Do suites have access to Blu?

Jacqueline

Sorry...disagree.....when AQUA Class was established BLU was established also as AQUA's restaurant. I think it's nice that they DO allow Suite guests to come to the restaurant for a small fee on a space available basis, but just because you can afford to book the Penthouse does not mean that you should automatically be "entitled" to get in everywhere.:rolleyes:...there is no logic to this argument. Obviously someone who can afford the Penthouse can ALSO afford the $5.00 per person fee(tip for servers) that Blu charges.......OR they can have their butler serve them dinner "en suite" in their OWN private dining room if the MDR is not to their liking.........:eek: But, BLU is for AQUA and I for one hope it stays that way!!!

I think if you are in the Penthouse you should be able to steer the ship.

What people can afford has nothing to do with it, man I be looking out for these aqua coloured people, with their healthy diets and noses in the air.

And their posts with capital letters.

Hello:

I have spoken before and got shot down. I KNOW the rules are Aqua in Blue with Suites on a space available basis.....But OUR experience has been.......

We did two back to backs one on Solstice and one on Equinox....total 44 days. We we in Suites and ate in blue probably 32 of those days....they held a table for us as suite guests....and we NEVER had any issue getting in. They were kind and welcomed us. Other nights we at in specialty or had food ordered in.

When we spoke to the manager at blue she said...."don't worry, I've got you taken care of" And she did.....

Happy Sails!

Hello:

I have spoken before and got shot down. I KNOW the rules are Aqua in Blue with Suites on a space available basis.....But OUR experience has been.......

We did two back to backs one on Solstice and one on Equinox....total 44 days. We we in Suites and ate in blue probably 32 of those days....they held a table for us as suite guests....and we NEVER had any issue getting in. They were kind and welcomed us. Other nights we at in specialty or had food ordered in.

When we spoke to the manager at blue she said...."don't worry, I've got you taken care of" And she did.....

Happy Sails!

Great to hear, and if we make more noise about it they will let in all high paying passenghers,

Really Aqua Class snobs pay a very small amount more than veranda suites and they have the cheek to still want a whole dining area just to themselves.

Maybe some of them should take their meals in the MDR and free space up for the other passengers.

But.... no we don't like the MDR, we want to be princes and princess's and eat in our own kingdom.

See you in blu soon darlings, yes I know who you are.

Great to hear, and if we make more noise about it they will let in all high paying passenghers,

Really Aqua Class snobs pay a very small amount more than veranda suites and they have the cheek to still want a whole dining area just to themselves.

Maybe some of them should take their meals in the MDR and free space up for the other passengers.

But.... no we don't like the MDR, we want to be princes and princess's and eat in our own kingdom.

See you in blu soon darlings, yes I know who you are.

I wasn't going to respond to your 1st post but this one is different story. Exactly what is your problem with someone who books Aqua, which had Blu designed especially for that type stateroom? Why do you call them snobs? I like Blu, think it's a great venue, book Aqua specifically for it and now I'm a "snob" in your book.

I didn't make the concept, X did. THEY said book Aqua and you get Blu and so we did, we do and we will and if you or anyone thinks that makes me or anyone who opts for this a snob...well it sounds more like some kind of petty jealousy than anything else. I never said anything bad about the MDR, I prefer Blu mostly because it is quieter and I can actually hear my husband talk, sorry if you have a problem with that...

I guess I could start carping about the fact that upper tier suites get a few free passes in the other specialty restaurant that the rest of us in the "steerage" classes don't but I just don't care.....sheesh....

Hello:

Happy Sails!

I think it's great that Suites can dine in Blu when available for the $5.00 per person tip charge....and glad they were able to accommodate you.

I guess I could start carping about the fact that upper tier suites get a few free passes in the other specialty restaurant that the rest of us in the "steerage" classes don't but I just don't care.....sheesh....

Really?? Steerage class? Where's THAT attitude coming from? You been watching Titanic or something?

IMHO, for what a suite costs, it MORE than covers what the cost of a meal or two runs in a specialty restaurant.

Really?? Steerage class? Where's THAT attitude coming from? You been watching Titanic or something?

IMHO, for what a suite costs, it MORE than covers what the cost of a meal or two runs in a specialty restaurant.

I think the attitude comes from the previous post lfrom Bula Squeak which was very elitist and she was right. I don't know what part of Blu was created as part of a whole package of healthy living and not as something to be enjoyed because you paid more money.

I think the attitude comes from the previous post lfrom Bula Squeak which was very elitist and she was right. I don't know what part of Blu was created as part of a whole package of healthy living and not as something to be enjoyed because you paid more money.

Thanks Don, that's exactly where the attitude came from......

No doubt it does, and as I said, I don't care... but to equate those who choose "Aqua" as snobs is also lousy "attitude" and why I said what I did. Being in a suite has its perks, and they're great and I've used them when I was lucky enough to be in one, but I didn't assume I should have others just because I was in a suite.

No doubt it does, and as I said, I don't care... but to equate those who choose "Aqua" as snobs is also lousy "attitude" and why I said what I did.

I agree. It's tacky to call people snobs to begin with (and maybe even more so on a public forum) and that just comes across as "you have a higher cabin category than I do" envy.

I also agree that because Blu was developed in conjunction with the "healthy lifestyles" concept for Aqua cabins, that it's fine to attach a small surcharge for suite guests to eat dinner there on a space-available basis. I for one am hoping that I can check it out on our upcoming cruise (on a space-available basis and paying my $5 surcharge) but if there's no room, I'll be just as happy eating elsewhere. One thing's for sure - it is impossible to starve on a cruise!!! :p

I totally agree with your comments Gracie. From a practical standpoint, Blu was designed to accommodate AQ guests only. If it was open to all suite guests there would be a definite problem. We love Blu but also like the specialty restaurants, which then frees up a space for a suite customer.

We book AQ even though the cabins are smaller than suites and not always in the quietest locations. It is our choice and we are not snobs for making that choice to spend our money on those amenities.

Hope you have fun...and YES we can agree to disagree!!

FYI about late bookings....earlier this week I could've booked the PH on my Equinox cruise for next month for just a bit more than a CS ..... down from over twice that amount a month ago...so the theory about it costing more for last minute bookings really doesn't work with X anymore since they changed their "price drop policy" a year or so ago...... But ENJOY Blu and Aqua!!:)

My comment was more about airfare & limited cabin selection. If you're booking two weeks before sail date, you don't have options in every category, thus usually more than one would prefer to pay. It is what it is. But, if we love it, I think we'll book the next one well in advance.

And, thanks, I'm really looking forward to the ship, Blu and everything in between!! :D

Archived