Only in St. Kitts for 7 hours. What to do?

Pearlsandbows

Hey guys,

My family and I will be on the Celebrity Equinox this December. We are in St. Kitts on the 25th, and therefore will only be in port from 8 AM - 3PM. That is not much time to do anything big, so in y'all's opinion: is our best option to go to a beach and relax (Something like Carambola Beach Club)? Or stay in town, and do some shopping? We've never been to St. Kitts before, so we're pretty open to new things!

Would love to hear your opinions and ideas!

Thanks again!

Hey guys,

My family and I will be on the Celebrity Equinox this December. We are in St. Kitts on the 25th, and therefore will only be in port from 8 AM - 3PM. That is not much time to do anything big, so in y'all's opinion: is our best option to go to a beach and relax (Something like Carambola Beach Club)? Or stay in town, and do some shopping? We've never been to St. Kitts before, so we're pretty open to new things!

Thanks again!

Take a look at http://www.palmscourtgardens.com/

We had a great day there a few weeks ago.

Hey guys,

Thanks again!

You might want to consider seeing if Equinox offers any excursions that you would like. By booking thru the ship you could take full advantage of your time in St. Kitts without having to worry about getting back on-your-own early so you don't miss the ship.

Hey guys,

Thanks again!

Hi! We just got back from St. Kitts last Sunday. On Cruise Critic I posted that I was looking for other passengers for a van ride to and from Reggae Bar and Grill. I found a great tour through Welcome Tours on St. Kitts. I contacted Beulah, who put the whole trip together and it was only $16.00 pp round trip! You can also go to a closer beach, and hang out at Shipwreck Bar and Grill. Beulah was excellent. Good air conditioned van, good driver. We had a big ice chest full of sodas and beer which were only $1.00 a piece. We were able to take the ice chest to the beach with us. Beulah supplied it. The beach and water were great. We ended up with 14 in our van, and we all just wanted to ride to the beach, rent a chaise, and party. It was a blast! Very relaxing.

My husband and I just returned from St Kitts. We were only interested in touring the Brimstone Fort so it was difficult to find a taxi driver willing to do that for a reasonable $. We found an older gentlemen named Ed Johnson inside the pier area.

He was great! We got to the Fort when it opened at 9:30 and had the place to ourselves for about 45 minutes. When we left after about 1 1/2 hours and the place was packed.

We asked him for lunch recommendations and he took us to a place near the port called El Fredo's. It's a quiet, local type place. Ed was going to wait for us in his van but he was so accommodating to our needs we invited him for lunch. Fair disclosure: we did have a hard time understanding each others accents so communication did take a little effort at times.:p But he was one of the highlights of our trip. It was a little like having someone's grampa as your tour guide.

On the 25th of December there will be 3 ships in port - Equinox, Carnival and Independence of the Seas. One of the ships will either be at anchor or at the deep water port. All attractions will be open that day. Places like Romney may close about 2 pm, Brimstone a bit later but the beaches will be in full swing. Palms Court Gardens do not usually open on Sundays, public nor national holidays but it is best to check with them first. If you are going to book an excursion via the ships excursion desk (3 ships carrying more or less the same tours) do so in advance as some tours get booked up fast. Also many of the tours Scenic railway, zipline, atv, caribbean cooks... are now under contract with cruise lines so you must book through the ship.

Guest Host Cheryl
Hey guys,

Thanks again!

You might consider taking the Rain Forrest tour. We enjoyed it, it provided original island music as you wait for the lift that takes you through the Rain Forrest and to the top. The views were incredible. At the end, they deliver you to the gift shop, provide you with a local drink. The bus ride to and from allowed you to really see where the locals live as the route goes through neighborhoods.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Equinox last April & stopped into St. Kitts. It was our first time also into that port, we were the only ship. Since it was our first time we took the ships tour "Essential St. Kitts".

We were picked up at the pier, driven around town, out to the fort. We spent about an hour there, then headed off to Romney Manor for another hour.

This past April we were on the Eclipse & we did the Fan TA Sea Snorkeling, while our friend took the Essential St Kitts. She loved it.

Kevin

When I was there in Nov, I took a tour with Royston. It was one of my favorite tours ever! There were just 6 of us and included admission into Brimstone Fort and a delicious lunch! We also went swimming. He will pretty much do whatever you want him to do. If you want a tour, he'll do a tour. He even kept us longer than the tour was supposed to be an drove us high up the mountains for better views. I have pictures from my cruise in my review in my signature line. Have a great time!

When I was there in Nov, I took a tour with Royston. It was one of my favorite tours ever! There were just 6 of us and included admission into Brimstone Fort and a delicious lunch! We also went swimming. He will pretty much do whatever you want him to do. If you want a tour, he'll do a tour. He even kept us longer than the tour was supposed to be an drove us high up the mountains for better views. I have pictures from my cruise in my review in my signature line. Have a great time!

Thank you for the link to your great review.

I really enjoyed reading it and seeing the photos.

We have a tour booked with Royston this coming November and are looking forward to it even more now.

Royston royston royston best tour I've been on. Full island tour plus lunch and all admission cost for only $45. You can't find a better price. After the tour you'll feel bad for only giving him $45.

I think we gave him $60 each!

@bbqoug - You're very welcome :o

You might consider taking the Rain Forrest tour. We enjoyed it, it provided original island music as you wait for the lift that takes you through the Rain Forrest and to the top. The views were incredible. At the end, they deliver you to the gift shop, provide you with a local drink. The bus ride to and from allowed you to really see where the locals live as the route goes through neighborhoods.

Hi, where can I find some information regarding the rain forest tour? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Thank you guys so much for your suggestions! We're taking it all into consideration!!

Hi Pearlandbows,

We are also on the same cruise and as mentioned here the Equinox is only a short time at St.Kitts, leaving already at 3pm, and a couple of other ships in harbour at the same time, meaning tours will fill up early and the beaches beiing crowded.

As we have not been on the island before either, we decided to do the Scenic Rail & Sail tour. giving the opportunity to see something of the island from land and sea and not have to worry beeing back in time. It´s not the cheapest tour, but according to another tread withiin "st.kitts and nevis" it´s worth it.

And if the tour start/ends in time, there is still a little time to check out souvenirs at port Zante.

-Valfrid-

We used Greg's Safaris while we were there on a long stay vacation. We got an excellent tour that we sort of customized - batik place, walk through rainforest and a historical tour of the island. He is wonderful with kids. The link to him is not working here but just search Greg's safaris St. Kitts and his website will pop up.

The beaches are lovely but the history - sugar cane fields, fort are worth seeing. Avoid the sugar train trip - very expensive and you see the same stuff by road.

Archived