Sign & Sail - GOLD Cards

ccNVcpl

We received gold cards on our Legend cruise in March. We got a lot of "welcome back" from the crew. It is a nice touch. Not worth much but a nice touch. Now if gold or platinum status got you a drink discount, that would be something.

The gold cards were used for past guests on our Glory cruise last week. We also got a lot of "welcome back" responses from the crew, it beat the past guest party as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was a nice touch that had zero cost to Carnival. Someone's been thinking in Miami....:D

Cruised on the Spirit, April 2-10, 3rd cruise and no gold card for me. Cruising a weekend thing in Sept. maybe then...

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Elation 2002

Ecstasy 2003

Spirit 2005

Paradise 2005

Conquest 2006

This is something they've been doing on Princess for sometime now. 2-5 cruises you're gold, 6-15 you're platinum and 16+ you're Elite (I think the cards are black).

With each come perks...

The best thing about Platinum is you get free internet access.

Elite - you get a one time comp minibar setup, daily hors' dourves, and free dry cleaning like in the suites, 10% off in the shops, and all the other perks of gold & platinum of course.

It's nice touch and I'm glad that Carnival is doing this. (It would be better if Carnival would do the perks as well....)

:D

This is something they've been doing on Princess for sometime now. 2-5 cruises you're gold, 6-15 you're platinum and 16+ you're Elite (I think the cards are black).

With each come perks...

The best thing about Platinum is you get free internet access.

Elite - you get a one time comp minibar setup, daily hors' dourves, and free dry cleaning like in the suites, 10% off in the shops, and all the other perks of gold & platinum of course.

It's nice touch and I'm glad that Carnival is doing this. (It would be better if Carnival would do the perks as well....)

:D

This would be nice...but without the perks...what's the point? Unless they are working on doing something like this in the future? :confused:

When word of gold S&S cards first hit these boards, I researched this back in February, directly with Carnival. You can check out the thread on Past Guest Perks. I was told that the cards were being rolled out fleetwide on a ship by ship basis. Also, they are looking into adding special perks for past guests, but nothing had been decided for sure yet. Perks would be nice, but not if it means they are going to up their prices to compensate!:eek:

Yup...had a gold card on the Triumph last week.

They did not look at the sign and sail for the past guest party - simply took the invitations.

Many of the crew said welcome back or asked what ships I'd been on etc.

I thought it was nice. But I really don't mind that there are no "perks"...it would be nice, don't get me wrong BUT I sail Carnival because I like the atmosphere. I will continue to sail Carnival when a "Fun Ship" is what I want. Regardless of the past guest perks.

Yes!! I want to know about the Conquest too! This is number 7 on Carnival for us..we're working on that Platinum!!

I had another question also..on the off chance that they do have the gold cards but you do not receive one for some reason...do you think you can notify them of the error so that you still get invited to the past guest reception? We've had it happen before and was wondering how it would work since the cards are supposed to serve as the invitiations?

the cards are supposed to serve as the invitiations?

Not correct. The invites are still delivered to your cabin. Otherwise, how would you possibly know where and when?

Yes!! I want to know about the Conquest too! This is number 7 on Carnival for us..we're working on that Platinum!!

I had another question also..on the off chance that they do have the gold cards but you do not receive one for some reason...do you think you can notify them of the error so that you still get invited to the past guest reception? We've had it happen before and was wondering how it would work since the cards are supposed to serve as the invitiations?

They still gave out invitations to the Past Guest Party on the Triumph. We used the invites to get in and were never asked to see our card.

Additionally, one of the other CC members on our sailing had not received a gold card. It was kind of odd because his wife and son who he had sailed with before DID receive gold cards. He did go to the Pursers desk and they switched him from the standard card to the gold card.

Archived