Beef wellington - still served on the jewel?????

Diamond60

Just wanted to know if Beef Wellington is still served on the Jewel??? It's really hard to find in many restaurants in New York. This is one of my husband's favorite dishes. He'd be in seventh heaven. If they do still carry BW on the ship, do anyone know what day it's served on?

Thanks for your responses!

We had it last May on a 9 day eastern cruise on the Jewel. It doesn't show up on the normal 7 day menu, but longer cruises could be different. Also the regualr menu has Chef choices on the menu that are listed each day.

It wasn't on the Star in January on a 7 day cruise. Aren't all the MDR menu's the same now? The ones posted before my cruise appeared to be the same as on the cruise.

NCL has 14 different menus for their MDRs (numbered 1 thru 14 of course :)).

The onboard chef has total control over which menu is served on which day. They can mix up the "order" in any way that they deem fit. The only requirement from NCL Miami is that Menu #1 is ALWAYS served on embarkation day.

You will find a great degree of shuffling going on after that...changing the menu order is a great way to keep the kitchen staff from falling into a routine, which could lead to boredom, inattention, and a potential accident.

Sorry to say for the OP, but I've checked the menus, and Beef Wellington is no longer an option. :(

DH will be very happy to hear Beef Wellington will most likely be on our Panama Canal cruise!:)

The post immediately prior to yours indicates it is not on the current set of menus. The current menus were introduced in January, 2012. The posters who reported having it sailed before the new menus were introduced.

The post immediately prior to yours indicates it is not on the current set of menus. The current menus were introduced in January, 2012. The posters who reported having it sailed before the new menus were introduced.

NJ... you are very knowledgeable. But, in this instance I really hope you're wrong.;)

NJ... you are very knowledgeable. But, in this instance I really hope you're wrong.;)

I'm taking SeaShark's word for it, there's no reason to doubt it: "Sorry to say for the OP, but I've checked the menus, and Beef Wellington is no longer an option".

From my own recent experience a few weeks ago, it wasn't on the menu on a 7 night Jewel cruise even though it had been in the recent past.

Ooops! :o I read his answer too fast. Like Diamond 60 said, we hope Sea Shark is wrong! :)

You can always ask if they are serving it during the cruise. The Chef's are allowed to cook a special item outside the menu now and then. It they get enough requests it may be available. Ask during the first night.

Cmdr.. I will definitely request the BW on the day we board. Thanks for the suggestion.

Or even better ask at the M&G...all the honchos will be there...;)

Archived