Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

So what is generally the last day on the ship to purchase a drink package?
You can purchase the drink package for the last 2 days of the cruise, but not for just the one last day.

I agree....and hear ya go

happy0147.gif or happy0100.gif or happy0064.gifor happy0065.gif

dave anim_64.gif

Thanks!

How does the 15% gratuity included in the price of the package make it to the bartender serving you? I wouldn't want to stiff the person making our drinks but at the same time I don't want to pay 15% twice...:confused: Are the bartenders expecting you to fill out the slip with a tip?

I'm sure I've missed this somewhere, but what about the specialty beers? With the premium package do you get beers up to $12 or is there a lower cutoff for them?

Thanks for anyone with the answer

I'm sure I've missed this somewhere, but what about the specialty beers? With the premium package do you get beers up to $12 or is there a lower cutoff for them?

Thanks for anyone with the answer

Celebrity's website says you can enjoy their entire selection of beer, wine and spirits up to $12 per serving.

Thanks for all the info.

Looking at the price list, I see you can buy the "taste of the vineyards" "classic" wine package and get 7 bottles for $251.85. That is $36 per bottle.

There are 18 different bottles one can choose from on this package. It looks like only 1 of those 18 bottles would cost more than $36 if bought individually...the other 17 bottles range in price $24-$35. So if I am reading this correctly, if one doesn't intend to order the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, you would actually lose money by purchasing this package. I guess that helps my decision!

(oops, just read posted just above me making same point...)

I didn't really see an answer to this. Is the wine package just a convenience that doesn't save money?

Edited by RTPGiants

How does the 15% gratuity included in the price of the package make it to the bartender serving you? I wouldn't want to stiff the person making our drinks but at the same time I don't want to pay 15% twice...:confused: Are the bartenders expecting you to fill out the slip with a tip?

Onboard Celebrity Cenntury now with premium alcohol package. No slips to sign, they take card and enter number from folio, give it back. I gave a mid trip extra cash tip to the 4 bartenders I use most-at Cova Cafe, Martini bar, wine guy at dinner, pool bar, and will do again near end of trip.

15% is split among all bar staff I believe.

Got a copy of my bill as of today, and all transactions are listed, but with zero as cost, but date and time are listed. I am keeping a list each day, and will add it up when I get back

Just got off Solstice yesterday morning and not very pleased with drink package. We had the Classic package and had consistant problems.

First time beverage pkg. - on Celebrity Solstice 3/25.

I am a wine drinker and found that the Cabernet Souv. and Merlot were both undrinkable on this ship. I am not a wine snob by any means but these were the worst wines I have ever had. If you have ever opened a bottle of red wine, and left it uncorked for several weeks, you knopw the "skanky" taste; worse than vinegar. On the 2nd day I complained to bartender and he got his manager who said there was nothing they could do. I asked to pay an additional $.50 a glass to get Pinot Noir and they said No, our package only allowed up to $8 a glass . You can not pay extra with the Classic package, but if we upgraded to Premium pkg, we could pay extra if we wanted.

Finally went to guest relations who told us there was nothing they could do. Sorry.

Then went to CellerMaster who said they were getting complaints so he would fix the computer to allow us to get Pinot Noir on our package.

At most bars they had no knowledge and wouldn't allow us to get it. However, in Dining Room, wine steward told us he had been advised to provide Pinot Noir for us; no further problem there. At Lawn Club bar no problem getting it.

Asked bartender at Martini Bar if I could get and he said no but got his Supervisor who told me that it was impossible to for me to get Pinot on ship in my package. He said the person (Cellermaster) had no authority to allow me to get this but we continued to get the better wine at many places but were rejected at many others.

So the main idea is that if your package has really bad wine you may be stuck with it the entire cruise and you can not upgrade by paying extra.

Another quirk is that when you get bottled water with this package when you ask for it you will get a quart+ bottle. This was very heavy to carry around. They have a much smaller Evian bottle but since this is listed as a premium water you can only get it with the premium package. This is in spite of the smaller Evian costing less than the generic larger bottle. Odd?

But the food (when they got your order right) and cruise was excellent.

Quality has certainly deteriorated since my last Celebrity cruise 2 years ago.

