CD info...JJ Ullrich ???

TLC535

Not that I let any CD make or break my cruise...but wondering if anyone might know this one and how he runs things...I am told he will be our CD on the Star in April to Hawaii.

Thanks for any info. :)

He's no David Cole that's for sure! He was our CD on B2B cruises in Alaska on the Diamond a couple of years ago and while certainly not the worst CD we have ever had, nothing special either. Pretty hands off as many so so CDs tend to be, leaving things to their staff. It was a fantastic cruise as yours will likely be as well, so based on our experience he really won't impact you in a negative or positive way. He gets the job done and hopefully he will have some great staff as he did on our Diamond cruise.

I have sailed with JJ before and I liked him. Met him a couple of times and he was very personable and very friendly. I agree that he's not out and about with passengers as much as some, but I think he did a fine job.

Glad to hear fairly reassuring comments about Jj Ullrich. He is to be the CD for our Star cruise in 12 days. HIs was a new name to me.

Mary Lou: you are only going on "our" cruise for 12 days???:confused:

I'll be on her for 15 days!!

Have a nice swim!:eek::eek::D

JJ was our CD on our Coral Princess cruise over Christmas. He is very hands off as far as CDs go - you won't see him roaming the ship or socializing much with passengers - but he runs a good program and his staff seemed happy. I was very impressed with the way he handled the Christmas activities onboard, everything ran flawlessly.

JJ was our CD on the Star in Scandinavia/Baltics in 2010 and he was great! He came to our CC gathering and was very personable...and if he didn't really remember us the few times after that when we ran into him, he did a really good job at pretending that he did. ;)

Not that I let any CD make or break my cruise...but wondering if anyone might know this one and how he runs things...I am told he will be our CD on the Star in April to Hawaii.

Thanks for any info. :)

JJ was our CD on The Star Princess in August 2010. He showed up at our CC gathering and was very personable I thought. He answered any questions we had.

No, don't base your cruise on what CD is onboard,heck you never really know what ship a CD will be on, since most of us book cruise before their contracts are set.

JJ was our CD on the Star in Scandinavia/Baltics in 2010 and he was great! He came to our CC gathering and was very personable...and if he didn't really remember us the few times after that when we ran into him, he did a really good job at pretending that he did. ;)

Hi-Smart One & Pretty One. We were on The Star same cruise. Good to see you on this site again. Happy cruising.

Glad to hear fairly reassuring comments about Jj Ullrich. He is to be the CD for our Star cruise in 12 days. HIs was a new name to me.

JJ was our CD on the Coral 1/17-31 LA to FLL Panama Canal sailing. He left the ship in Aruba and we finished the sailing with a new CD. JJ did come to our meetngreet and he did the morning show from different venues on the ship. It was the first time I saw a CD do that. His team was very approachable and entertaining. He must just be getting back from vacation/break. His bio says that he's from the US(Chicago) but I think he now calls home Shanghai, China.

Hi-Smart One & Pretty One. We were on The Star same cruise. Good to see you on this site again. Happy cruising.

Hi Arizonaperson!

Oh yes, I remember you well...so good to see you! And think I have a picture of you from one of the ferries that we took in Scandinavia. Will have to dig it up and send it to you! :D

Archived