My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I'manewbie

I've just been reunited with my passport! YAY for FEDEX and my great neighbor! Tomorrow I will (hopefully) be reunited with my family and you can bet I will be singing some Peaches and Herb!

Thank you all for your support!

I've just been reunited with my passport! YAY for FEDEX and my great neighbor! Tomorrow I will (hopefully) be reunited with my family and you can bet I will be singing some Peaches and Herb!

Thank you all for your support!

Thank you for keeping us up to date. Happy sailing.

Bless your heart! I would have had to have been sedated. It is so refreshing to hear that you took it (more or less) in stride.

I had a close call a few years ago. We had travelled across the border to Canada with my husband's sister and her husband. After coming back into the US, I had all four passports in my hand, gave them the two I thought were theirs and thought nothing of it.

We were going on a cruise a few weeks later. About a week after we got home from Canada I got a call from my DH's sister. She jokingly told me to look at our passports. I had my husband's OK, but I also had HER husband's. Somehow I had mixed them up. Had we got to the dock with the wrong passport, my loving husband would have murdered me.

"Bless your heart! I would have had to have been sedated. It is so refreshing to hear that you took it (more or less) in stride."

There was a very nice older gentleman - he either worked for NCL or the Terminal itself, who was trying to console me and the boys while my hubby was on the help desk's laptop making my plane reservation. The gentleman kept asking me if there was anything he could do for me and all I could think of was Xanax (which I don't take and normally would not need to take) Unfortunately, that was not in his bag tricks. When my hubby came back to say I had a reservation on Wednesday morning and all would be fine, the gentleman and my boys were high fiving each other. I'm sorry I didn't get his name, but he helped a lot!

"My heart aches for you, but all will work out and when you board order a big pitcher of DOD put your feet up and enjoy."

I'm intrigued...what is DOD? What I know about alcoholic drinks pretty much begins and ends with low carb beer!

"My heart aches for you' date=' but all will work out and when you board order a big pitcher of DOD put your feet up and enjoy."[/b']

I'm intrigued...what is DOD? What I know about alcoholic drinks pretty much begins and ends with low carb beer!

Drink of the Day...pitcher of low carb beer will do the trick as well after all this I'm sure. Enjoy either way!:)

"My heart aches for you' date=' but all will work out and when you board order a big pitcher of DOD put your feet up and enjoy."[/b']

I'm just going to take a guess at "drink of the day"

Oh my god, I am so sorry to hear about it and I feel so sad about it but I am glad that you managed to get there and what a nice neighbour helped you out too...

I wish you have a lovely times and forget what happened ... Relax with husband and the boys...

Scottishwee35

A passport book is needed when flying into or out of a foreign country, passport cards cannot be used for that. Cards can be used on a cruise leaving from and returning to the same US port. God forbid if you have to leave the ship in a foreign country and need to fly home, you need a passport book - a card will not get you home.

I take the passport book, but my passport card is always in my wallet, in the OP's situtation of a Tampa to Tampa cruise, the CARD would have gotten her on the cruise.

Bon Voyage......... and remember fortune favours the brave and dignified. Thanks for not demanding an upgrade or obc or compensation for your unfortunate error, unlike one or two other posters in the past!

OP, at first I was not going to read this thread, because I thought it was one to bash NCL for something. However, after reading it, I was soooo glad I did! Your positive attitude was refreshing, and I am very glad everything has worked out. I hope you write a review of your cruise, because I am sure you will have nothing but wonderful things to say about it after what you have been through to get there.

OP, I was not going to read this thread, because I thought it was another one to bash NCL for something insignificant. However, I am soooo glad I did! Your positive attitude about the whole ordeal was refreshing. I am glad you got your passport in time, and I wish you a wonderful vacation with your family. I hope you post a review of your cruise, as I am sure that you will have nothing but good things to say about it especially after what you have had to go through to get there.

I am always so paranoid about losing my passport that I always carry my BC and drivers liscense in a separate bag. Just in case.

I have to agree with everyone that you have handled this situation very well and I hope you have the best cruise ever. Good luck.

I am so sorry you are going through this! You know this will be a family story for years to come.

Believe it or not I have had not one but TWO close instances with our documents. First time I just plain forgot to packet them...thankfully, we were just over a 3hr drive from port and had driven in the night before. We drove all night, but were able to get back in enough time to make our ship (albeit with no sleep!).

The second time was when my daughter was a baby. I thought I'd ordered her birth certificate only to realize on a Saturday (our ship left on a Sunday) that I'd never gotten it. I showed up with a stack of papers an inch thick of hospital documents, including a keepsake "birth certificate". That was the magic ticket to get us on the ship....although imigration sure gave me the stink eye when we came back to the US.

Needless to say, I now check for my documents at least 100 times before each trip (and am sure you probably will now too).

Hope you have a safe and uneventful flight to Belize tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes!

Needless to say, I now check for my documents at least 100 times before each trip (and am sure you probably will now too).

And more importantly, do an early check on all your documents so that you have time to get them updated should you find that your credit cards, passports, etc are close to expiring.

This has been my recurring nightmare. I think because I bear the entire responsibility of booking, planning and reserving the entire trips that we take that I have an underlying worry that I will forget the most important detail. :( I am so glad you made the best out of a very stressful situation!

Oh I am so glad you got your passport!!! And like the others, I am rooting for you! You have an amazing outlook and instead of turning around and going home - you sent your boys and you are going to make the most of it. I wish you safe travels on the next leg of your journey! And I will be looking for an update when you get back.

Archived