which ships in Bermuda 2006?

S.S.Oceanlover

Unfortunately options for Bermuda aren't very good.If Celebrity Zenith doesn't come through I might have to go with NCL Crown.Good itinerary,visits all 3 ports,and leaves out of New York.Never experienced free style cruising,but it might work well for Bermuda.

2006 Bermuda options are even worse than Alpal says. This year you have NCL, Horizon, Zenith and Radisson Navigator. Horizon will be gone and Radisson Navigator will replace its 2005 Bermuda, New England, and Northern Atlantic routes with the Med. for 2006. So at best we'll have Zenith (which may be redeployed if Summit is in the Pacific) and NCL (which, for me, is the same as having nobody). I thought Princess would be in Bermuda as well; but a search of the Princess web site says "no cruises to Bermuda."

I did Bermuda with NCL already before Star owned them but back then it was terrible. I am not a picky eater at all and it was so bad that I skipped dinner on 2 nights the food was so bad. Back then there was no alternate dining etc. I just didn't eat and I love to eat, especialy when I don't have to cook it.

It was my only cruise that have bad memories of out of 12 cruises.

If there are only a couple of choices I guess the prices will be even higher than this year. It doesn't sound like Bermuda is going to an option next year. :(

Bill

And with ships the size of "Horizon" not going to Bermuda, no matter who goes, if it is a larger ship it means 3-4 days docked at Kings Wharf rather than a call at St Goerges and Hamilton.

does anybody know or would be willing to hazard a guess as to which ship(s) will be doing Bermuda next summer.

Bill

A couple of guesses and one fact:

Guesses: 1) RCI will continue 5 night cruises from NYC on Voyager (or similar ship); 2) A few cruises on the Jewel (or similar vessel) visiting for 1-2 nights as part of a Boston-Caribbean itinerary

Fact: Princess will visit Bermuda for 1 night as part of a NYC-Caribbean RT on the new Crown Princess next year.

I would presume the Zenith will go to Bermuda in 2006 as will the voyager or a voyager class ship and either the grandeur of the seas or another vision class ship. There is also the possiblity that RCCL will bring the Empress back to go to Bermuda seeing as the enchantment will be resuming it's old route that the Empress took over due to the Enchantment's stretching. Aslo, NCL will probably send the Crown to Bermuda, and as another poster mentioned Princess will sail to Bermuda for 1 day as part of a 9-night itinerary.

JC

Bermuda is now available on CarnivalRates starting from $599*

if booked TODAY Discover Bermuda on a 6 night cruise aboard

the Carnival Legend sailing from New York on April 20, 2006

I received this in the mail yesterday.....although not a 7 night cruise this should be a good option? I'm just not sure if it will dock there for the whole trip or just stopping for a day or so. Email was not specific. Anyone else know anything

about it?

Last month though I asked Ogla what would Celebrity's 2nd ship to Bermuda be in 2006 as a replacement for the Horizon (which to me is the real question on this thread). She said she didn't know and the answer will come out when the itineraries are released shortly. So we wait and see.

Don't forget that RCCL has the Voyager and Grandeur alternating on 2 day visits to the Dockyard on 5 day cruises out of Bayonne, NJ and Baltimore, respectively. I would expect that at least the Grandeur would continue that route, if not go to a 7 day itinerary. She is very popular in Baltimore and is booked solid. Dockyard may be a poor choice, but Bermuda has to wake up if it wants cruise ships to continue to call there. Their limitation on ship size in Hamilton harbor makes it extremely unlikely that any cruise line will be able to call there regularly too much longer given the lack of economy of scale that comes from the smaller ships that call there regularly now. I know Celebrity used to have Meridian in Dockyard for 7 days, and with the free ferry back and forth 18 hours a day, it worked pretty good. RCCL may want to try that with Grandeur next year. Whatever happened to Empress of the Seas anyway? They fixed her up, modernized her with a rock climbing wall, and boom, she disappeared from Bermuda sailing schedule after only 1 year. I agree with an early responder -- NCL is your worst choice.

2006 Bermuda options are even worse than Alpal says. This year you have NCL, Horizon, Zenith and Radisson Navigator. Horizon will be gone and Radisson Navigator will replace its 2005 Bermuda, New England, and Northern Atlantic routes with the Med. for 2006. So at best we'll have Zenith (which may be redeployed if Summit is in the Pacific) and NCL (which, for me, is the same as having nobody). I thought Princess would be in Bermuda as well; but a search of the Princess web site says "no cruises to Bermuda."

. . . Whatever happened to Empress of the Seas anyway? They fixed her up, modernized her with a rock climbing wall, and boom, she disappeared from Bermuda sailing schedule after only 1 year. I agree with an early responder -- NCL is your worst choice.

I hope they bring Empress of the Seas back to the Bermuda itinerary. I cruised NCL's Norwegian Crown to Bermuda once - never again! For me NCL is not a worst choice - it's no choice.

Guest nhrich
I hope they bring Empress of the Seas back to the Bermuda itinerary. I cruised NCL's Norwegian Crown to Bermuda once - never again! For me NCL is not a worst choice - it's no choice.

Empress will be doing a 7-night Bermuda cruise next year from Philly.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

is there pricing anywhere on the internet for the Empress? I looked on RCI's page last night after reading about her going to Bermuda but couldn't even find it listed on their site.

One would think that they'd have the pricing up when they announce these deployments but... :(

Bill

Guest nhrich

Bill - The itineraries and pricing for the Empress will be out on 5/11.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Bill - The itineraries and pricing for the Empress will be out on 5/11.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Rich,

Thank you. Patience is not my strong suit! :D

Carnival is doing the same thing to me with the Liberty deployments for summer 2006.

Bill

Archived