Quest November 7th??

TerryAndDoug

Hello Palamoh -

God bless Andy for his dedication!

I promise to get back to you when I have factual information to report. It should be soon.

Until then, we appreciate your continued patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Dear Bill,

For this our Special Wedding Aniversary Year, we decided to book the Valentine Offer Package for "Quest" Islands in the Sun, November7th-18th 2012. Yet only five weeks later it would appear that this itinerary/length of cruise is about to changed. This would be our Eighth cruise with Azamara, and if this happens we will be most disappointed, and at present very frustrated with lack of information.

Furthermore we had to book a cruise only package, as otherwise, with Azamara it would have entailed three flights from the UK to Seville,Spain. The winter schedule for flights from our local UK airport were announced on Thursday 22nd March and therefore we booked return flights, only on 23rd, to find out that there were messages on CC about possible changes. We e-mailed Azamara UK on 24th and received a reply on 26th which stated that "management confirmed that the cruise was not about to be cancelled?" If there are changes please advise how it affect our flight arrangements and will we be compensated for loss of any flights.

John & Caroline

Dear Bill,

For this our Special Wedding Aniversary Year, we decided to book the Valentine Offer Package for "Quest" Islands in the Sun, November7th-18th 2012. Yet only five weeks later it would appear that this itinerary/length of cruise is about to changed. This would be our Eighth cruise with Azamara, and if this happens we will be most disappointed, and at present very frustrated with lack of information.

Furthermore we had to book a cruise only package, as otherwise, with Azamara it would have entailed three flights from the UK to Seville,Spain. The winter schedule for flights from our local UK airport were announced on Thursday 22nd March and therefore we booked return flights, only on 23rd, to find out that there were messages on CC about possible changes. We e-mailed Azamara UK on 24th and received a reply on 26th which stated that "management confirmed that the cruise was not about to be cancelled?" If there are changes please advise how it affect our flight arrangements and will we be compensated for loss of any flights.

John & Caroline

Hi John and Caroline,

I really hope that you will be on Quest for your special anniversary. I know you love Quest almost as much as I do! :D

Hazel (Spursgirl) and I only booked this cruise last week too - it has been very difficult finding a date that fitted in with work and other commitments for us both, so we will be very unhappy if this cruise is cancelled. I think we could cope with a slightly shorter cruise - but not if there are no interesting ports to see.

I would be happy to miss out Lanzarote though - not my favourite place!

Let's hope we all get to meet again on Quest in November.

And Bill.......how much longer before we have some definite info please?

We all need to make different arrangements if this cruise is substantially changed, as I'm sure you appreciate.

Also I do have to say that I would have appreciated an email from Azamara last week informing me of the possible cruise cancellation and developments......I found out from Cruise Critic! :(

Once again......the onboard Azamara experience is fantastic and amazing, with the best crew at sea......but I'm afraid Shoreside Operations still leave a lot to be desired! All we want is some information please.

Hi Bill,

I can see your light is green so you are online.

I am sure you have been reading our posts on the Nov 7th Roll Call.....and can understand that we are all very anxious for some clarification about what is happening with our cruise.

Are we cancelled altogether? Redeployed? Itinerary or Date changes?

Really hoping to get some info from Azamara soon.

Hi everyone,

Goodness this is frustrating isn't it?

I had my third call from Azamara yesterday to tell me despite talking to 'an analyst' in Miami she had no definite news for me.

Yes the lady in question (Amber) is charming and tries to be helpful but this lack of information is driving me mad.

I really do feel that Royal Caribbean international ought to invest in crisis training for their telesales people (are you reading this Bill?) because they are totally unable to handle any situation away from the norm.

We all love Azamara as soon as we get on the ship (this will be my seventh trip with them) but the shoreside operation needs to smarten up on both sides of the pond.

Hopefully we will get the news we want soon

Ciao

Hazel

Hi everyone,

Goodness this is frustrating isn't it?

I had my third call from Azamara yesterday to tell me despite talking to 'an analyst' in Miami she had no definite news for me.

Ciao

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

You're so right aboit it being frustrating! I can't believe they can't tell us something - even whether it's being cancelled or just an itinerary change. :confused::mad:

You've actually had phone calls from Azamara? I think the rest of us on the Roll Call for this cruise have not. We only know there is an issue because of our conversations on CC and our own calls to our TAs or Azamara.

Tammy

Yes, I would love to know something.

We are interested in taking advantage of the five day sale that Azamara has running for Asia, but we can not do anything until we find out what is happening with this cruise. We have paid our air through Choice Air and we have our deposits paid for the cruise.

The silence has been deafening.

I know what you mean, there are several lines having sales ending this weekend---arrrrggg! I would hope that if our cruise is cancelled they would AT LEAST give us the Az sale prices after it's over, just to keep our business. We have Choiceair too and their insurance (I think its w/Berkeley)

Hi Bill,

Will this be another week-end in Limbo, surely somewhere management should have made a decision by now. Whether the cruise is on or off, and if on, has the length of the cruise has been shortened, or are we waiting for the Cadiz Dry Dock's input????????????

John & Caroline

I'm trying to remain patient and optimistic that whatever is happening will somehow result in another fantastic cruise experience, but the longer we go with no communication from Azamara it's harder and harder to remain confident in Azamara. I have resisted the temptation to call, as it's apparent that there is no consistency in the information other callers are being given.

