My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I'manewbie

I've just been reunited with my passport! YAY for FEDEX and my great neighbor! Tomorrow I will (hopefully) be reunited with my family and you can bet I will be singing some Peaches and Herb!

Thank you all for your support!

Wishing you a safe flight, a very happy reunion with your family and a fantastic cruise! :D

hey,

First off I am so sorry to hear about what happened... I probably would have died.

Second, I thought that with the Closed circuit transportation legislation. You did not need a passport if your ship was leaving from and returning to the same port. All you need, is a birth certificate, and sign a release paper. If you didnt have your birth certificate. They are available at a vital statistics office in Tampa... Did NCL offer this to you?

My passport was left on the printer once. Luckily we discovered it before going to DFW for an overseas flight. It was recovered from our home and back 40 miles with very little time to spare. I still remember that feeling. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

You have an unbelievably wonderful attitude and that in itself is a gift to your family. What a wonderful example for your boys!

Obviously you have a neighbor who is also a friend. So glad you were able to come up with a "plan B".

Safe journey to reunite with your family. Wishing you many wonderful memories!!!

You can do a closed loop cruise with a raised seal Birth Certificate and a photo

Just a tiny little correction. Some jurisdictions do not issue raised seal birth certificates. If I recall correctly, New York City is one of these. An officially issued certificate is required, which often does have a raised seal, but not always.

I'm sitting in the Miami Airport waiting for my connecting flight to Belize - it's on time! If all goes well, I should be there in 3 1/2 hours --- fingers crossed and prayers are appreciated!

I'll write again when I'm back in Tampa on Sunday after the cruise - and i promise you I will not be writing on the small size of the lobster or the worn carpets - just get me to my three guys and I will be a happy camper!

Thanks all for being here - you've all helped so much!

I'm sitting in the Miami Airport waiting for my connecting flight to Belize - it's on time! If all goes well' date=' I should be there in 3 1/2 hours --- fingers crossed and prayers are appreciated!

I'll write again when I'm back in Tampa on Sunday after the cruise - and i promise you I will not be writing on the small size of the lobster or the worn carpets - just get me to my three guys and I will be a happy camper!

Thanks all for being here - you've all helped so much![/quote']

My fingers, toes and anything else I can cross for you are crossed and lots of prayers going your way. Soon you will be reunited with your DH and boys.

I'm sitting in the Miami Airport waiting for my connecting flight to Belize - it's on time! If all goes well' date=' I should be there in 3 1/2 hours --- fingers crossed and prayers are appreciated!

Thanks all for being here - you've all helped so much![/quote']

Good luck, have an awesome 1/2 cruise!

hey,

First off I am so sorry to hear about what happened... I probably would have died.

Second, I thought that with the Closed circuit transportation legislation. You did not need a passport if your ship was leaving from and returning to the same port. All you need, is a birth certificate, and sign a release paper. If you didnt have your birth certificate. They are available at a vital statistics office in Tampa... Did NCL offer this to you?

But if she wasn't born in Florida that wouldn't be an option, would it? Our daughter had to get a new one recently and had to contact the vital statistics office in the state where she was born. I'm guessing OP didn't live in Florida.

But if she wasn't born in Florida that wouldn't be an option, would it? Our daughter had to get a new one recently and had to contact the vital statistics office in the state where she was born. I'm guessing OP didn't live in Florida.

I think she said they were from Maryland

Hope you have the BEST VACATION of your life!

If anything, hopefully this thread will prevent others from making the same mistake. It is definitely something I would have done. Being a mother, and having to juggle everything those last couple days before vacation, I totally understand.

You have a lot of class!

I am so glad you got your passport and that you're almost on your way to Belize. I'll be watching for your report on Sunday or so letting us know how your cruise went. Hopefully it will be a wonderful one.

You ROCK! I am so inspired by your attitude and disposition that I can't help but know you will have a great time! Thanks for showing us all how to cope in stressfull situations and reminding us that sometimes life just gets in the way.

Take care, have fun and enjoy your holiday! You soooo deserve it!

"I've been in the motherhood business for almost 22 years now and I often would say that I'd like to go to a hotel by myself for some "me" time. Now I know that "me" time is grossly overrated."

That is so funny. Be careful what you wish for!!

And the irony of the whole thing is that you were making copies of the passports so that you would have backup!

We always sit in the driveway for a minute or two to check for passports, tickets, hotel reservations, etc. We get excited and become a bit drifty at the last minute.

So glad it all worked out. Do wonder, though, if something could have been done to get you on the ship since you had a copy of your passport. And it seems that an overnight delivery service could have sent the passport to the first port.

What a classy lady you are and a wonderful inspiration to all of us and your boys. Hope you are now reunited with the family and having a wonderful time. Please report back and let us know how it went. what a wonderful post!!!

What an incredibly bad experience with such an incredibly positive outlook! Enjoy your few days alone then enjoy your cruise with your family! I read your post to my wife and she cried...then responded with if I did that you would not be so sympathetic. After reading your posting maybe I could be. It's not the end of the world, but something to look back on and laugh about and I am sure will be held over your head for years to come! Have a great family vacation!

Archived