Does Celebrity offer luggage valet service?

When we used it on Princess and Royal Caribbean, we did not see our luggage until we went to the baggage claim area at our home airport. IMO.....greatest service available!!

Yep - same with us.

Did they leave the forms in your cabin to submit or did you have to go to the Purser's Desk and specifically ask for them? Thanks!

I was aware of the program prior to sailing, so we inquired at guest services on the first day. GR gave us the form which was promptly filled out and returned, but they advised us that they would not know if the program would run until day 6 of the cruise.

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! This post has absolutely made my day! There have been several threads about luggage valet on Reflection lately, indicating that Celebrity was possibly not planning to offer it. I was getting so depressed, thinking we would not have it available to us in April. So very glad to hear this news. Thank you, rigldbrg!

Glad I could make someone's day! Once on board spread the word about the program or encourage others to use it because unless you get the minimum to sign up X will not run the program.

I was aware of the program prior to sailing, so we inquired at guest services on the first day.

Did you have to claim your luggage before customs, or was it sent to your final destination airport direct?

We were on the Eclipse Jan 26 to Feb 9 also. Southwest air was not listed on the paper we got in our cabin but as I heard on cc that they were now participating I went to guest services and found that we could sign up.:D. Unfortunately there was a blizzard coming into the northeast and our flight was cancelled:eek: had to do the bag drag again! It never hurts to check on your airline even if it doesn't show.

Did you have to claim your luggage before customs, or was it sent to your final destination airport direct?

We didn't see our bags from 8:30 PM the final evening of the cruise when the porter picked them up, to 10 PM when we picked them off of the baggage carrosel at our final destination the following day. They do clear customs, you are not with the bags when it happens.

Edited by rigldbrg

We didn't see our bags from 8:30 PM the final evening of the cruise when the porter picked them up, to 10 PM when we picked them off of the baggage carrosel at our final destination the following day. They do clear customs, you are not with the bags when it happens.

What Airline were you on? We are on Delta, hope that is on the list !

I am so confused and frustrated!!! Someone who disembarked from the Silhoutte yesterday said that Luggage Valet was not offered. I really don't understand this because whenever we cruised Princess or Royal Caribbean there was no question of it being offered all the time. I don't get why Celebrity is so wishy washy on this......yes....no....maybe.

What Airline were you on? We are on Delta, hope that is on the list !

I was also on Delta and flew out of Ft Lauderdale, however I don't believe the airport is relevant. So long as enough people sign up you are good to go. Btw, have a great cruise! You'll LOVE Reflection!

I am so confused and frustrated!!! Someone who disembarked from the Silhoutte yesterday said that Luggage Valet was not offered. I really don't understand this because whenever we cruised Princess or Royal Caribbean there was no question of it being offered all the time. I don't get why Celebrity is so wishy washy on this......yes....no....maybe.

The service is available on all sailings, but X requires a certain number of passengers to participate before the program is a go. I think it's something like 20 passengers.

Thanks for the info. We have done luggage valet a few times, and we have done it both ways prior. Good to hear they are not requiring claiming and then loading on a truck. :)

Thanks for the info. We have done luggage valet a few times, and we have done it both ways prior. Good to hear they are not requiring claiming and then loading on a truck. :)

I think Southwest at one point required the luggage be claimed and then loaded on a truck. This may have changed but not sure. We have seen SW outside the terminals getting the bags...think it was called Bags-to-Go.

Edited by Happy2cruise

Great news this is a possibility on the Reflection! I am traveling with two other couples who will want to use it too. We will make sure to sign up on day 1. And my friend's husband has never met a stranger - we will task him with spreading the word about the program on our cruise ;-)

Have called Celebrity 3 times, and each time have received a different answer about the availibility of the valet service. I am glad to hear the Reflection does have it!

I am on the 3/17 sailing of the Silhouette and have also called Celebrity and got the same as you. From what I can determine from different postings, all ships offer this service BUT they have to have a minimum of 20 or 25 passengers to do it. Also, I guess some ships advertise it, some don't. Many have advised to go to the Purser's desk early and inquire, get the forms and submit them early in the cruise and spread the word!!

I hope your sailing does have and have my fingers crossed mine does too!!

Edited by Happy2cruise

Any Canadians out there that have used the luggage valet service? I've read several times on CC that it is only available for American destinations. However, a colleague of mine just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise out of FLL, and Royal Caribbean also offered the luggage valet service for Canadian destinations (this particular person flew United out of FLL after debarking, had a stopover in Houston and then onto Edmonton... she never saw her bags until Edmonton). If RCI can do it for Canadians, why not X?

I want to say the earliest was 11:30 am, but will not sware to it!

We will be on the Reflection and were considering this because of an 11 am flight. It would keep us from carrying off our own luggage. We are flying American Airlines.

Do you think 11 am is too early for the luggage valet? I will ask on our first day for sure.