $11.50, he was on board with buying me a package!

HI GRBLIZZ,

Lol, ya that would be sweet.

As has been said (at nauseum), Celebrity and their website are quite a challenge at times.

Thank goodness the folks aboard have a clue what is what.

Cheers!

Sorry, Sloop John, I am still dense I guess. Is there any difference between the Coffee offerings in the Classic and Premium NA package? Or is the Premium upcharge for other things like smoothies?

I think a G&T with premium liquor is $8 or maybe even $9. It was one of the things I considered as I knew I would order all my vodka drinks with Grey Goose. I saw somewhere that cocktails made with premium liquors were this much.

Another thing to consider is the 15% added gratuity. When I pointed out to DH that my beloved cosmos would not be $10 but really $11.50, he was on board with buying me a package!

Drinks with premium alcohol are most certainly more than regular alcohol...

As to the 15% Tip issue... sorry I don't understand your comment, you pay the 15% Tip no matter what... be it by the drink, or by the package.

The cost savings are found in HOW MUCH you drink (is your net price daily going to be more than $ 44 Classic per day, or $ 54 Premium per day)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We had the Premium non alcoholic package and drank loads of lattes in Cafe Bacio, we were in Blu and fresh orange juice, sparkling water and latte's were no problem, after day one the waiters served them without asking. We have found the packages excellent value for money.

Richard

Thanks for the input Richard, I like to sleep late but not on a cruise lol

-KD

Thanks gymjudge55. Yes I know what you mean :)

SloopJohn I think the point is that without the package you're paying 15% on each drink rather than just on the cost of the package. As you said earlier at least you have an idea of what your OBA's going to be ;)