Best Beach Bar in Aruba?

cruisefar

Wish I could help, but I don't remember where we were! There was a lovely bar on a short pier right on the beach....drinks were average priced, but it was a lovely afternoon! I know we were toward the n. end of Eagle Beach...there were hotels around, but we were just renting chairs/umbrella from a beach vendor.

Bugaloe is on the pier in front of the Radisson - good time there, but we were asked to pay 50 cents to use the restroom so just be prepared. Lots of the beach bars along Palm Beach have happy hour specials. Pelican Pier is near Holiday Inn, close walking distance to Moomba so you could check out both. The music is loud at Pelican Pier, and it feels like a continuous loop of FloRida and Black Eyed Peas type music.

And, all of the bars are close together. It is possible to walk from one end of Palm Beach to the other along the walkway, with no problem at all. If you don't like one place, try out another. :D I have to say one place that I rarely see mentioned is the bar at the Phoenix which is at the very very end of Palm Beach. The place is always empty and so is the beach, every time I've seen it.

Gilligan's has a half price happy hour daily from 4- 7 pm. :D Not on all drinks but most of the popular ones ;)

Ā 

Most all other bars have happy hour specials as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I cannot speak about the food at MoomBa, but I would rate the food at Gilligan's better than Bugaloe. Gilligan's though is not inexpensive.

Ā 

We eat lunch at Gillians quite often when staying at the Hyatt--hamburger or quesadilla--Be sure to check your bill--gratuity is included!!!!!

Ā 

Nancy:D

We eat lunch at Gillians quite often when staying at the Hyatt--hamburger or quesadilla--Be sure to check your bill--gratuity is included!!!!!

Ā 

Nancy:D

My dd and I love sharing the Shrimp Boat at Gilligans! :D The Caesar Salad is pretty good as well!

Ā 

http://www.gilligansaruba.com/menu-lunch.html

• 3 years later...

I did a Google search for beach bars in Aruba and found this OLD post! Any updates? So far it looks like Bugaloe and/or Pelican Pier Beach Bar may be our best bet but since this chat is from 2012 I was wondering if anything had changed!

Thanks, Lisa. When I Google these places they show as being on Palm - Eagle Beach & I know that is incorrect. I read that Eagle is the better beach so would our best plan be hanging out at Eagle for the afternoon then taking a taxi to Palm for happy hour & sunset? We're in port from 1 pm - 10:30.

Thanks, Lisa. When I Google these places they show as being on Palm - Eagle Beach & I know that is incorrect. I read that Eagle is the better beach so would our best plan be hanging out at Eagle for the afternoon then taking a taxi to Palm for happy hour & sunset? We're in port from 1 pm - 10:30.

Ā 

I wouldn't say that Eagle is a better beach. They are just different. Eagle is less crowded but has less options for finding chairs and shade, especially for someone arriving in the afternoon. Palm Beach is more crowded, but you have a much better chance of finding chairs and umbrellas. There is also much more to do in Palm Beach with bars, restaurants, water sports. Frankly, if I were arriving in the afternoon, I would go directly to Palm Beach. I stay on Eagle Beach each year and watch tons of cruisers walk up and down the beach, looking for a place to sit with shade. There aren't many options, and the few that they have fill up very quickly. Both beaches are very busy when the cruise ships are in port.

Ā 

Which ship are you on? Here's the deal. Aside from beach jumping from Eagle to Palm Beach, you have two doable options. Go to Eagle Beach, rent chairs at Amsterdam Manor and then get drinks at Passions Beach Bar right on the beach and watch the sunset or go to Moomba's on Palm Beach, rent chairs, have drinks, a bite to eat when you want to, more drinks and watch the sunset. As another post showed, you don't want to try to get into a cab with a wet bathing suit or even wearing a dry bathing suit for that matter. You can change in the bathrooms at Moomba's. If it's sailing that night based on your day and time in port, take the Jolly Pirate sunset cruise from around 5:30 to 7:30 and watch the sunset while on the ocean. Jolly Pirate's sales office is part of the Moomba's complex.

We will be on the Carnival Breeze & I think we're the only ship in port that day. I had read that water clarity was better at Eagle & that it was rated in the top 5 best beaches so that's where I've wanted to go. If it helps, I hate Orient Beach in St. Martin with all the loungers lined up on the entire beach. I'm glad I still have 9 months to figure this all out! šŸ˜ƒ

We will be on the Carnival Breeze & I think we're the only ship in port that day. I had read that water clarity was better at Eagle & that it was rated in the top 5 best beaches so that's where I've wanted to go. If it helps, I hate Orient Beach in St. Martin with all the loungers lined up on the entire beach. I'm glad I still have 9 months to figure this all out! šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

If you are set on Eagle beach, I recommend getting off of the ship as soon as you can and taking a taxi to Eagle. If you are the only ship in port you will definitely have a better chance of getting chairs and shade. Aruba is a big vacation destination, and a lot of people stay in houses and condos that aren't right on the beach, so they rent those also. If you don't mind sitting on your towels, you'll have no problem at all. There are tree areas that you can put your towel or a chair under if you can't get a palapa.