Doug

Dear November 7th Azamara Followers:

On behalf of Azamara, I'm very sorry that we haven't been able to respond sooner about the circumstances of this voyage and that you're finding yourselves now in a state of "limbo." We would like to clarify that while the voyage has been closed for review, it has NOT been cancelled. I apologize for your angst and sincerely thank you for your patience.

Since this 11-night Azamara Quest voyage from Seville - Malaga, is the last before the vessel begins its originally scheduled dry-dock in Cadiz, Spain, November 18-December 1,2012, we find that we will be required to reduce its length to allow extra days needed in dry-dock. This is, unfortunately, a more time consuming process than was anticipated, but we are finalizing all details and will be able to provide the complete information early next week about the revised itineraries and our displacement offers.

I'm sorry for not being able to give you even a hint of the number of days that will be needed. I trust that this update will recharge your diminishing amount of patience knowing that an answer will be forthcoming.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Thank you for getting back to us. I know you don't have details on the shortened cruise, but it is highly unlikely that we would take a 3rd Azamara cruise out of Europe this year if it is shortened. Our travel time with multiple connections just makes it a bit too far to travel for a shorter period of time.

That being said, we would like to book a 2013 Asia cruise that is offered on sale this week. The sale will end before we will be advised of the changes and options. Is there a possibility that the sale period will be extended? We are unwilling to book another cruise until the November cruise is resolved.

Thank you,

Lauri

Bill,

Thank you for getting back to us. I know you don't have details on the shortened cruise, but it is highly unlikely that we would take a 3rd Azamara cruise out of Europe this year if it is shortened. Our travel time with multiple connections just makes it a bit too far to travel for a shorter period of time.

That being said, we would like to book a 2013 Asia cruise that is offered on sale this week. The sale will end before we will be advised of the changes and options. Is there a possibility that the sale period will be extended? We are unwilling to book another cruise until the November cruise is resolved.

Thank you,

Lauri

Hello Lauri -

Thank you for your understanding. I'm in the processing of securing a response about whether the expiration date for the 2013 Asia sale can be extended.

Please stand by and I will respond as soon as I have a decision.

Good evening and regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Thank you for checking on the sale. I do understand that itineraries change and if the changes work for us, yahoo. If they don't, there are two great trips we are looking at for next year and we already have a May and July cruise booked on Azamara this year.

Thanks again,

Lauri

Bill,

Thank you,

Lauri

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for that info. It's nice to know there is glimmer of hope that this will still work out. I have the same question as Lauri, only regarding the 2012 Europe Program sale that is being offered until 3/31.

Thanks,

Tammy

On behalf of Azamara, I'm very sorry that we haven't been able to respond sooner about the circumstances of this voyage and that you're finding yourselves now in a state of "limbo." We would like to clarify that while the voyage has been closed for review, it has NOT been cancelled. I apologize for your angst and sincerely thank you for your patience.

Since this 11-night Azamara Quest voyage from Seville - Malaga, is the last before the vessel begins its originally scheduled dry-dock in Cadiz, Spain, November 18-December 1,2012, we find that we will be required to reduce its length to allow extra days needed in dry-dock. This is, unfortunately, a more time consuming process than was anticipated, but we are finalizing all details and will be able to provide the complete information early next week about the revised itineraries and our displacement offers.

I'm sorry for not being able to give you even a hint of the number of days that will be needed. I trust that this update will recharge your diminishing amount of patience knowing that an answer will be forthcoming.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the update, Bill. I'll look forward to hearing the details early next week and hope that if the revised cruise wasn't meant to be for us, then Azamara will offer us a similar booking on another Fall European cruise.

I am still curious why Azamara representatives weren't given the above information to share with those who have contacted them about this cruise, instead of answering with a variety of answers, mostly inaccurate.

...Still hoping to be on the Quest this Fall....

Thanks,

Doug

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Well....eventually we have some information! :)

Thank you for that Bill, but I have to say that I am at a loss to see why that statement from Azamara could not have been given a week ago.

However, it is good news for some of us that the cruise has not been cancelled altogether and that we may have the opportunity to "say goodbye" to our original Quest before her refurb.

As I live in the UK, a shortened cruise should be possible for myself and my friends, depending on itinerary and price.

I do feel so sorry for the poor American guests who will not be able to make a shorter cruise. They have all been so good humoured about having their cruise cancelled/altered itineraries/shortened duration - not once but twice!

Anyway let's be positive that we will hear further details soon and that some of us will be meeting up at the CC Meet and Mingle in November.:)

Thank you once again Bill.

Dear Bill,

Thankyou for responding, we look forward to the completed information concerning "Quest" with duration of cruise length, revised itinerary & displacement offer, week commencing April 1st.

John & Caroline

Sorry about that Host Andy! It got my Irish up! :rolleyes:

No worries. Believe me, I feel for you and everyone who is booked for this sailing, and I'm sure that everyone wants to know the outcome, but we must be patient, as Azamara is dealing with the Quest situation at the moment. My guess is, this may delay the final decision somewhat. I stress this is unconfirmed, but it makes sense.

Hopefully, we'll hear from Azamara shortly.

No worries. Believe me, I feel for you and everyone who is booked for this sailing, and I'm sure that everyone wants to know the outcome, but we must be patient, as Azamara is dealing with the Quest situation at the moment. My guess is, this may delay the final decision somewhat. I stress this is unconfirmed, but it makes sense.

Hopefully, we'll hear from Azamara shortly.

I'm good with that. The safety and well being of others far out weight our situation. Thanks again for your help.

Mary

Archived