Price Drop on Southwest need help.

We are sailing on the Freedom in May. I noticied that there is a price drop in our air fare. I have heard a few different answers to this question.

We booked the "Early Bird Check In" when the flights were booked. If I change the flight not the times on the website to receive the price drop will my early bird check in follow me. The price drop is $38.00 and early bird is $40. So if it doesn't follow me I will actually be losing money.

Has anyone had any expierence with this?

Thanks.

If you're rebooking the same flight, just at the lower price, then Early Bird will remain on your reservation. I've done this many times.

If you're booking a different flight on the same day as the one you're replacing, then I think you also get to keep Early Bird. It remained for us the one time I've done that.

I believe that all changes must have the same departure and arrival endpoints. If you change those, then I think you lose the Early Bird.

We rebook all the time, just remember they have changed the rules for your credit. It now must be used within 1 year of your original booking date, NOT the date of the flight. :( Glad they let you do it no fees attached even if you rebook the same flight your on for the lower price but that credit has got to be used within a year, not booked within a year.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Ok, computer dummy, do you just go to the change flights and enter the information?

Thanks for the tip about from the date of purchase tip.

I booked this date in October of last year.

I too love Southwest....... love that bags fly free.... and I am not talking about this old bag....:D

Oh, did I mention how great CC is and people willing to share their knowledge?.....

Thanks!!

I wish ALL travel companies were as flexible as Southwest!

We were recently on a flight home from snow skiing and our flight was delayed. Because of the delay, we were going to miss our connection home.

Southwest rebooked us on a later flight - but was unable to accommodate our Early Bird booking I had paid. Once I got home, I got an email from them saying they had refunding that portion of the EBB.

Love!

Ann

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I am rebooked now, and have a $81 credit with Southwest and a later flight that allows me to take my cats to the kennel the day of our flight. I am saving $100......hhhmmm I bet I can find something to use it for on the cruise.

and have a $81 credit with Southwest
Make sure to print out something with the confirmation number on it. That is the only way that you will be able to apply your $81 to a future booking.

I love Southwest ...... but I do miss the "good old days" (last year) when a price drop would have resulted in a refund (credit) to your credit card ...... AND flight credits for cancellations were fully transferable. :)

Make sure to print out something with the confirmation number on it. That is the only way that you will be able to apply your $81 to a future booking.

I love Southwest ...... but I do miss the "good old days" (last year) when a price drop would have resulted in a refund (credit) to your credit card ...... AND flight credits for cancellations were fully transferable. :)

Thank you for posting this! I thought I was losing it, in that previous years I had used my mom's Southwest Credit from her cancellation to book our flights.

And then this year...when she once again cancelled....it says one of the names from the original flight cancellation must be on the new booking.

A CC friend and I were trying to do it... and that travel funds used to be transferable...and now they're not. :( Thanks for the confirmation.

Oh bummer, I have the original purchase price, the second rebooking, and then the change that I made with a later flight price drop. Please don't tell me that I should have printed out the page with the credit!!!

If I have already made the changes is it to late to get the credit print out some where? I hate the small print on things. If I don't get the money to use on a future flight, at least I get to keep my cats at home another night.

Guess I know why I love these boards so much as it cuts through the small print and gives you helpful information.

Oh bummer, I have the original purchase price, the second rebooking, and then the change that I made with a later flight price drop. Please don't tell me that I should have printed out the page with the credit!!!

If I have already made the changes is it to late to get the credit print out some where? I hate the small print on things. If I don't get the money to use on a future flight, at least I get to keep my cats at home another night.

Guess I know why I love these boards so much as it cuts through the small print and gives you helpful information.

You should still have the email on the original flight somewhere on your computer. You were going to use it to fly after all. :)

That is the confirmation (number) that is linked to your unused travel funds and credit.

If you can find it, just print it out and print IMPORTANT-CREDIT of $XX-DO NOT TOSS. That's what I always do. :D:):D

Archived