Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

thank you for all the useful information.

I am still unclear on one point though, if the price of your chosen drink is at the limit of the package you have selected, and then a 15% gratuity is added, are you then charged the entire price of the drink? Or are you only charged the gratuity?

The gratuity is pre-paid as a part of the package. This means that all you need to watch out for is the price of the drink (the gratuity does not play a factor).

SO, if you want a $5 beer, that's what you get - no additional money necessary!

This is good info to share. I have read on many threads that most expect to get the small martinis. Several posters are saying that they had no problem doing so, folks are getting their expectations set to get those small martinis.:o

I can only hypothesize that those cruisers that were lucky enough to obtain the small martini's were able to do so before the 123go promotion came into being. Now, with the influx of people taking advantage of the promotion, the number of people that have the Classic alcohol package is substantially ramped up and the bartenders at the Martini Bar are no longer making small martini's for the clientele that chose not to upgrade to the Premium package. There are still a plethora of options drink wise @ 8.00 and under, it's just that the only options for those Classic package patrons at the martini bar will be the basic vodka or gin version or cosmo with non-upgraded ingredients.

When you purchase the package, Celebrity collects the gratuities up-front. So, no additional gratuities are charged for a drink bought on the package so long as the drink price is less-than-or-equal-to the maximum price per drink that is stipulated in the package.

The gratuity is pre-paid as a part of the package. This means that all you need to watch out for is the price of the drink (the gratuity does not play a factor).

SO, if you want a $5 beer, that's what you get - no additional money necessary!

Thank you so much for the quick response :)

This is good info to share. I have read on many threads that most expect to get the small martinis. Several posters are saying that they had no problem doing so, folks are getting their expectations set to get those small martinis.:o

It may have to do with how busy they are.....our cruise the martini bar was very busy every night

I can only hypothesize that those cruisers that were lucky enough to obtain the small martini's were able to do so before the 123go promotion came into being. Now, with the influx of people taking advantage of the promotion, the number of people that have the Classic alcohol package is substantially ramped up and the bartenders at the Martini Bar are no longer making small martini's for the clientele that chose not to upgrade to the Premium package. There are still a plethora of options drink wise @ 8.00 and under, it's just that the only options for those Classic package patrons at the martini bar will be the basic vodka or gin version or cosmo with non-upgraded ingredients.

I think in the coming months we will find out if the promo did indeed change the pricing per drink. I am hoping people keep reporting their experiences and the current drink pricings and policies.

oh

and thanks for the info on the classic package

so if hubby drinks absolute and beringer wine - that is covered under the classic package

now me - i drink cosmos - so if I order the small ones in the martini bar I will be oK - maybe if I give a tip - the biger martini will be poured, LOL???

WOW! You have been busy! lol

Really gotta love it though!

I will be trying my first Premium Package on the Silhouette in two months ( April 10th Sailing) and have been paying attention to posts and the website for listed "beverages". Took advantage of 10% discount offer a couple weeks ago too.

Thanks for your compilation!

Dennis

We are sailing Silhouette April 7th.... are you sure you have sail date right?

What was the 10% discount offer? I didn't see that one. Is it still available?

I think in the coming months we will find out if the promo did indeed change the pricing per drink. I am hoping people keep reporting their experiences and the current drink pricings and policies.

We were on the Silhouete on Feb 3 & never saw anyone with small martini's we did take advantage of the 123 go & up graded to the premium. It was well worth the difference if you wanted martini's to drink. Our martini bar was extremely busy each night. The only time we saw a small martini being served was during the Elite hours & Captain's club functions.

Edited by If only

now me - i drink cosmos - so if I order the small ones in the martini bar I will be oK - maybe if I give a tip - the biger martini will be poured, LOL???

Since the 123go promo has started, it has not been reported and confirmed anywhere that the Martini Bar is still serving small martini's to satisfy the clientele that only have the Classic package. If you drink Cosmos, I believe that you can get a regular sized Cosmo with the non upgraded ingredients. So, instead of being made with Grey Goose and Cointreau, it'll be made with Absolute or Stoli and Grand Marnier.

Since the 123go promo has started, it has not been reported and confirmed anywhere that the Martini Bar is still serving small martini's to satisfy the clientele that only have the Classic package. If you drink Cosmos, I believe that you can get a regular sized Cosmo with the non upgraded ingredients. So, instead of being made with Grey Goose and Cointreau, it'll be made with Absolute or Stoli and Grand Marnier.

