Costa Allegra caught fire and now adrift

Mikel1733

Because of oil futures, airlines and cruise lines are all off 10-20% over the last 10 days. May not be a good time to buy right now. When iran and everybody quits rattling their swords and oil stabilizes, both industries will be a good buy. JMHO

In the meantime, best wishes to those stranded pax!

Are you saying that you feel it will go lower after all the stabilzation? That would be awesome! I was under the assumption (probably why I am not an investment banker) that when tragedy strikes and the stock falls as a result, that would be the time to buy. And then when the hype falls off and things stabilize, the stock would go back up and that would be a good time to sell. Good thing I have a day job that is not investment banking.

funny what's important for people to complain about.

"carnival concordia"

"sister ship"

my sister looks nothing like me, but she is my sister. a sister ship to most "non in the know people" is just another one in the line, not IDENTICAL TWIN to a particular class.

and besides, who cares? none of it changes the story that another ship in on fire and is now dead in the water.

and let's celebrate that there was no loss of life, and the fire has been extinguished, and the shp will probably sail again.

the brand costa, though, is not doing too well though. wonder how long it will survive.

off to see the carnival spin on facebook.......

Totally agree and while many of speculated that the Splendor was cursed no matter how silly it may seem to those that don't believe I'm starting to think the issue lies with Costa! The Splendor was originally designed to be a Costa ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Splendor.

There are now at least 7 separate threads on CC about the Alegra fire. Enough already.

DON

While I agree that there are several threads, it is always your prerogative to not click on them if you don't want to read them. Makes no sense to go into a thread just to complain.

Doesn't this all seem just a little suspicious to anyone :confused: Conspiracy theorists...chime in. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think that mouse is involved! He wants all the 'family' business to himself! I have never trusted a mouse with ears that big.

While I agree that there are several threads, it is always your prerogative to not click on them if you don't want to read them. Makes no sense to go into a thread just to complain.

Some people have more "control issues" than others. When I read a response like the one you quoted, I simply pencil that in under the "more" column and move on, lol. Helps the serenity much better :D

Yep, and if anyone is looking to get those 100 shares of CCL stock, now would be a good time to keep an eye on it. I imagine it's about to get more affordable :p

let me ask do you get a discount if you have ccl stock? and is there anything special that you have to do when you book thru pvp:p thanks

let me ask do you get a discount if you have ccl stock? and is there anything special that you have to do when you book thru pvp:p thanks

You get on board credit. The amount varies depending on how long your cruise is. I know the amount is $100 for 7 or 8 day cruises. I think there's a $250 OBC as well for longer cruises. The shorter cruises get $50. You only have to fax proof of ownership to Carnival. You can do a search on this forum for the number. I have it written down at home, but am not at home right now.

You get on board credit. The amount varies depending on how long your cruise is. I know the amount is $100 for 7 or 8 day cruises. I think there's a $250 OBC as well for longer cruises. The shorter cruises get $50. You only have to fax proof of ownership to Carnival. You can do a search on this forum for the number. I have it written down at home, but am not at home right now.

i take it there a min that you have to have? i have 232 in stock can i divide by 2 cabins?:p

i take it there a min that you have to have? i have 232 in stock can i divide by 2 cabins?:p

You'd have to have 2 separate owners of the stock, one in one room, one in another and show proof of same. You have to have 100 shares to get the OBC.

The two ships are not similar in any way, not sister ships.

Thats what the news headlines on the linked stories called them. I agree the terminology we use on cruise critic they are not exact twin sister ships. Maybe the europeans use different terminology.

This year alone 2012- (and keep in mind these are only things that made the headlines):

- The Costa Concordia halfway sank ending the lives of approx. 32 people and injuring others.

- The Carnvial Fantasy had a jumper who jumped in the atrium and died.

- An RCCL ship (I believe it was Liberty of the Seas)... lady left the nightclub and fell down a flight of stairs and died

- Norovirus attacked the Crown Princess so badly that they had to end their trip early and return back to port.

- Noro has also heavily impacted and made headlines on a RCCL ship (yesterday and a Carnival ship last month.)

- 22 passengers were just robbed during an excursion (they were Carnival passengers)

- A cruise ship employee aboard the Carnival Magic fell overboard while working (apparently - don't know the whole story yet). Luckily, was rescued but still made headlines.

( And now, another ship... Costa Allegra has a fire...)

So yeah I'd agree with the poster that said this hasn't been a good year for cruising. And these are only the things I know about...

With all of that said.. I still LOVE cruising and will take any cruises that anyone wants to give up. Haha.

What a terrible year for Carnival!! You can't make this stuff up!!

I luv cruising too but I'm amazed at everything going-on this year!! Geeez!!

Doesn't this all seem just a little suspicious to anyone :confused: Conspiracy theorists...chime in. :rolleyes:

Allow me. This is clearly another blatant attack on the cruise industry orchestrated by CHAIRHOG, which stands for

Consortium to

Help

All

Inclusive

Resorts

Heighten

Ocean incidents

Globally

This consortium of owners of AI resorts have operatives across the globe creating chaos on board ships by causing these incidents. They even go so far as to wake up early to "reserve" chairs on cruise ships, wear jeans on formal nights, smoke as many cigarettes as possible, board ships after intentionally contracting noro and then shaking as many hands as possible. It goes on and on. From the time they are children they are groomed to create chaos in the cruise industry. Ever wonder where the "trolls" here come from? Makes you think, doesn't it.

Does this conspiracy work for you?

Allow me. This is clearly another blatant attack on the cruise industry orchestrated by CHAIRHOG, which stands for

Consortium to

Help

All

Inclusive

Resorts

Heighten

Ocean incidents

Globally

This consortium of owners of AI resorts have operatives across the globe creating chaos on board ships by causing these incidents. They even go so far as to wake up early to "reserve" chairs on cruise ships, wear jeans on formal nights, smoke as many cigarettes as possible, board ships after intentionally contracting noro and then shaking as many hands as possible. It goes on and on. From the time they are children they are groomed to create chaos in the cruise industry. Ever wonder where the "trolls" here come from? Makes you think, doesn't it.

Does this conspiracy work for you?

OMG I am rofl!! Some people are so much more creative than I :D

Thank you for sharing this link. I had a death in my family and have not seen any news this last week. This link also had a link to an article about finding 8 more bodies of the Concordia disaster last week, one being that of the five year old child. I was praying for her body to be found for her mother's sake.

Totally agree and while many of speculated that the Splendor was cursed no matter how silly it may seem to those that don't believe I'm starting to think the issue lies with Costa! The Splendor was originally designed to be a Costa ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Splendor.

No, it's not silly, it's beyond silly!

Archived