Cheating on Oceania - Why do I feel guilty?

sldispatcher

Okay, so I am on a cruise..right now...and feel like I'm cheating on Oceania. WHY?

I've only sailed with them once.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I see several instances already where Oceania deserves the premium they charge. Sigh.

Hope this finds all you Omaniacs in great spirits and planning your next cruise! Hope none of you are cheating like I am going to be doing this year....3 times!

David

Okay, so I am on a cruise..right now...and feel like I'm cheating on Oceania. WHY?

I've only sailed with them once.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I see several instances already where Oceania deserves the premium they charge. Sigh.

Hope this finds all you Omaniacs in great spirits and planning your next cruise! Hope none of you are cheating like I am going to be doing this year....3 times!

David

Dont ruin your present cruise by comparing..enjoy each day where you are..there are more days ahead for cruising on Oceania..and she does get better and better..looking forward to the Christening on Riviera the invitation is GORGEOUS!!

Jancruz1

Yes, I am blogging......

..and not trying to compare..but can't help it.

I am enjoying this one....all lines tend to do some touches or things better than others I suppose based on what the individual passenger sees as important.

Hope you enjoy the christening and maiden voyage!

Hope to be on the Riviera in January, so that will cure the cheating heart that I have :)

You should feel ashamed of yourself ;)

Hope you see the error of your ways soon or maybe you have already :D:D

No other cruise line is like O & hard to go back to mainstream lines after an O cruise

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

Despite what others might think on this board, O is not without it own faults. In fact, in my opinion O is not worth the extra cost. I am going back to Celebrity. Yes, most of you will think I am sluming but who cares

You have us all on edge, what line are you on?

As that might be percieved as promoting another line as though I am a plant, I'd prefer not to say. I appreciate the idea that many people thought I was rather fair with my first round of reporting on Oceania. Although some thought I should have "gotten something for it"..I assure you that I did not.

I just had to vent to Omaniacs about my overall guilt feeling. I knew some, but obviously not all, would appreciate the thought.

David

As that might be percieved as promoting another line as though I am a plant, I'd prefer not to say.

David

I am not sure what your point is ..if you want to sail on X that is your choice

I took your OP as a joke

Your money feel free to spend it on any cruise line you wish ;)

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

You should feel ashamed of yourself ;)

Hope you see the error of your ways soon or maybe you have already :D:D

No other cruise line is like O & hard to go back to mainstream lines after an O cruise

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

We really love O and cruise often with her, but she isn't always available when or where we want to go. So...cruising on other lines can be just as enjoyable. There is something for everyone and thank goodness we aren't all alike. Variety really is the spice of life whether it's cruises or the people who take cruises.

~Doris~

We really love O and cruise often with her, but she isn't always available when or where we want to go. So...cruising on other lines can be just as enjoyable. There is something for everyone and thank goodness we aren't all alike. Variety really is the spice of life whether it's cruises or the people who take cruises.

~Doris~

I was joking

see the :D:D

Okay...I did have an enjoyable cruise, but it was nowhere near what the 'O' cruise was like. It took 3 days to quit comparing. Of course, when you compare dollar to dollar, they were more than comparable.

Overall, there are so many different components to a cruise that makes up what is and what is not enjoyable that I really don't know how one gets past any subjective qualifiers.

The tongue in cheek remark that started this campy thread was to simply put in perspective the difference between mass market and "upper premium". Oceania had a family quality to it that was unmistakable to me. Now that could have easily been lost on someone else.

The real truth of the matter is that I was shopping 'O' itineraries before I even came home.

For me, there IS a difference. Did I have fun on the current cruise? Sure! Would I go again? Certainly. Price and itinerary have certain demands that must be met by all parties.

But if you ask me my first preference? Oceania.

I hope 'O' forgives me and takes me back.

Okay...I did have an enjoyable cruise, but it was nowhere near what the 'O' cruise was like. It took 3 days to quit comparing. Of course, when you compare dollar to dollar, they were more than comparable.

Now that could have easily been lost on someone else.

The real truth of the matter is that I was shopping 'O' itineraries before I even came home.

For me, there IS a difference. Did I have fun on the current cruise? Sure! Would I go again? Certainly. Price and itinerary have certain demands that must be met by all parties.

But if you ask me my first preference? Oceania.

I hope 'O' forgives me and takes me back.

I am very sure Oceania will welcome you back with open arms!:D

Archived