Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

I know it says that they have Vitamin Water on board. Does anyone know if this includes Vitamin Water Zero (the sugar free kind)? I drink lots of it and it would make the beverage package worth it for me.

Thanks-

Joan

Yes...they had sugar free on solstice when i was on board...in the spa

Wonderful information in this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

My question is this: Are premium teas available in places other than Cafe Baccio. For example, in the MDR, AquaSpa Cafe or Buffet could I get them. I am truly a tea and water drinker and I would love to be able to get a nice tea several times a day but not have to go all the way to the Cafe each time (and especially to take one into breakfast!).

I am also trying to figure out how I will work my daily habit of drinking a bottle of water while my tea brews. I wake up thirsty for water and also want my tea. It is my understanding that only one beverage can be ordered at a time. Could I order the water, sit down in the Cafe and drink half of it and then order the tea? Or must I finish one before obtaining the other?

Thank you to anyone who knows!

Hi cpl100

I can answer most of those questions for you.

Firstly, we often ordered bottled water (Evian) with our drinks and never had an issue. I may go to a bar and order a Bookers bourbon and a bottle of water. Not sure on the rules but at no time was there an issue when water was involved.

Secondly, We don't drink tea but love our coffees so i am assuming its the same deal. Upstairs in the buffet we could not get a real coffee. Only the instant stuff and urn stuff. In the MDR they served the same urn/instant coffee BUT when we asked for a Cappuccino, Latte or specialty we handed our cards to them and quickly received our specialty coffees. Our friends who drank a green ginger (i think) tea got theirs when asked.

Room service imho is garbage. With our entire group everyone hated it. it was cold and just terrible. We ordered our specialty coffees but they certainly didn't taste like them.

Aqua spa had limited options. I know that cappa and latte was ok but friends who were tea drinkers and more exotic coffee could not order from the Aqua spa.

Also be warned, our boat "Solstice" ran out of tea on the 9th day of a 12 day cruise. I do not know why this occurred. Out of about 15 teas they only had about 3 left. I know from my friends that they ran out of earl grey, english breakfast and ginger tea.

But to sum up your main question, i found that the rule is you can only order one drink at a time, not drink one at a time. We often ordered a second latte before we finished our first. And yes we would order water all the time with all drinks, not separate or later.

This was last week, 4th Jan to 16th.

Sej

Sej, that is most helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it for me. I do appreciate it. Have a wonderful day!

(That is most disappointing about the tea! There is no reason to run out of something that is not perishable, takes little storage room and stores virtually forever, IMHO.) But we tea drinkers often get the shaft when compared to coffee drinkers. I bet they never run out of coffee; if they did the ship would be full of grumpy people in need of their caffeine.....

Edited by cpl100

I just purchased a cruise that includes the Classic Beverage package for two.

would i be able to upgrade one of those to premium once i get on board?

thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. We purchased a cruise and one of the "bonus inclusions" is the classic beverage package. I'd love to know if I can get the premium by paying the roughly $10 extra once onboard (or even before hand).

I'm wondering the same thing. We purchased a cruise and one of the "bonus inclusions" is the classic beverage package. I'd love to know if I can get the premium by paying the roughly $10 extra once onboard (or even before hand).

You can call Celebrity to upgrade to the Premium Package before you board, if you like.

Sej, that is most helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it for me. I do appreciate it. Have a wonderful day!

(That is most disappointing about the tea! There is no reason to run out of something that is not perishable, takes little storage room and stores virtually forever, IMHO.) But we tea drinkers often get the shaft when compared to coffee drinkers. I bet they never run out of coffee; if they did the ship would be full of grumpy people in need of their caffeine.....

HaHa, no they did not run out of coffee or else i would have written this in all caps. :)

Sej

Those asking about the 123Go promo and classic to premium beverage package upgrades, I found this in the fine print:

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving; all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, and teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity's Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Jan. 27, 2013, for Feb. 2013 sailings, or by Feb. 18, 2013, for all other sailings.

Hi Sarah. Can you please tell me if Tonic water is included in the Classic and Premium Non Alcohol packages. Its not clear.

Do you think it is worth getting the Premium Non Alcohol compared to the classic just for the named water and Coffee items.

Is it cheaper to purchase on the first day of Cruise in Dollars compared to Stg before we go, as from UK.

jackdec

I tried to read the whole thread sorry if I missed this. Does anyone have a sense of the cost of frozen drinks like a piña colada, margarita or mudslide? Would they be included in the classic package? How about mixed drinks like cosmos, apple Martinez, mojitos?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to read the whole thread sorry if I missed this. Does anyone have a sense of the cost of frozen drinks like a piña colada, margarita or mudslide? Would they be included in the classic package? How about mixed drinks like cosmos, apple Martinez, mojitos?

Thanks in advance.

