Silver Spirit 5210 Transatlantic Live Report

Atomica

Absolutely wonderful photos...I enjoyed a Silver Spirit cocktail on the Cloud in January and now make them at home. We had never considered the Spirit before fearing it might lose the charm and service factor found on the Cloud and the Whisper, but your trip sounds fantastic.

Greetings from the Silver Spirit and Las Palmas!

Delilah21: Great mix of pax onboard from USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, England, and even a few from the Caribbean Islands and Spain. Very international here onboard the Silver Spirit!

Patnlcc: thank you so much! I have a ton of fun doing the reports, and I'm always challenging myself to come up with something new and interesting each day. I hope it has worked! Think you are spot-on about Cape Verde in a decade...

Silver Spectre: I do most of my photographs at night, or when no one is around. I hate getting people in the shots unless I want them there, so I carry my camera around with me at all times (much to the dismay of my fiancee!)

Signor John: I'll do my best to leave a bottle or two! Seriously, hope you have a great trip from Lisbon!

mortgagemaster: I've met a few onboard who have felt that way about Spirit in the past, but I think she's developed a real following in the last few years. Personally, I'd say this is my best trip aboard the Silver Spirit yet.

Yesterday's post - with today's coming in a few hours!

http://avidcruiser.com/ftdc/2012/04/22/silver-spirit-live-voyage-report-day-11/

Spotlottydog - I'm (too) familiar with the Silver Spirit cocktail having over indulged on them on Christmas Day 2011 on the Spirit. I'm not sure of the different measures but it's sauvignon blanc, gin, elderflower wine and lime juice. You can have fun testing them out till you get it just right!

Aaron,thanks once again for your wonderful blog. I love the Silver Spirit -probably because she's my first and only (so far) Silversea ship - and your blog has brought back fantastic memories.

Our next cruise is booked on a different cruise line and reading the blog has made me wish we were going back to the Spirit. I know we will one day.....

Aaron,thanks once again for your wonderful blog. I love the Silver Spirit -probably because she's my first and only (so far) Silversea ship - and your blog has brought back fantastic memories.

Our next cruise is booked on a different cruise line and reading the blog has made me wish we were going back to the Spirit. I know we will one day.....

Good that you are going on another line -- which will confirm you should really just sail Silversea ships !!

I'm not prejudiced:p

Thanks so much for the fabulous coverage of your voyage and allowing us to cruise along with you! I was on the Spirit a few months ago and it brings back fabulous memories and makes me realize how much I miss the ship and the outstanding crew.

Paolo is wonderful--love the penguin! The photo in the room is terrific, but the one on the balcony with the cocktail is even better!

:)

I think you have a gift and i hope you get to continue your work--Is it free lance or contracted? Or something else--? In any case it has been great reading the trip we took in November--Portugal to Barbados. I felt a fellowship with so many of your discriptions. it is a treat to have them in one place--so I copied them into a journal. My thoughts plus yours. I can hardly think anyone could do it better--words and photos---so I copied. I will certainly try to emulate your photos---you make a photo journey--I will try to do better.

Ahoy there Aaron,

Been following your journey and we can't hardly wait for our SS Spirit experience next month. Are you published and if so what and where so I can run to the nearest bookstore or website to stock up on early Christmas gifts for my cruise lover friends and family members.

Mikki

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog Aaron. Reinforces that I want to do a TA someday.

Like you, when I was a little girl/teenager, I would get cruise magazines and pore over them. It seemed so out of reach to me then to actually be able to go on one someday. Fortunately, through mostly just hard work, I have been and am able to fulfill that dream now. But I am still excited by the prospect of a cruise and love that when I see it in someone else.

Aaron,

your blog is a fantastic piece of work. Took me just a few reads on this thread to tie 2+2 together.....( I wrote you an e-mail last week-end re; a local article on which I had some ''comments'' ...to which you quickly replied ). I was also wondering if your experience on SilverSea was meeting your expectations. Obvioulsy, a big ''10'' on that !!

Your writing style and photographic skills are both superb.

Thank you very much for this very pleasant ''near- trip'' accross the Atlantic that your blog provided us with.

Cheers

Claude ( Gareau)

p.s I'll be on Carnival Spirit 1st May for a trade visit......your Silversea blog will make that look like a tour of BC Ferries' Renaissance....:D:rolleyes:

Cheers

:)

[quote name='c-legs']Aaron,
your blog is a fantastic piece of work. Took me just a few reads on this thread to tie 2+2 together.....( I wrote you an e-mail last week-end re; a local article on which I had some ''comments'' ...to which you quickly replied ). I was also wondering if your experience on SilverSea was meeting your expectations. Obvioulsy, a big ''10'' on that !!
Your writing style and photographic skills are both superb.
Thank you very much for this very pleasant ''near- trip'' accross the Atlantic that your blog provided us with.
Cheers
Claude ( Gareau)

p.s I'll be on Carnival Spirit 1st May for a trade visit......your Silversea blog will make that look like a tour of BC Ferries' Renaissance....:D:rolleyes:
Cheers
:)[/quote]

A big "10" indeed, Claude - this transatlantic was one of the best voyages I've ever been on!! Now it's just a matter of creating interesting content for the site until my next Live Voyage Report in July.

Many thanks for your email earlier this week, and I think you'll enjoy the Carnival Spirit - she's certainly an eye-catching ship on the inside, if very different from Siversea. But better than BC Ferries :)

Thank you so much to everyone for such fantastic, wonderful, and greatly appreciated comments! Internet time is precious while oboard, so my Live Posts usually require a great deal of finger-crossing and hoping for the best!

Itchtocruz (Mikki): I actually have a cruise photography book in the works and am looking for a publisher. If all else fails, I might just do it myself. I'll keep you updated!

RachelG: it's nice to know I wasn't the only one. It's infectious, isn't it? The only problem is, I find the more I cruise, the more I want to cruise and experience the world.

Ravenscroft: glad I could help bring back fond memories of the Spirit for you; she's a very special ship.

For everyone reading this, I have another Live Voyage Report coming up in July from Alaska, and again in September from a river cruise along the Danube. I'm working on securing one for June, so I hope you'll all tune in!

Any other questions about the Silver Spirit or the cruise itself, I am happy to answer!

Hi Aaron

I've been away myself and am just catching up on my CC reading. Your blog is outstanding as usual but your photos are absolutely superb.

Well done...it brought back so many memories of my own crossing on the Spirit in October 2010.

Cheers
Jennifer

Archived