Funship Freddy - Anyone else find him creepy?

BJDownUnder

My 3 yr old Grandson just loves him.

He is all set to meet up with Freddy on Splendor again next month, and talks about Freddy all the time, and of course he has a little plush Fun Freddy as he calls him. I think he would be crushed if we cruised with another line and they didn't have Freddy!

Umm, errr, Yes! I think Funship Freddy is creepy and hideous! JMHO though. I think they could do much better for a mascot!!

I'd design a much better mascot for them for half the price they undoubtedly paid someone to design him!

Hey, Carnival......how about having a design our new mascot contest with the grand prize being an all expenses paid cruise in a suite on the ship/itinerary of winners choice!!! :D PLEASE???

Agreed ... Funship Freddy really is creepy, I thought that from the moment I laid eyes upon him. My whole family thinks he is creepy.

And I like the idea of Carnival having a new mascot :D

I love Freddy! I always want my picture with him!!

In fact, this past cruise, when I saw him, I ran up to him and hugged him, and said "I haven't see you since last February..I looked for you on the Ecstacy but couldn't find you.." LOL :o

See my Victory review for the photo of me with Freddy! I am all smiles!:D

Hey Brenda from Uniontown, Ohio ... I'm Brenda from Canton, Ohio. :)

What about the life size towel animal that they have now? I think that's worse. At least Funship Freddy has a facial expression. The towel animal looks like an oversized pile of dirty towels just walking around the ship...!

:eek:

I haven't seen that one yet.

Last year Funship Freddy was getting off the glass elevators of the Fascination while we were getting ready to get on and my 3 yo screamed so loud that everyone in the atrium was looking to see what happened. He was absolutely terrified!

Last year Funship Freddy was getting off the glass elevators of the Fascination while we were getting ready to get on and my 3 yo screamed so loud that everyone in the atrium was looking to see what happened. He was absolutely terrified!

Til she was about 6 years old my DD was terrified of anyone in a costume . The only time she faked being sick to get out of going to school was the day in first grade McGruff "The Crime Fighting Dog" was scheduled to come to school.

Disney World was obviously out until she got over this (much to the ire of her siblings)

Only saw Funship Freddy one time at a distance, elbowed my sister to tell her, "There's Freeloading Freddy." She laughed her butt off at me. I knew that wasn't his name, but couldn't for the life of me remember his name. Oh well, they say the mind is the first to go and he is now called that in our family.

Only saw Funship Freddy one time at a distance, elbowed my sister to tell her, "There's Freeloading Freddy." She laughed her butt off at me. I knew that wasn't his name, but couldn't for the life of me remember his name. Oh well, they say the mind is the first to go and he is now called that in our family.

Your mind isn't going . You just confused him with Freddie The Freeloader . Red Skeltons famous Hobo character *LOL*

If you think Funship Freddy is scary' date=' have you ever seen Carnivals first mascot? Apparently the crew called it the "Noid", like that old Domino's Pizza mascot. [/color']

photo.php?fbid=227641023945133&set=a.156041891105047.26437.144285012280735&type=3&theater

LOL that is hilarious. Just weird. :eek: Thanks for sharing this.

Freddy threw me against the wall, stole my sign and sail, and made that throat cutting gesture with his finger. He backed away slowly all the while glaring at me with that horrific plastic smile. When I left the cruise there was only 1 extra charge... a Totuga Rum Cake. I don't think they feed him. True Story

I do think he looks freaky too. Maniacal look in his eyes and the whole split head thing. I feel like he could be a creature from Silent Hill.

Now it's even worse to read about him mugging people for rum cake and tackling people in front of children.

I bet he is the one who made the poor elephant a ghost (the towel animal costume).:(

The "noid" character is strange AND creepy!

The towel elephant is dirty all over. I want my towels clean! What is that yellow and gray on the towel? Gross!

DH is sitting near me playing Angry Birds and I showed him the Freeloading Freddy pic (Great Nickname by the way) and he agrees, too. Way creepy, he says!

AGAIN, HEY CARNIVAL HOW ABOUT A CONTEST TO GET A COOL MASCOT FOR CARNIVAL ONCE AND FOR ALL! :D