I can help here. My wife and daughter had a number of the drinks you mentioned and it depends on which particular one depends on how much is COVERED by the packages. Most the frozen alcoholic drinks, and i know margarita an pina's for sure are covered under their cocktail banner and are not covered in the classic (friends drinking with us and ordering with us got billed the full price) but are covered in the premium. Mojitos and apple martiniz were both $9 i believe so they too would not be covered.

I personally would never by the classic package. We considered it before this recent cruise but our friends who did choose the classic ended up with bills close to the price of the premium anyways and they were being fairly careful when ordering.

Sej

I can help here. My wife and daughter had a number of the drinks you mentioned and it depends on which particular one depends on how much is COVERED by the packages. Most the frozen alcoholic drinks, and i know margarita an pina's for sure are covered under their cocktail banner and are not covered in the classic (friends drinking with us and ordering with us got billed the full price) but are covered in the premium. Mojitos and apple martiniz were both $9 i believe so they too would not be covered.

I personally would never by the classic package. We considered it before this recent cruise but our friends who did choose the classic ended up with bills close to the price of the premium anyways and they were being fairly careful when ordering.

Sej

Interesting....as i have used the classic non alcoholic package to get virgin pina coladas and other frozen drinks with no problems.

Thanks in advance.

We had the Classic pkg on our Eclipse cruise (Jan 12-26) and every frozen drink I asked for was covered, including the pina coladas, daiquiris, mudslides, etc. I even got martinis at the Martini bar. If they were over the $8 limit, the bartender just made a smaller one and if I wanted another one, no problem. We had some nice wines at dinner that were $8 or under. My husband likes Capt Morgan and coke and this was covered as well. I even had a Miami Vice made for me. Hope this helps!

I just got done skimming the whole thread... sorry if there is somewhere better to ask these questions, I'm kind of new here! :)

1. The fine print of the 123Go package says, "Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving; all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, and teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines)."

Does that mean up to and including $8? Or just up to? (I feel dumb just for having to ask that!)

2. Then as to the gratuities... If I got the 123Go package (so it's "free") I am still not understanding what that line from the fine print about gratuities means - What will I see on my bill for all the drinks I've ordered? $0.00? Or 15% of every drink? (Does "included" mean, "You're going to pay on top for it cuz it's included," or "You don't have to think about it cuz it's included."?)

3. I think I just read that the beverage packages are NOT included in room service? So if you have a drink sent to your room you pay full price for it? Or do they just not deliver drinks to rooms?

TIA! :)

Red-Rose.....if you're participating in the included Classic package, it will include all beers up to and and including 5.00, as well as all wines and alcohol up to and including 8.00. The gratuity is also included already. Room service alcoholic beverages, as well as the automatic wine vending machines are NOT included in the package.

You have the option to upgrade to the Premium package for an additional 10.00 plus 1.50 gratuity per day, for a total of 11.50. This can be done ahead of time so it will be embedded on your card or it can done once you're on board and a sticker will be added to your card.

Thank you to the OP who did all of the wonderful work of creating the 2012 list!

Does anyone know how much of it has changed for 2013? Did the prices go up and change what is included in the Classic Package that is being promoted now? Has the wine list changed significantly?

Essentially, is it still pretty accurate...or outdated for cruises this year?

Thank you to anyone who has any updated beverage information!

Does anyone know how much of it has changed for 2013? Did the prices go up and change what is included in the Classic Package that is being promoted now?

Go back to post #1 and what is listed as being included in the Classic package then still stands the same today. If you wish to upgrade to the Premium package, it will cost an additional 11.50 pp per day and you can upgrade ahead of time so it will be embedded on your card, or if you wait until you board, it will be an added sticker. If you wait, it can then use some some OBC that you may have.

Sej

Sorry but this is very poor advice.:confused: We have had the classic Alcohol package in the past and we had many martinis/cocktails/etc/etc/included and we never had an extra bill to pay!! The only difference is that you may need to order a smaller sized martini etc BUT there is no limit on the (consecutive) amount of these that you choose to order.

Just do your homework and know the ground rules before you start ordering then you will never end up with more bills!!:rolleyes: Unless you are a massive boozer who needs large sizes every time you will find the CLASSIC package very good. Remember there is no limit on the amount you can order. Plus I am mainly a wine drinker who knows a good glass when I get one and I managed to find very good offerings on the classic list if somewhat limited.:)

Sorry but this is very poor advice.:confused: We have had the classic Alcohol package in the past and we had many martinis/cocktails/etc/etc/included and we never had an extra bill to pay!! The only difference is that you may need to order a smaller sized martini etc BUT there is no limit on the (consecutive) amount of these that you choose to order.

Just do your homework and know the ground rules before you start ordering then you will never end up with more bills!!:rolleyes: Unless you are a massive boozer who needs large sizes every time you will find the CLASSIC package very good. Remember there is no limit on the amount you can order. Plus I am mainly a wine drinker who knows a good glass when I get one and I managed to find very good offerings on the classic list if somewhat limited.:)

Do you remember which wines (pref white ;)) were very good? If they make us both get the premium, I won't bother because it won't be worth the extra $23 a day. Thanks!