Interconnecting doors ~ Are the cabins noisy

A&G

We had cabin 6135 on the Infinity and did not have any problem with noise. I belive it really depends on WHO has the adjoining cabin and if they are "party animals". (if I remember correctly our adjoining suite had 2 middle age ladies who must have been librarians!)

Just off the Mercury in March. No problems with the interconnecting doors. I don't know if the people next door were that quiet, but we never heard a thing.

We were on deck 12.

Enjoy!

Kel

wW had a cabin with an interconnecting door on our last galaxy cruise. The family next to us had 3 children. We never heard a sound. Perhaps the children were sedated?:confused: Oh no wait, maybe we were sedated. Love those Martinis!!!:D

There is a definite problem when someone smokes next door to you. We had to vacate our stateroom on a cruise because of all the second hand smoke. The hallway leading to the stateroom was so bad that the line tried to mask it with another smell.We won't take a connecting cabin anymore.

We had interconnecting doors on the Summit and I could hear if they sneezed. I mean it literally because the guy next door had a cold. I would never book a cabin with inter connecting doors again!

We had a room with interconnecting doors on the Constellation. I believe it was deck 8 or 9 near the front of the ship. About 8 days into the cruise we asked the cabin steward if the room was empty. We never heard a thing and we go to bed early.

We also had a connecting cabin on Panorama Deck on Summit, and it was the noisiest cabin I've ever had. We could hear EVERYTHING the people next door said and every word of their phone conversations to their grandchildren. In that particular cabin there was a big gap at the side and bottom of the door. We also heard a lot of noise from the hallway.

We liked Summit and are sailing her again in September, but when we selected our room, the first thing we did was make sure it wasn't a connecting stateroom. I'm sure they're not all like the one we had, but we're not taking any chances.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post this again just in case there are any Summit cruisers who may have a comment. I doubt we can change the room now but maybe it is worth a go. Problem is we could change for the worse, we read a bad luck story where a cleaning gantry was parked outside this couples balcony on Summit. :eek: They asked for it to be moved but was told that is where it is parked. They believe their room was not marked as an "obstructed view"

Cheers

Alan

Alan - good news, bad news answer...we had connecting cabins on the Summit in Alaska last summer. We had originally planned to have our kids next door, but then moved them with my mom to an FV cabin, but we couldn't change ours. The noise does go through quite easily. We heard conversation, coughing, tv, phone, etc. But you can get lucky as we did and have neighbors who are hardly ever around. Are there no other cabins in your category left? If not, I would just try calling back constantly in case anything opens up - that's how we got the FV.

Which wall is the door located - the t.v. or the vanity?

Between the TV and the Vanity. We were in cabin 9192 and thats were it was. We did not notice any real noise but maybe we had good neighbors.

Hope this helps. AL.D

We did not find TV, talking to be a problem but when either room had their balcony door open the wind whistling was annoying. We finally agreed with the people in the adjoining cabin to keep the balcony doors closed overnight.

A compromise because both cabins enjoyed them open when at sea.

JE

I thought I would post this again just in case there are any Summit cruisers who may have a comment. I doubt we can change the room now but maybe it is worth a go. Problem is we could change for the worse, we read a bad luck story where a cleaning gantry was parked outside this couples balcony on Summit. :eek: They asked for it to be moved but was told that is where it is parked. They believe their room was not marked as an "obstructed view"

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

I've seen a cleaning unit parked in the hallway outside of one's cabin, but never on one's balcony. I don't understand how that would be possible?

Anyone know?

Mari

tabasco - the two times we've been on the Summit our room has had the tv and the vanity/desk on the same wall. The door between the two cabins has been on that same wall. Maybe it differs in different types of cabins. We were on deck 9 in CC cabins.

Hi Alan,

I've seen a cleaning unit parked in the hallway outside of one's cabin, but never on one's balcony. I don't understand how that would be possible?

Anyone know?

Mari

I think he means the window washing apparatus. We were concerned about getting this "parked" outside our room as well (on the Summit), but fortunately an aft balcony opened up.:)

Archived