NCL Gem -10-Day E. Caribbean- Jan 29-Feb 8,2012 - Review and Pictorial

computerworks

Wow, the ship looks wonderful. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write and illustrate with your wonderful photos such a colorful ship!!

We've just booked a haven penthouse suite for December on the Gem. We were told that breakfast in Cagneys is one of the perks. Is it a buffet only or is also a full menu?

The last time we sailed NCL, was the Norway, when she was still looking good, back in 1990, for our 10th anniversary.

Thanks again for making the Gem seem "real" before we set sail.

Steve & Judy

The Cagney's suite perk is awsome. There is a full menu for breakfast, as well as a small buffet of items to choose from. My favorite is the steak and eggs....:)

Totally agree. Breakfast at Cagneys is wonderful. I would have to say that the steak and eggs is my favorite. Not exactly heart friendly but neither is the crab eggs benedict. Cagneys' lunch isn't bad either!!!

Ray & Teresia

The Cagney's suite perk is awsome. There is a full menu for breakfast, as well as a small buffet of items to choose from. My favorite is the steak and eggs....:)

Totally agree. Breakfast at Cagneys is wonderful. I would have to say that the steak and eggs is my favorite. Not exactly heart friendly but neither is the crab eggs benedict. Cagneys' lunch isn't bad either!!!

Ray & Teresia

Thank you for your quick replies!

J&S

• 1 month later...

Hi, we were on the same cruise, What a great itinerary it was, Kadek the butler was great, we had him twice before, and Florintina was great as well, they both couldn't do enough for you. Michael the piano player is a dear friend of ours. we are going on the Jewel tomorrow and can't wait. will miss the special treatment from Kadek, Florintina and Normita Margarretta at the tequila bar

What a wonderful review and your pictures are beautiful. I've been on the Pearl so it's nice to see the inside of one of her sister ships and see the subtle differences. Would love to be on some of those beaches right now!

• 1 month later...

What a wonderful review! Loved the pictures-I felt like I was there. I was on the same cruise but 2 weeks earlier. We love the January 10 day out of NY but this year they changed it to a 9 day and took away tortola and my favorite island Antigua )-: We are still taking the cruise but we are disappointed in the one less day and losing those 2 islands. Thanks again for the great review and pictures. OH just wanted to say loved your cabin and deck-WONDERFUL! We do the penthouse suite but not in Haven-Some day we will!

• 2 weeks later...
what a wonderful review! Loved the pictures-i felt like i was there. I was on the same cruise but 2 weeks earlier. We love the january 10 day out of ny but this year they changed it to a 9 day and took away tortola and my favorite island antigua )-: We are still taking the cruise but we are disappointed in the one less day and losing those 2 islands. Thanks again for the great review and pictures. Oh just wanted to say loved your cabin and deck-wonderful! We do the penthouse suite but not in haven-some day we will!

i also disappointed, called cutbacks save money for share holders, do jewel 12 day goes to barbados same as last yr 12 days, if i find roomate to share expense will love to go in 2013/jan/6,back to back with 9 days on gem same port no need to go home and come back, im their might as well go twice

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and extensive review. I should stop reading reviews. They can make you crazy after awhile. I think you have put me back on a happy track in anticipation of our upcoming Gem cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We have never sailed on NCL, so I am a bit nervous. I get the feeling that a Haven OS is just the ticket. :)

Thanks again!

Thank you, thank you for such a great review with wonderful pictures!! We are sailing on her in March and we have 2 "virgin" cruisers with our group. I'm going to make sure they see the pictures especially of the ship. The port pictures were wonderful even though we have a couple of different islands. Anyone else on the March 13, 2013 cruise?

Thank you, thank you for such a great review with wonderful pictures!! We are sailing on her in March and we have 2 "virgin" cruisers with our group. I'm going to make sure they see the pictures especially of the ship. The port pictures were wonderful even though we have a couple of different islands. Anyone else on the March 13, 2013 cruise?

There is a roll call started for the 3/13/13 date on the GEM, check it out and join in on the chatter and excitement leading up to your cruise...:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1468779

Margaret

• 1 month later...

Archived