Rumruners for laundry detergent?

Well, not really-I hope! I just got some little liquid/gel packs of laundry detergent & thought they'd be good to take on my next adventure instead of hoping the laundry facility has some. My question is-has anyone flown with these in checked baggage? I've had leakage issues in the past with pretty much everything except wine-go figure! I thought I'd pack them in a zip bag or a little sealed container, but was wondering if anyone has had experience with these? They'd look pretty funny in a rumrunner, don't you think!

I just took some of the Tide pods on a recent vacation and had no problems with them. I double zip locked them and put them in my checked luggage. I was a little worried that they might burst, but they were fine.

Well, not really-I hope! I just got some little liquid/gel packs of laundry detergent & thought they'd be good to take on my next adventure instead of hoping the laundry facility has some. My question is-has anyone flown with these in checked baggage? I've had leakage issues in the past with pretty much everything except wine-go figure! I thought I'd pack them in a zip bag or a little sealed container, but was wondering if anyone has had experience with these? They'd look pretty funny in a rumrunner, don't you think!

RCL ships don't have self service laundries so you won't find any there.;) If you are going to do laundry in your bathroom sink, make sure you bring your own soap.

Just remember that Royal does not have laundry rooms. You will have to wash anything in your sink.

Powder would be safer, but my machine at home doesn't "like' it, & I know transporting a small amount of the regular liquid stuff would be trouble! I know about the lack of laundry facilities on board, but intend to do the laundry on land-2 weeks is a lot of clothes to haul!

The mystery stuff in the shower dispenser does work pretty good for sink washing. Good enough that we don't bother carrying detergent.

LOL -- we discovered that too! You really wouldn't want to use that blue "mystery soap" on your hair or skin, but it does a great job of getting sea salt and chlorine out of bathing suits! :D

Most stores (think Walmart, Kmart or Target) have a travel section in toiletries and they have small (one use) containers of detergent. I always take one or two but never use them because I'm just not interested in doing laundry on my vacation. But I have them in case of an emergency.

Most stores (think Walmart, Kmart or Target) have a travel section in toiletries and they have small (one use) containers of detergent. I always take one or two but never use them because I'm just not interested in doing laundry on my vacation. But I have them in case of an emergency.

I've found the Tide one-use packets there, but those are awfully large for just washing a couple things in the sink. But at Bed, Bath and Beyond I found tiny little Tide packets designed for sink washing; they came 3 in a pack and each individual one was no bigger than one of those little lotion samples that come glued to a magazine page. Woolite also makes small one-use packets small enough for sink washing. I think you get several in a box.

I bought a box of Purex 3 in 1 sheets for my upcoming cruise. I cut them in 3 strips and put them in a baggie. They work great for sink washing.

I have used the Purex sheets for our last two cruises and they are great. No liquids or powder to spill in the suitcase and if you put them in a ziploc bag but leave it unzipped your clothes smell great!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Archived