Edited by impala1ss

I would think if the wines were not that great you could have upgraded to the Premium Package for just $10 more a day. This would allow you better wines if that is what you drink. I am really fussy about good wine and about good vodka so I got the premium package. I looked at the wines under $8 and they just were not that great.

Just got off Solstice yesterday morning and not very pleased with drink package. We had the Classic package and had consistant problems.

I am a wine drinker and found that the Cabernet Souv. and Merlot were both undrinkable on this ship. I am not a wine snob by any means but these were the worst wines I have ever had. If you have ever opened a bottle of red wine, and left it uncorked for several weeks, you knopw the "skanky" taste; worse than vinegar. On the 2nd day I complained to bartender and he got his manager who said there was nothing they could do. I asked to pay an additional $.50 a glass to get Pinot Noir and they said No, our package only allowed up to $8 a glass . You can not pay extra with the Classic package, but if we upgraded to Premium pkg, we could pay extra if we wanted.

Finally went to guest relations who told us there was nothing they could do. Sorry.

Then went to CellerMaster who said they were getting complaints so he would fix the computer to allow us to get Pinot Noir on our package.

At most bars they had no knowledge and wouldn't allow us to get it. However, in Dining Room, wine steward told us he had been advised to provide Pinot Noir for us; no further problem there. At Lawn Club bar no problem getting it.

Asked bartender at Martini Bar if I could get and he said no but got his Supervisor who told me that it was impossible to for me to get Pinot on ship in my package. He said the person (Cellermaster) had no authority to allow me to get this but we continued to get the better wine at many places but were rejected at many others.

So the main idea is that if your package has really bad wine you may be stuck with it the entire cruise and you can not upgrade by paying extra.

Another quirk is that when you get bottled water with this package when you ask for it you will get a quart+ bottle. This was very heavy to carry around. They have a much smaller Evian bottle but since this is listed as a premium water you can only get it with the premium package. This is in spite of the smaller Evian costing less than the generic larger bottle. Odd?

Your not stuck with it. You could have purchased the premium package on board and then ordered any wine upt to $12.00. What they did was break the rules for you....and still you are not happy?

You also could have cancelled the beverage package and paid for each drink individually.

It is very clear all over these boards as a Classic Package person you were not entitled to anything over the $8.00 mark.. The fact that they "fixed the computer" so you could get the pinot noir simply means that you convinced them to break the rules for you....the fact that every bartender on board wasn't aware seems so trivial.

As for the water, you know darn well there is a smaller bottle available for the Classic package....... ITS JUST NOT EVIAN. You are not forced to take a quart it is a choice of a little 16 ounce bottle or a quart.

You obviously wanted the smaller Evian bottle and thought you could badger your way into getting them to break the rules for you, as they did with the pinot noir by arguing a small Evian is cheaper than a large less popular brand of water. It is not about it being "too heavy".....

You can order a small size or a large size less popular brand......

If you don't like it order the Premium Package and then you can order anything you want...or upgrade for the difference over $12.00.

Your not stuck with it. You could have purchased the premium package on board and then ordered any wine upt to $12.00. What they did was break the rules for you....and still you are not happy?

You also could have cancelled the beverage package and paid for each drink individually.

It is very clear all over these boards as a Classic Package person you were not entitled to anything over the $8.00 mark.. The fact that they "fixed the computer" so you could get the pinot noir simply means that you convinced them to break the rules for you....the fact that every bartender on board wasn't aware seems so trivial.

As for the water, you know darn well there is a smaller bottle available for the Classic package....... ITS JUST NOT EVIAN. You are not forced to take a quart it is a choice of a little 16 ounce bottle or a quart.

You obviously wanted the smaller Evian bottle and thought you could badger your way into getting them to break the rules for you, as they did with the pinot noir by arguing a small Evian is cheaper than a large less popular brand of water. It is not about it being "too heavy".....

You can order a small size or a large size less popular brand......

If you don't like it order the Premium Package and then you can order anything you want...or upgrade for the difference over $12.00.

Gotta agree Cheryl. Sounds like they went above and beyond to try and please them.

I actually prefer Celebrity's brand of water on the ship. The bright blue bottles (forgot the brand name)

Gotta agree Cheryl. Sounds like they went above and beyond to try and please them.

I actually prefer Celebrity's brand of water on the ship. The bright blue bottles (forgot the brand name)

I actually can't stand Evian......and the blue bottles on Summit are great. Depending on where the originating port is the water is different...on Infinity it was something a little different...but it is all fine......... And we all know the non-premium is available in both sizes.........

I would think if the wines were not that great you could have upgraded to the Premium Package for just $10 more a day. This would allow you better wines if that is what you drink. I am really fussy about good wine and about good vodka so I got the premium package. I looked at the wines under $8 and they just were not that great.

I am NOT fussy about wine but this was undrinkable as you would find trying to drink a glass of vinegar.

Hello all

We are due to sail first time on Eclipse in September. I quite liked the lava flows we had on the Independence of the seas...does anyone know if something similar is included in the classic alcohol package ?

Thanks

Debbie (getting very excited):D

Hello all

We are due to sail first time on Eclipse in September. I quite liked the lava flows we had on the Independence of the seas...does anyone know if something similar is included in the classic alcohol package ?

Thanks

Debbie (getting very excited):D

Yup- last time we were onboard, Pina coladas and other frozen type drinks - of which lava flow is one - were around $6.50 -$7.50 - so covered under the Classic package. Keep in mind - if you want it made with better liquor than house brand, then it will be more expensive - and you can't pay the difference on the Classic package. But in a blended drink - who cares?

As for other drinks - rum & coke, etc. mostly all fell under the classic, unless you were wanting premium brands. The different brands included in each are listed on their website.

We always end up with the premium as my hubby is a huge Campari and Grand Marnier drinker - only included on the premium. And I am a martini girl - and water by the liters! So, for us, the premium packages make complete sense.

If you are not into the higher end liquors or drinks, etc. then the Classic is a good comprimise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the heads up about the wine in case people don't look at the wine list before they purchase a beverage package. However as other people have stated the restrictions/limits are clearly stated for all drink packages and you were asking Celebrity to break the rules. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make by posting how upset you are that there was not consistent rule breaking for you. And since you are upset about other people making assumtions, you should know that you are making one yourself by assuming a larger generic water costs more the a small Evian just based on size. There are a lot of factors that determine the price of a product: size, quality, vendor discounts, quantity discounts, branding, production costs etc.

impala1ss, interesting post about the beverage packages.

You have an obligation to follow the rules of your drink package, but Celebrity has an obligation not to pull a bait and switch--take your money that you paid for beverages and then serve you a clearly DEFECTIVE product, which many others were also complaining about.

Does seem kinda quirky that you couldn't get smaller bottles of Evian. But then again, smaller bottles of Evian are probably more expensive per unit volume.

Excellent.....thank you so much for replying

:D

Yup- last time we were onboard, Pina coladas and other frozen type drinks - of which lava flow is one - were around $6.50 -$7.50 - so covered under the Classic package. Keep in mind - if you want it made with better liquor than house brand, then it will be more expensive - and you can't pay the difference on the Classic package. But in a blended drink - who cares?

As for other drinks - rum & coke, etc. mostly all fell under the classic, unless you were wanting premium brands. The different brands included in each are listed on their website.

We always end up with the premium as my hubby is a huge Campari and Grand Marnier drinker - only included on the premium. And I am a martini girl - and water by the liters! So, for us, the premium packages make complete sense.

If you are not into the higher end liquors or drinks, etc. then the Classic is a good comprimise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Well cool, I'm glad having it in one place is helpful, but please can anyone say if I have described the policy correctly?

The other thing that is pretty helpful and cool in deciding this stuff is the excel spreadsheet that calculates your projected usage and tells you how much you might spend based on how you fill out the form.

It's here; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDB3dlRCdkk5MFJ6RFYycUM4T2Vocnc&hl=en#gid=0

To use it you need to download it and open SCREEN 1.

; -D

You OFFICIALLY Rock! Thank you for posting the info and the spreadsheet.

Sincerely,

A Data Monkey

You are welcome. I was a bit flummoxed by it at first as well! My husband the IT guy showed me how to make it work, happy to pass on the favour. It's the person who made the spreadsheet who deserves the big kudos!

And I just LOVE it when I OFFICIALLY rock ; -)

Edited by sarafinadh