Wouldn't the high end one be made with Grand Marnier and the cheap version made with Cointreau? Certainly hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I'm sorry if this was answered - I read this entire thread as well as used the search feature for the board and can't understand the answer to this

I am looking at either the premium water package or premium with alcohol package. The first post in this thread lists Evian at 2.50 each which is the small bottle. I prefer to get a large bottle several times per day

Someone posted complaining because they only gave him the large bottle but that is different that post #1

Can anyone report if they've been on the Equinox - can I get the large bottle with the premium packages or do I have to go repeatedly to get the small ones?

Thanks in advance

OK - I'm sorry if this was answered - I read this entire thread as well as used the search feature for the board and can't understand the answer to this

I am looking at either the premium water package or premium with alcohol package. The first post in this thread lists Evian at 2.50 each which is the small bottle. I prefer to get a large bottle several times per day

Someone posted complaining because they only gave him the large bottle but that is different that post #1

Can anyone report if they've been on the Equinox - can I get the large bottle with the premium packages or do I have to go repeatedly to get the small ones?

Thanks in advance

When were on the Equinox, in June and Nov

It depended on what the bar had in stock, sometimes they had only small, sometimes large sometimes both

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question for anyone who recently has used the beverage package at the pool. (or anyother place, I guess) I recently read a review (on another board) that seemed to imply that bar staff "ignored" customers once they figured out they were using the package, and concentrated on those who paid-as-they-went- and/or tipped. Does anyone have an experience with this? I'd be more than happy to tip -- a little each drink if this gets better service-- the Package I'm on is part of the 1-2-3 and is Free.

We (two couples) just returned a couple of weeks ago from the Celebrity Summit and had purchased the premium drink package. We had no issues getting service at any bar. In fact, we spent a lot of time at the martini bar and the bar at the back of the ship on deck 10 and all the waiters there provided us excellent service! We had no issues whatsoever. Short of giving them physical cash (which we did not) there was no slip to sign and so no ability to add any additional tips.

Dear CruiseCritic hosts:

Please read post #1, and then read what we wrote in post #22, above -- more than one year ago.

We are very sad to see that you have not made a "sticky" of this extremely valuable thread. Perhaps you overlooked our plea?

But ... better late than never!

Thank you.

Just wanted to verify as we just 'snagged' the classic drink pkg for our Millennium sailing...drink/wine prices covered are $8 or less and Celebrity's wines are listed at $8.50 so they're NOT covered!:cool:

I believe you can still upgrade to the Premiun package for about $11 per person per day. This not only gives you a higher threshold ($12 on drinks/wine and $8 on beer) but also allows you to exceed the threshold and only pay the difference.

Ok, you connoisseurs of the hop/barley. I may have missed this, so many posts, so will ask the questions. Beers. I don't particularly enjoy 'Domestic' beers, other than perhaps Sam Adams (if it is in this category) I usually drink Becks, Stella or Heineken (European beers). Can I conclude that these beers would not be covered by the 'Classic' package? As for rum, I prefer a dark rum such as Meyers, Black seal etc....not the spiced variety that tends to be the 'house rum' on board. As for wine we do enjoy a nice red.....how extensive is the 'Classic' package in this regard? I get the feeling we may well be better off with the Premium package?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Macadian

Ok, you connoisseurs of the hop/barley. I may have missed this, so many posts, so will ask the questions. Beers. I don't particularly enjoy 'Domestic' beers, other than perhaps Sam Adams (if it is in this category) I usually drink Becks, Stella or Heineken (European beers). Can I conclude that these beers would not be covered by the 'Classic' package? As for rum, I prefer a dark rum such as Meyers, Black seal etc....not the spiced variety that tends to be the 'house rum' on board. As for wine we do enjoy a nice red.....how extensive is the 'Classic' package in this regard? I get the feeling we may well be better off with the Premium package?

Thanks in advance.

In general, with regards to imported beers that are at the 5 dollar level and thus still count under the classic package, you have about 10 to choose from. Amstel Light, Becks, Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Heineken Light, Leffe, Franziskanner, Red Stripe & Strongbow Cider. There are about 10 more including Stella that are on the main bar list. Some of the Michael's Pubs in the fleet have a more extensive craft beer list as well. If the list above is satisfactory to you and all you drink mixed drink wise is a basic rum & coke or absolute & tonic, then the classic package should be sufficient for you. But, on the other hand, if you like craft beers or high end martini's or if you're sailing on a S class ship that has a Molecular bar, then the Premium package is well worth the extra 11.50 per day. You also get the upgraded coffee and tea drinks, Red Bull, San Pellegrino, and Evian with the Premium package as well. You can always go with the Classic and then upgrade at any time into your cruise up to 3 days remaining.

Edited by SNJCruisers

Many thanks, your input is very much appreciated and has answered my queries perfectly. Seems the 'Classic' will suffice, at least to begin with, and as you point out, I can upgrade if required. Once we check out the wine list, we can make an informed decision! Thanks again!