Do suites have access to Blu?

Jacqueline

Well, that's great news because we just booked a CS for a TA next year. Can you tell me what the breakfast hours are in Blu? Thanks.

These were the hours for us (March 5th Silhouette cruise)

At sea: 8am - 9:30am

In port: 7:30am - 9am

Connie

We would also like to eat at Blu for breakfast, but are in concierge class. Any chance of paying to do that?

Not a chance ... they ask to see your room key when you enter Blu. If it's not that lovely aqua color, then no way Jose. Folks in suites can enter if there's room/tables available and they pay $5pp.

One morning last week on the Silhouette, I personally witnessed a family of 4 (mom, dad, and 2 kids) refused entry. They were very politely told the rules and then they had to leave.

Connie

Not a chance ... they ask to see your room key when you enter Blu. If it's not that lovely aqua color, then no way Jose. Folks in suites can enter if there's room/tables available and they pay $5pp.

Connie

The $5 charge is at dinner. No fee for suite guests to have a Blu brekkie

:confused:So does that mean if you have the Penthouse Suite costing zillions of times more than A-class you can't dine in Blu anytime you want?

Correct this is an issue many suite guests have picked up on - that and that you have to pay for your bottled water but the Aquas get it for free.

The reality is the Maitre D at Blu will try and accomodate the Penthouse and Royal suites in particular but we were in a Royal on Eclipse and a Celebrity on Equinox and neither time could they accomodate us even though we eat at 2030 or later to suit them.

We did however manage to eat in Blu when on our last trip in a Sky suite the boat was less full that sailing

:confused:So does that mean if you have the Penthouse Suite costing zillions of times more than A-class you can't dine in Blu anytime you want?

We were trying to decide between NCL & X for this last minute vacation & knew we'd probably pay more for whatever we could get, but I was so surprised that the PH (which was so $$$$) would not have Haven access. I told the rep they needed to rename it to semi-PH or PHnotsomuch. Why would I pay that much to not get access to everything? Makes no sense.

Anyway, in our case, I'm happily getting ready for our first X cruise! Blu should be for AQ and above. Just like The Haven should be for suites & above.

We were trying to decide between NCL & X for this last minute vacation & knew we'd probably pay more for whatever we could get, but I was so surprised that the PH (which was so $$$$) would not have Haven access. I told the rep they needed to rename it to semi-PH or PHnotsomuch. Why would I pay that much to not get access to everything? Makes no sense.

Anyway, in our case, I'm happily getting ready for our first X cruise! Blu should be for AQ and above. Just like The Haven should be for suites & above.

Sorry...disagree.....when AQUA Class was established BLU was established also as AQUA's restaurant. I think it's nice that they DO allow Suite guests to come to the restaurant for a small fee on a space available basis, but just because you can afford to book the Penthouse does not mean that you should automatically be "entitled" to get in everywhere.:rolleyes:...there is no logic to this argument. Obviously someone who can afford the Penthouse can ALSO afford the $5.00 per person fee(tip for servers) that Blu charges.......OR they can have their butler serve them dinner "en suite" in their OWN private dining room if the MDR is not to their liking.........:eek: But, BLU is for AQUA and I for one hope it stays that way!!!

just because you can afford to book the Penthouse does not mean that you should automatically be "entitled" to get in everywhere.:rolleyes:...there is no logic to this argument. BLU is for AQUA and I for one hope it stays that way!!!

Agree.

Sorry...disagree.....when AQUA Class was established BLU was established also as AQUA's restaurant. I think it's nice that they DO allow Suite guests to come to the restaurant for a small fee on a space available basis, but just because you can afford to book the Penthouse does not mean that you should automatically be "entitled" to get in everywhere.:rolleyes:...there is no logic to this argument. Obviously someone who can afford the Penthouse can ALSO afford the $5.00 per person fee(tip for servers) that Blu charges.......OR they can have their butler serve them dinner "en suite" in their OWN private dining room if the MDR is not to their liking.........:eek: But, BLU is for AQUA and I for one hope it stays that way!!!

I guess we can agree to disagree. Maybe I'll agree with you after I experience my AQ room & all the awesomeness of Blu.

My point is not about affording or entitlement, just what I deem fair. No eye rolling here.

We were, for once, going to really splurge on a much needed vacation & when booking last minute, it's pricey anyway. That being said, I'm thrilled to finally be trying out X and not paying double for a PH on NCL that doesn't offer everything *I* would like to enjoy on my vacation.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Maybe I'll agree with you after I experience my AQ room & all the awesomeness of Blu.

My point is not about affording or entitlement, just what I deem fair. No eye rolling here.

We were, for once, going to really splurge on a much needed vacation & when booking last minute, it's pricey anyway. That being said, I'm thrilled to finally be trying out X and not paying double for a PH on NCL that doesn't offer everything *I* would like to enjoy on my vacation.

Hope you have fun...and YES we can agree to disagree!!

FYI about late bookings....earlier this week I could've booked the PH on my Equinox cruise for next month for just a bit more than a CS ..... down from over twice that amount a month ago...so the theory about it costing more for last minute bookings really doesn't work with X anymore since they changed their "price drop policy" a year or so ago...... But ENJOY Blu and Aqua!!:)

You go girl, good for you. We will be back on Celebrity for the 4/6 Equinox, can't wait.teajak.;)

Archived