You learn something new every day!

Just spoke to a c&a lady (very nice, Lisa was her name) I enquired about possibly booking a suite guarantee , and she said that because we were travelling as a trio (3 ladies) that they do not do give guarantees for suites because all suites cannot accomodate 3 people, I did not know that! But now I do, lesson learned, just thought I'd share.:)

You cannot book any type of guarantee cabin if there are 3 passengers.

That's good to know. I was considering booking a guarantee for our family of four, but if it's not possible, I'll just book the aft balcony we want then.

I don't think this is correct. I had a GS Guarantee on courtesy hold just last week for 4 people on Allure. I have also done a JS Guarantee for 3 in the past. I think they may be more difficult to come by and may only be offered when there are still lots of suites left on a particular sailing but they are out there.

Quasi related question: Can you book a guarantee and request that the cabins be next to each other? We have 2 balcony rooms booked (one for us, one for kids) that are connecting. Would love to upgrade to JS if they come available but would want them connecting or close. If the reservations are linked, do they try to give you rooms close or does the linking not matter. (does that make sense?:confused:)

Quasi related question: Can you book a guarantee and request that the cabins be next to each other? We have 2 balcony rooms booked (one for us, one for kids) that are connecting. Would love to upgrade to JS if they come available but would want them connecting or close. If the reservations are linked, do they try to give you rooms close or does the linking not matter. (does that make sense?:confused:)

To the best of my knowledge this is not possible. Guarantee means you are guaranteed a minimum cabin type but beyond that you get what you get...

While it's not the norm there are occasions where guarantees are available for triples and quads. It just depends on the ship and the cabins still available. Explorer June 2 to Bermuda has X Guarantee balcony for both triples and quads.

Yes, but it's the guarantee option that's not always available to buy for people over a quantity of 2 , the lady I spoke to did not make any differentiation between ships, she inferred that one cannot book a guarantee for more than two people ,period. Maybe she's wrong, but that's what I was told.....

The Oasis ships do offer suite guarantees for both 3 & 4 passengers sometimes, I snagged one for 3 on the Allure when they popped up but they didn't last long.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I dont think so....

A couple of summers ago RCI had really good fares for Gtd cabins. We needed three cabins two of which for our kids then ages 12 through 17. Rci would not let me book gtd because they could not ensure the cabins were together. However, it is inconsistant, as last summer the rep let me book GTd cabins and after they were assigned I called back and had the cabins moved together. It boils down to your comfort level in taking the risk.

I dont think so....

A couple of summers ago RCI had really good fares for Gtd cabins. We needed three cabins two of which for our kids then ages 12 through 17. Rci would not let me book gtd because they could not ensure the cabins were together. However, it is inconsistant, as last summer the rep let me book GTd cabins and after they were assigned I called back and had the cabins moved together. It boils down to your comfort level in taking the risk.

THanks. That's kinda what I thought but figured I'd ask to be sure. Since we are sailing over Christmas break, my guess is it will be moot anyway since I have not seen any guarantees available as of yet. Thanks again for the info.:)

Archived