Kids and C&A status

B_Mc

We're only lowly gold but I'm not sure if I got accurate information about this...

Will a child who has never cruised before get our status on his first sailing? Or only AFTER his first sailing? Or do we need to go to guest services/loyalty ambassador during the cruise?

It's my understanding that they are automatically eligible for your status if they are living in your household. No need to wait for the cruise. It'll be much easier for you to call the C&A desk and enroll the child prior to cruising. That way your child should receive his/her coupon book upon boarding.

It's my understanding that they are automatically eligible for your status if they are living in your household. No need to wait for the cruise. It'll be much easier for you to call the C&A desk and enroll the child prior to cruising. That way your child should receive his/her coupon book upon boarding.

Thank you! That is what I was told today for our new baby....but was told the opposite 2 years ago for our older son.

Actually, we asked C&A the same question, and the answer is they get your status after their first sailing. This is also what it says in the T&C's: "Same member status as the parent after your child's first completed cruise"

Last May we went on a family cruise. It was the second cruise for my husband and myself, but my children's first. I tried to register them with C&A before we sailed, but was told I could not until after they had completed their first cruise. I am not clear as to whether or not they will get credit for the cruise we took without them, but it is my understanding that they will.

Actually, we asked C&A the same question, and the answer is they get your status after their first sailing. This is also what it says in the T&C's: "Same member status as the parent after your child's first completed cruise"

This. The kids can't be enrolled until they are either on the ship or when you get home. Once enrolled they get the same points as their parents.

If they are not enrolled they don't have a C&A account. You can enroll them on the cruise at the C&A desk on the ship.

Ah. I stand corrected. I could swear I called and got my 3 year old enrolled prior to sailing but perhaps not…

I had to call about it for my kids. We are lowly emerald members. This is the first time we have brought the kids with us on a cruise. I wasn't sure how it all worked out.

They can't be enrolled until they are on the ship. If they are not enrolled they do not have a C&A number and so no cool coupon books or any of that.

Once they are enrolled and have a number, they are automatically given the same number of points as their parents.

What is cool about this is once they are 18 they still keep those points.

My oldest is 17 and will be turning 18 3 days after we get home from our cruise. Since this is his first cruise, he will need to sign up on the ship for C&A. Once he does he will be given 60 points on his C&A account. He will keep those 60 points for the rest of his life. I was joking with him about that being his inheritance HA HA

I don't mean to further muddle the waters, but I think that after your children gow up and move out of your home, they are only given credits for the cruises they were actually on. Can someone clarify this? I know that my Grandson is now 18, but has enough cruise credits on his own to be Diamond, but I don't think he would continue to be Diamond had he not actually have been on the cruises. Maybe that changed with the new points too....????

I don't mean to further muddle the waters, but I think that after your children gow up and move out of your home, they are only given credits for the cruises they were actually on. Can someone clarify this? I know that my Grandson is now 18, but has enough cruise credits on his own to be Diamond, but I don't think he would continue to be Diamond had he not actually have been on the cruises. Maybe that changed with the new points too....????

They keep the status they had at the time they turned 18 but their actual points are the points they accumulated themselves. So, if they are diamond because the parents cruised a lot but they have only accumulated 25 pts on their own, they will sail as diamond but will have their points added to their 25 to get themselves to diamond and continue on to get to diamond+.

They keep the status they had at the time they turned 18 but their actual points are the points they accumulated themselves. So, if they are diamond because the parents cruised a lot but they have only accumulated 25 pts on their own, they will sail as diamond but will have their points added to their 25 to get themselves to diamond and continue on to get to diamond+.

Actually this isn't always true. My two sons (aged 18 and 20) are shown on their C & A status as having the same status (Diamond) but also the same number of cruise credits as we do, despite the fact that when we cruise together it's in a different category of cabin and we have taken a number of cruises without them.

Actually this isn't always true. My two sons (aged 18 and 20) are shown on their C & A status as having the same status (Diamond) but also the same number of cruise credits as we do, despite the fact that when we cruise together it's in a different category of cabin and we have taken a number of cruises without them.

This was the case for us also until our last cruise. The older kids kept their status but the number of credits was reduced to the number they they have actually earned on their own.

I think the chances are good that they will make the adjustment however, you just never know!

What happens if the kid has a higher status than the parents? We take our GS with us occasionally, and he has achieved Diamond status. His parents have only cruised once, so they're only Gold. Do they inherit his status if they take him on a cruise?

What happens if the kid has a higher status than the parents? We take our GS with us occasionally, and he has achieved Diamond status. His parents have only cruised once, so they're only Gold. Do they inherit his status if they take him on a cruise?

Good question. We have a similar situation. Two of our grandkids will turn Emerald on their next cruise and their mother is Gold and has only been on one cruise.

This is how it is supposed to work.

I think this is a mistake in your (sons') favor.

Yes, you are correct. Once they move out of your home (after they turn 18) they will then get credit for the actual cruise nights they have been on.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived