Port of Civitavecchia

rkv

Does anyone know of a laundry facility close to where Royal Caribbean docks. We are on a 15 day TA cruise that ends in Rome (Civitavecchia) then staying on for 7 more days. We would like to plan to do our own laundry off the ship in between cruises. We will be staying 3 days post cruise in Rome so will see lots of sights then. I know we can have laundry done on ship but it seems SO expensive. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

I am the one who posted the info (see the link above) but the OP may want to think carefully about other options. Many cruise lines (not sure if RCI still does this) will offer some laundry specials onboard such as charging $20-$25 for a bag of laundry (they give you the bag). Keep in mind that you are spending a lot of money to get to Europe and your time is limited. It just seems a shame to waste some of that valuable port time sitting around a laundramat. Another option is to simply pack an extra bag of clothes. The cost for that one extra piece (one way) might actually be less then the laundry fees (on board) and gives you a lot more clothes. But, if you must you must and as far as we know that laundramat is still in Civitavecchia.

Hank

You can get the laundry done on board at reasonable rates . Here's how :

* Most ships offer a self serve laundrette (s) . Ask your cabin steward for the location .

* Wait till the last day or so before the end of the cruise (or cruise leg) and watch the Daily On-Board Scandal Sheet . Most lines usually offer a great deal on unlimited items you can stuff within their provided laundry bag for a bargain flat rate .

Agree rates normally quoted per item are an absolute "rip off" .

I would check to see if your ship has self serve laundry rooms. I disagree that most ships have them- it seems to me most cruise lines are getting rid of them on newer ships. At least from our experience.

You are on vacation. Spending several hours in a laundromat is not vacation. I would look at using the ship's services for critical items (like underwear), and see if you can get by without washing less critical items. I doubt the TA will be really warm, so I don't think you will be sweating a lot.

I would check to see if your ship has self serve laundry rooms. I disagree that most ships have them- it seems to me most cruise lines are getting rid of them on newer ships. At least from our experience.

You are on vacation. Spending several hours in a laundromat is not vacation. I would look at using the ship's services for critical items (like underwear), and see if you can get by without washing less critical items. I doubt the TA will be really warm, so I don't think you will be sweating a lot.

No RCCL (RCI) vessels have self-service laundries.

Hank

Archived