Cigar Smoking

Jumbiecruiser

Have a quick question. I know the smoking policy for Celebrity but I think that I have read here on the boards in the past that those wanting to smoke a cigar there is a place to smoke outside. Can you please tell me where this area is and if it's outside, is wind an issue for those that have experienced it?

Please do not make this a smokers verses non smokers thread.

Each ship has a place outside where cigar and pipe smoking are allowed, usually in the aft. Wind may or may not be a factor, as with any outdoor venue. The specific place on your ship will be noted in the daily and in the instructions you receive on board.

Each ship has a place outside where cigar and pipe smoking are allowed, usually in the aft. Wind may or may not be a factor, as with any outdoor venue. The specific place on your ship will be noted in the daily and in the instructions you receive on board.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, your Daily will provide the specifics, but my experience is the cigar/pipe smoking area has always been the aft bar area, I believe on the Starboard side (could be wrong on that). Not really that windy and a great bar to relax in.

Enjoy!

Den

Have a quick question. I know the smoking policy for Celebrity but I think that I have read here on the boards in the past that those wanting to smoke a cigar there is a place to smoke outside. Can you please tell me where this area is and if it's outside, is wind an issue for those that have experienced it?

Please do not make this a smokers verses non smokers thread.

Not sure what class of ship you are on but I was just off the Solstice a few weeks ago. There is a smoking area on the aft, port side of the lawn. I don't smoke, but my Dad liked to have a cigar once in awhile. It was actually a really nice area at cocktail hour. There was usually a light breeze, which actually kept the smoke out. It was fine for me. I sat up there every night at sunset and it was a beautiful, fun place to be. The bar was always busy.

Not sure what class of ship you are on but I was just off the Solstice a few weeks ago. There is a smoking area on the aft, port side of the lawn. I don't smoke, but my Dad liked to have a cigar once in awhile. It was actually a really nice area at cocktail hour. There was usually a light breeze, which actually kept the smoke out. It was fine for me. I sat up there every night at sunset and it was a beautiful, fun place to be. The bar was always busy.

Cigar smoking is only Starboard side back aft (Deck 15) at the Sunset Bar on the S-Class, and back aft, Port side on Deck 10 at the Oceanview Bar on the M-Class.

We have an aft cabin (cabin #8345) on the Vista deck (deck 8) on the Silhouette. Will we be able to smell any cigar smoke ?

If your cabin is towards the port side of the aft, it is possible, but you are on a low enough deck that it is highly unlikely. If you are on the starboard side it should be a non issue.

We have an aft cabin (cabin #8345) on the Vista deck (deck 8) on the Silhouette. Will we be able to smell any cigar smoke ?

No, because smoking is on Deck 15 back aft, and while you are underway should blow out to sea. I think Gonzo70 is talking about cigarette smoking. That smoking section is on Deck 5 right out side Bistro on 5. Where you are located, you won't smell anything but fresh salt air. :)

No, because smoking is on Deck 15 back aft, and while you are underway should blow out to sea. I think Gonzo70 is talking about cigarette smoking. That smoking section is on Deck 5 right out side Bistro on 5. Where you are located, you won't smell anything but fresh salt air. :)

No, I am talking about cigar smoking. The Deck 5 smoking area is nowhere near there. The cigar smoking area is in an aft location and the OP is in an aft stateroom. Because the OP is several decks below the smoking area, it is unlikely an issue, but is possible. The smoke (especially cigar smoke) does not all immediately dissipate; on Century when I had an aft stateroom I occasionally smelled cigar smoke from above.

No, I am talking about cigar smoking. The Deck 5 smoking area is nowhere near there. The cigar smoking area is in an aft location and the OP is in an aft stateroom. Because the OP is several decks below the smoking area, it is unlikely an issue, but is possible. The smoke (especially cigar smoke) does not all immediately dissipate; on Century when I had an aft stateroom I occasionally smelled cigar smoke from above.

Cigar smoking on the S-Class has only been on Deck 15 aft, Starboard side. Did they recently change that to include Deck 5?

Cigar smoking on the S-Class has only been on Deck 15 aft, Starboard side. Did they recently change that to include Deck 5?

You are the one who keeps bringing up the deck five smoking area; that is midship and has nothing to do with the OP's situation. The OP has an aft facing stateroom.

You are the one who keeps bringing up the deck five smoking area; that is midship and has nothing to do with the OP's situation. The OP has an aft facing stateroom.

I don't think the OP mentioned any stateroom or location. Another poster mentioned Port side aft on Deck 8. With cigar smoking on Starboard side Deck 15, I seriously doubt the person on Deck 8 will smell anything.

So I guess to answer the OP, cigar smoking areas on S-Class and M-Class have been answered.

Archived