Interconnecting doors ~ Are the cabins noisy

A&G

Mari,

Yes I was refering to a large window washing and maintenance machine.:eek: It is clearly visible on any photo I have seen of Summit, it is very large and if anyone had it parked off their balcony I think they would be upset:mad:

Alan

Hi Alan

Looks like you have the same concerns as we do concerning the interconnecting door on the Summit. We too are worried we may have noisy or smoking neighbours. You never know, we could be next to you as we're on the same cruise. If so, I promise we'll be quiet.

Ali

Mari,

Yes I was refering to a large window washing and maintenance machine.:eek: It is clearly visible on any photo I have seen of Summit, it is very large and if anyone had it parked off their balcony I think they would be upset:mad:

Alan

Hi Alan,

I agree I would be upset as well. I haven't been on the Summit yet, but will be in October. I have been on the Infinity and Millennium her sister ships, but never noticed a window washing machine. I'll have to look! We're usually in the aft balconies, so it's never been a problem.

I hope your cabin works out okay.

Mari

SusieV...thanks for stopping by. Tell me, did your cabin have an interconnecting door. Although I see your Summit cruise was a honeymmon so I doubt you would remeber something like that. Maybe we should ask your cruise neighbours about noise !! (hee, hee):D :D

Alan

6135 has a connecting door what I would like from Susie is how big is the balcony and the room? I am booked in 6136 and my brother and wife are in 6135 the deck plans show a large balcony (and the connecting doors) but nowhere can I find the cabin sq ft or the balcony Emailed Captains club and they gave me the generic CC measurements:(

Hope noise isn't to bad but couldn't pass up what appears to be large balconies and no aft cabins were available at the time

Maybe those with noisy neighbours would have heard the noise anyway, interconnecting door or no interconnecting door.

Maybe we should just ask the question, was you cabin noisy? Did you hear your neighbour?

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On Celebrity Summit the connecting doors are noisy. We moved cabins before the cruise but our table mates and a CC member on the roll call did not ask to be moved and said the cabin was noisy. They complained and crew came and sealed the door opening with duct tape. They said it was better but they could still hear noise.

Archived