4 people left in water snorkeling excursion

Fresh off the Allure today

4 people left in water snorkeling excursion while on a a Royal Caribbean excursion while we were in Labadee they boat left without them and were alone in the open water for at least 20 minutes before being spotted by a glass bottom boat tour.

I will also post a mini review later today or tomorrow of our cruise.

THis is the third time I have heard of this happening. THe first and most famous occurrence was in AUstralia at the Great Barrier Reef. Unfortunately that couple was never found. THe other one I heard of the people were rescued by another boat and now this. Was is so darn difficult about accounting for everyone that you took with you?

Don't they check sea passes when returning from Labadee? Also, if they were on a RCI excursion, where was the toup operator/guide? Scary that they would be just left in the water--but again, it was their responsibility to know when the ship left and to make sure they were on board.

It's as simple as counting heads ... count how many people you start with and before moving on to the next destination, count heads again. If you start with 25 ... you need to end with 25!!!!! :mad: Really ... it is that simple. NO EXCUSE for leaving people out in the ocean!

Don't they check sea passes when returning from Labadee? Also, if they were on a RCI excursion, where was the toup operator/guide? Scary that they would be just left in the water--but again, it was their responsibility to know when the ship left and to make sure they were on board.

All excursions in Labadee are RCI excursions. I think you may be confused - the didn't miss the Allure, they were left behind by the small boat that took them snorkeling.

Can't imagine how those people must of felt when they saw the ship sail away!! If that were me, I would of been out of my mind!!!! :eek:

We have not been to Labadee in like forever (10 years or more) ....does the ship blow its horn when its departing? Maybe they should??? Not sure if that would of even helped them, probably not.

I feel bad for them, it sounds like RC didn't do a thorough count of returning passengers.

Fresh off the Allure today

4 people left in water snorkeling excursion while on a a Royal Caribbean excursion while we were in Labadee they boat left without them and were alone in the open water for at least 20 minutes before being spotted by a glass bottom boat tour.

I will also post a mini review later today or tomorrow of our cruise.

Really confusing post. What ship left them? Obviously not "the ship" since Labadee is a private island....further clarification is really needed here.

I don't find the OP confusing. He or she said the people were left in the water while on a RCI excursion. The boat (not ship) left without them and they were alone in open water for at least 20 mins...

Guest LoveMyBoxer

WOW! The OP said that the excursion boat left them out in the open water and a glass bottom boat brought them back. OP NEVER saild the Allure left the people behind!

So, the excursion boat left without them and then the Allure left without them

Hope they lawyer up and sue the lot of them

Disgusting

Doesn't say the Allure left with out them...they were spotted by the glass bottom tour boat...which would lead me to believe the Allure was still AT Labadee...and other tours were still operating...

Never the less...that would be my worst nightmare...to be left behind on a snorkling trip...guess that is why I am never out of site of the boat...

Doesn't say the Allure left with out them...they were spotted by the glass bottom tour boat...which would lead me to believe the Allure was still AT Labadee...and other tours were still operating...

Never the less...that would be my worst nightmare...to be left behind on a snorkling trip...guess that is why I am never out of site of the boat...

That's what I don't get. I can't imagine being far enough away from the boat and/or guide while snorkeling that I wouldn't notice everyone else getting back on and sailing away! Obviously the tour operator should have done a head count and not left with fewer people than they arrived with, but the snorkelers who were left should have been more aware of their surroundings as well.

The lack of reading comprehension on this thread amazes me :rolleyes:

They were left in the water by the excursion boat. Twenty minutes later another excursion spotted them and got them out of the water. I'm sure they got back to the Allure safe and sound, and more than a little angry.

There is NO excuse at all for an excursion boat to leave anyone. They should do a head count at the very least. When I'm on scuba excursions, with an operator doing things properly, they don't just do a head count but they also do a roll call.

That's what I don't get. I can't imagine being far enough away from the boat and/or guide while snorkeling that I wouldn't notice everyone else getting back on and sailing away! Obviously the tour operator should have done a head count and not left with fewer people than they arrived with, but the snorkelers who were left should have been more aware of their surroundings as well.

Royal Caribbean is the operator at Labadee. Certainly they should have done a head count. In what way should the snorkelers been more aware? I have been on dozens of these and the excursion has a watcher not only on the boat but in the water. What snorkelers do is look at fish and corel. About all snorkelers are going to be aware of other than that is where the boat is located. The exursion personel screwed up.

Royal Caribbean is the operator at Labadee. Certainly they should have done a head count. In what way should the snorkelers been more aware? I have been on dozens of these and the excursion has a watcher not only on the boat but in the water. What snorkelers do is look at fish and corel. About all snorkelers are going to be aware of other than that is where the boat is located. The exursion personel screwed up.

Very true and well said. The excursion personel screwed up PERIOD!

Hopefully this is just a confused poster. I cannot imagine dumoing the blame on the people that were left in the water.

Its not like they missed a bus!!!! They were in the middle of the OCEAN!!! LOL

I would have come out swinging!!

Archived