Bottled Water?

Charlie'sPet

Water from the tap and at the lido is free. Bottled water was at a cost. There's no water card (like the soda card). My memory is getting short, but I think the small bottle was $1.95 and the large bottle was around $3 or $3.95 (?).

The Westerdam offered a still and sparkling water at dinner for $3 and $1 for a second bottle. My friend bought the sparkling every night--she wouldn't drink water on the ship or shore. It was decanted in a glass bottle with a plastic cap. I think it was mostly available in the main dining room. That's where I remember seeing it.

They also had small and large bottled water available throughout the ship for a fee.

You might consider taking a travel filter like a Britta bottle, if it makes more sense for you.

You can also bring bottled water on board with you. I believe that there is no limit as to how much water you can bring. You may, however, be surprised at how good the water on the ship tastes. I find that the water at the Lido tastes just like bottled water to me and I am also a very fussy water drinker. I don't drink the water from the tap in my cabin.

Although everyone says the water on the ship is good to drink, I do not agree.

I am also fussy about the water I drink and although the water may start out ok, by the time it reaches coming out of a tap it has run through various pipes which can taint the water.

If you buy bottled water onboard, as with everywhere else, make sure it is served to you sealed.

Although everyone says the water on the ship is good to drink, I do not agree.

I am also fussy about the water I drink and although the water may start out ok, by the time it reaches coming out of a tap it has run through various pipes which can taint the water.

How many pipes have the bottled water run through before it gets into the bottle? ;)

First time cruiser here. What are my water options? Do they offer bottled water cards like the sodas? What brand is the water?

I'm hopelessly picky about my water. :rolleyes:

CP

I bring my own bottles of water on board. When I get to the docks, I slap a luggage tag on it and they bring it to my room. Same with my soda. I'd rather spend the money on something else than buying this onboard.

You may, however, be surprised at how good the water on the ship tastes. I find that the water at the Lido tastes just like bottled water to me and I am also a very fussy water drinker. I don't drink the water from the tap in my cabin.

I've usually found taste to not be a big issue with ship tap water. For me, the salt content of the water is what gets me. I could be sensitive to it, but drinking the tap water makes me swell up so badly that I can't fit into my shoes or clothes by the end of the week. A few cruises ago, we tried to drink bottled water whenever possible and noticed a huge difference. Now, we bring a couple cases of bottled water with us and I only bloat when I eat too much yummy food! :D

Archived