Great Gadget for Princess Showers

jilllofalltrades

I found a great little gadget for Princess Showers. It's a mesh shower caddy for holding shampoos and soaps. If I remember correctly, there are no shelves in the shower on Princess ships except in mini suites and suites. You have to leave the shampoo on the counter and reach out to get it. The caddy is at Dollar General for $2.50. It's located with the laundry items like clothes pins and such. It weighs almost nothing and takes us very little luggage space.

I found a great little gadget for Princess Showers. It's a mesh shower caddy for holding shampoos and soaps. If I remember correctly, there are no shelves in the shower on Princess ships except in mini suites and suites. You have to leave the shampoo on the counter and reach out to get it. The caddy is at Dollar General for $2.50. It's located with the laundry items like clothes pins and such. It weighs almost nothing and takes us very little luggage space.

All of the ships we have been on, have at least a small shelf in the shower, but not all that big.

We have bought a suction cup caddy and taken to the ship as well, but sometimes have a hard time getting it to stick to the shower walls. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it is a good idea.

Mike

I have a mesh shower caddy with a hanging hook that I hang under the towels on the towel bar above the toilet. Since it's right outside the shower, I can easily reach what I need from inside the shower.

I bought mine last year at the Dollar Tree store near my home ...... for $1, and it seems well made.

I know they are also available online from favors by serendipity dot com, but are more expensive.

DH and I each bring a suction cup caddy. We pack them inside of each other and then stuff socks in them (they're pretty large ones, about 8"x4"). We save that tiny, tiny, tiny shelf for the soaps. Granted, we do cruise for longer periods and generally use regular sized shampoo, conditioner, shave lotion, razor etc. The suction cup caddy works great on Princess, not so well on some other cruise lines where they slide down the shower wall.

I've been singing the praises of my Dollar General mesh shower caddy for years! It comes with a metal hook to hang it over the shower head, but I threw that away because the metal grommets fit perfectly on the shower curtain hooks!

I admire anyone that can use so few toiletries that the teeny, tiny shelf in the Princess shower is adequate! I have to have my soap, shampoo, conditioner, face wash and razor!!!!:rolleyes:

I've been singing the praises of my Dollar General mesh shower caddy for years! It comes with a metal hook to hang it over the shower head, but I threw that away because the metal grommets fit perfectly on the shower curtain hooks!

I admire anyone that can use so few toiletries that the teeny, tiny shelf in the Princess shower is adequate! I have to have my soap, shampoo, conditioner, face wash and razor!!!!:rolleyes:

I too wish I were one of those who can get by with bare essentials. I also use the mesh hanging caddy! it's great!!!

For about the last 6 or 7 years of cruising, one of the must have items that I take is a collapsible mesh laundry hamper. They fold up completely flat, so I just slip it in one of the outside pockets of one of my suitcases. When unpacking onboard, I set it in the corner of the closet, under the area where I will hang shorter clothes, such as blouses and tops, so it is out of the way for longer items.

After clothing items have been worn, I toss them in there, awaiting either being laundered onboard or being repacked for the trip home. Since air can circulate freely through the hamper, clothes in it do not get that sour smell, as they often do if placed in a plastic bag or in an emptry suitcase under the bed.

For about the last 6 or 7 years of cruising, one of the must have items that I take is a collapsible mesh laundry hamper. They fold up completely flat, so I just slip it in one of the outside pockets of one of my suitcases. When unpacking onboard, I set it in the corner of the closet, under the area where I will hang shorter clothes, such as blouses and tops, so it is out of the way for longer items.

After clothing items have been worn, I toss them in there, awaiting either being laundered onboard or being repacked for the trip home. Since air can circulate freely through the hamper, clothes in it do not get that sour smell, as they often do if placed in a plastic bag or in an emptry suitcase under the bed.

My collapsible mesh laundry hamper and my mesh shower caddy go hand in hand!! Two things I never cruise without!!:)

Archived