Best allure price for oceanview balcony for spring break?

Just curious.. What's the best deal anyone's gotten for per person for an eastern Caribbean itinerary on the allure for a balcony? Just by looking, the best i can find in February, march, or april is right around 1200 per person for an ocean view balcony.. What's the best someones gotten in the past for those months per person for a oceanview balcony? Just tryin to get an idea of what price I should look to jump on for next spring break if it ever pops up. Input pleaseeee :) just the per person price of your best price on allure, eastern Caribbean, and in those three months from a past cruise!

Sorry there is no best $ amount for the Oasis/Allure 7 night eastern caribbean balcony or JS (which I want)..I think they are still overpriced, even during hurricane season...and I have been looking..Would love to sail Allure but I have no problem waiting..In the meantime I will sail other classes of RCI ship and enjoy ;):)

Just curious.. What's the best deal anyone's gotten for per person for an eastern Caribbean itinerary on the allure for a balcony? Just by looking, the best i can find in February, march, or april is right around 1200 per person for an ocean view balcony.. What's the best someones gotten in the past for those months per person for a oceanview balcony? Just tryin to get an idea of what price I should look to jump on for next spring break if it ever pops up. Input pleaseeee :) just the per person price of your best price on allure, eastern Caribbean, and in those three months from a past cruise!

February isnt spring break anywhere I know of .. so its going to be cheaper more than likely .. January even more so.

Are you looking for the actual couple of weeks of spring break .. or just any time in general early in the year? Good luck.

Im cruising in May on Allure next year .. seems closer to spring break than Feb to me.

Not too much input on this :(

The best advice that I can give is to find a price that will work for you and book it while keeping an eye out for a price reduction up until your final payment date.

Both ships are popular and are still getting top dollar most of the time. There are deals to be had but you have to really watch out for them. Keep in mind that RCI markets both ships very heavily around the world and most times you will find that about 40% of the passengers are non US guests. For example, January and February usually has a large group from South America on board so filling the two ships are usually not an issue.

For my cruise in April (see my signature) on the Allure to the Eastern..

I paid $3600.- with gratuities, tax and everything for the two of us on a D7 balcony room.

EDIT: I got this price in August 2011. Now the same category for the same amount of people is like $4800.-

We are booked on the Allure for next March 10th, 2013 Western Itinerary. I have never found any wiggle room AT ALL in the actual price of the room, but I did find great On Board Credit opportunities.

The room price for us for two people was $2,735.10 (that's after taxes, etc. added in). That price hasn't wiggled one penny on any sale that I've seen or any travel agency.

HOWEVER, my dad has a spectacular TA who got me $325 OBC (that's total for the room, not per person). I wish I could give you her name and company, but that's not allowed :(

$1249 each for a D8 ( for 2 only, pre tax), during the northern states " April " break, but not Easter week, booked well over a year in advance. We also booked a B2 ( for 2 only) for our daughters, which was the same price:confused:. The D8 s are now showing as "sold out" over one year in advance, so that price is no longer avail on our cruise for an OV balcony.

There are still B 2s, so I will especially watch prices on that one;) ( before you ask- DD's wanted the boardwalk. Figured they can use our ocean view if they want to see the sea!)

I will have $100 NC OBC and $225 Diamond balcony discount for each cabin, which brings the price down to about what the loss leader interior cabin is advertised for on our cruise and that is something I can be very happy about :D Although we certainly have paid more for other trips and cruises on other lines, I do like to maximize my savings to be competitive with the prevailing rates, rather than just pay more, so I can appreciate your bargain hunting! ( it's the frugal NE way:p!)

We paid just $1200 pp for D1 on Oasis ( for two before adding taxes and subtracting my C&A discount) in the first week of Dec. (which is not a high season) But on that cruise, dear cousin booked to join us six months before sailing and paid about the same fare for an interior stateroom in the bow on 8. Those prices only went up from the time we booked.

I would say, don't hesitate too long, unless you have flexibility to wait till after final payments for the big last minute sales. And those really only work if you 1) don't care about where your cabin is 2) don't have to fly to port 3) don't have a large party to accommodate in cabins together or near each other. 4) are flexible about when you can travel.

We are booked on the Allure for next March 10th, 2013 Western Itinerary. I have never found any wiggle room AT ALL in the actual price of the room, but I did find great On Board Credit opportunities.

The room price for us for two people was $2,735.10 (that's after taxes, etc. added in). That price hasn't wiggled one penny on any sale that I've seen or any travel agency.

HOWEVER, my dad has a spectacular TA who got me $325 OBC (that's total for the room, not per person). I wish I could give you her name and company, but that's not allowed :(

I've thought about looking into a travel agent to get obc but I've always just booked through the cruise line unsure of how a ta works. How much do they typically charge to book you a cruise?

I've thought about looking into a travel agent to get obc but I've always just booked through the cruise line unsure of how a ta works. How much do they typically charge to book you a cruise?

Not one dime! They get their cut through the cruise lines :D

There are some pretty big cruise TA's out there, get on their sale emails and play one-against-the-other. Just keep upping the ante with "This one is giving me this" and "That one is giving me that". They will want written proof (emails) forwarded on, but I played the 2-ends-against-the-middle game until I got my best deal... then I called my dad's TA and said "Beat that"... and she did! (by a whole whopping $25, but still she did beat it and I knew my dad has been very satisfied with her for years, so I trusted her).

GOOD LUCK!!!

the question is difficult to answer..

1-peoples' ideas of a 'best deal' will be different..

2- price depends on a number of things...we could book the exact same cruise..on the same day, same category, same deck, same everything, but the price might be different....it's all yield management...and how/when/where you book...if one person used a TA with group space, someone else cashed in Visa points, another booked direct and gets a D+ balcony discount...

3- you are asking people to give you their best deal on a cruise on a ship over 3 months? prices may well change...fuel is expensive, and while the lines may not tack on a "fuel surcharge" per se, they very well might jack up the price of the cruise overall to cover this.....

so there are too many variables really.

as for using a TA..they should NOT charge to book..BUT MANY charge for changes/cancellations, if you get a lower price and want that, they might charge you to change the fare (provided it falls within the price drop rules..) and then if you get $XXX of OBC they MAY reduce that amount..

OR if you want to change a cabin, some will charge for that....they should NOT charge you a fee to book, though there are some i think, that do..as they tend to really hold your hand and give you white glove service...

You should probably set a budget and when itineraries are released for the time you want, and you find the price you want, book it....

Archived