E Docs are Ready

rwams

That's all I print out -- along with 2 luggage tags for each of us.

Some people like to print out the entire 9 pages or so because they want a copy of the contract.

When we check in at the pier -- no one for a couple of yeears has looked at that Signature Boarding Pass nor have they been collected.

I printed out the whole thing for one of us, and the first page for the other. I think next time, I'll also just print the first "boarding pass" page.

As for getting them checked at the pier....it can be hit or miss. In some cases, at some ports, they will not let you even enter the port without them. If you don't have them with you, they will send you aside, and call in to the terminal to have them look you up, to see if you're on the manifest, before they will let you in.

On my last cruise, (on Celebrity), the 'boarding pass' page included both of us on one pass. Saves ink and paper, but if for some reason you need to arrive separately, it could cause a hastle, as outlined above....

Just print out the first page and your lugage tags. I think if you print out the whole thing it is like 9 pages. I'm sorry but its just a waste of paper. So exciting when you get this notice, it won't be long and your cruise will be here.

Have a great cruise.

I received an email today informing me that my e docs are ready, after viewing them, do I only need the 1st page of them?

Yes, all you need is page 1. The rest is nice to have if you like to have EVERYTHING, or some of it can be good to give to friends or family not going with you (like the itinerary, etc) but you only NEED the 1 page.

According to HAL, you DON'T have to print out ANYTHING! Since you already entered in ALL your personal and immigration info online for the check-in, they already have your info during boarding when you arrive.

Of course, that's what HAL CSR's have told me, I haven't tried it (yet).

Matter of fact, here's the e-mail from HAL about it:

Dear Mr.[section9],

Attached are the boarding passes and luggage tags for your cruise. You may board the ship without the boarding pass as we do have your immigration information. In addition, we have ship luggage tags available at pier.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Holland America Line

According to HAL, you DON'T have to print out ANYTHING! Since you already entered in ALL your personal and immigration info online for the check-in, they already have your info during boarding when you arrive.

That's correct. Sometimes, though, you need to show the boarding pass to get past security and get into the port.

Page one can be helpful for that.

When we check in at the pier -- no one for a couple of yeears has looked at that Signature Boarding Pass nor have they been collected.

According to HAL, you DON'T have to print out ANYTHING!

That's correct. Sometimes, though, you need to show the boarding pass to get past security and get into the port.
On Mar 12th we needed to show the Boarding Passes at the PEG security gate and to get into the pier 21 terminal building, but not at the check-in counter. We drove in our own car, and it may be different at the port gate if you are in a taxi or bus.

We do not print anything. We keep a note of our booking reference number but that is all. We complete the usual on line information.

HAL and others only really care that you have a passport, a credit card with enough room for the holdback, a reservation, and of course do not have any health symptoms that may preclude you from booking.

On Mar 12th we needed to show the Boarding Passes at the PEG security gate and to get into the pier 21 terminal building, but not at the check-in counter. We drove in our own car, and it may be different at the port gate if you are in a taxi or bus.
Very true you can always run into security that has a bug up his/her rear and decides to make up rules.

..........On my last cruise, (on Celebrity), the 'boarding pass' page included both of us on one pass. Saves ink and paper, but if for some reason you need to arrive separately, it could cause a hastle, as outlined above....
That is why we find it worth taking a couple of seconds and one additional sheet of paper to print a second copy.

Also nice to have it as backup in case the original should be misplaced or accidentally dropped in a puddle.

But even without it, there is absolutely no need to panic as you will still be allowed to board. Having it to show just helps to expedite the process.

Archived