email to ship

regnig

Sorry as I'm sure this has been asked before and if the "Search" function worked I wouldn't have to repeat the question.

In case of need can people send you an email to the ship (including stateroom number and name) that HAL will put in your mailbox. On Princess it can be done but what about HAL? I have no intention of using the internet while onboard, it is vacation after all, but we do have a situation where family might want to update us of an ongoing health situation. I know they can call the ship in case of a real emergency, but this is more along the lines of "you'll sleep better" with the information situation.

Thanks!

Well, this is why I always get the $25 or $55 worth of internet use, depending how work is covered. Peace of mind and I don't have to find it in port. I can check late at night and early in the AM. We have someone house sit and often things require our attention--if even where something is or who to call to help, wellness of family members. It has been a HUGE boon to check in that way. We simply tell everyone to use one email to contact us and we log-in and look quickly and get off. Sometimes, if only to read that all is well.

I know they used to assign you a personal shipboard account, but I prefer to use my home address that everyone has.

I hope someone can answer this more specifically for you.

Yes, but you have to buy minutes and/or check it yourself, I believe. From the link:

Email Access

Holland America Line has set up your very own CruisE-mail address for you to use during your cruise if you choose not to use your own email account or if you do not have one.

Your CruisE-mail address:

Your first initial + last name + your cabin number (with no spaces in between) + @"shipname".cruisemail.net.

Example:

John Smith, in Cabin 38 on the ms Rotterdam, - His CruisE-mail address will be: jsmith38@rotterdam.cruisemail.net

Please note: There is an additional cost of $3.95 to send Cruise email, in addition to the basic time charges. There is no additional charge, only time charges apply, to receive any incoming cruise email messages.

I suggest you set up a special, temporary yahoo email address and check just that address once or twice a day. It will cost you $3.95 to set up the HAL internet account, and then $0.75/min each time you check it.

Thanks folks, that was the information I was looking for. I have no intention of checking any email a couple of times a day as this cruise is a way of getting away from technology in any form. We'll just contend ourselves with a phone call in case of a real emergency and consider "no news to be good news".

I suggest you set up a special, temporary yahoo email address and check just that address once or twice a day. It will cost you $3.95 to set up the HAL internet account, and then $0.75/min each time you check it.

This is a good idea... So if we have that Yahoo account, do we have to set up our own laptop through the HAL server and all that, or are there onboard computers that we can log on to and check real quick for a cheapee rate?

This is a good idea... So if we have that Yahoo account, do we have to set up our own laptop through the HAL server and all that, or are there onboard computers that we can log on to and check real quick for a cheapee rate?

The rate is the same whether you use the ship's computers or your own.

It costs $3.95 to set up your account, then a per minute charge.

You can pay $0.75 per minute, purchase a plan of$55 for 100 minutes, or $100 for 250 minutes.

In Exploration Cafe on HAL ships, there are computers guests can use. You will see a 'log in' tab and can opt to buy one of the packages Ruth outlined or pay by the minute if you plan to only have low use.

No need to have your own computer or device.

It is amazing how people get addicted to the internet, myself included. For a long time I had contact with no one and no one with me, except in an emergency. Now I have have e-mail on ship and in port.

Archived