Sign & Sail - GOLD Cards

ccNVcpl

The cruise that we have booked in September will be our 14th with Carnival!

We will be one of those lucky platinum sail and sign card holders.

Oh well...........

I love to cruise, I love Carnival, and am looking very forward to our next cruise!

However, I must say that I agree with the previous poster that said it doesn't matter what kind of card they get because there are no added perks.

I do wish that Carnival would do some added perks for us when we finally reach those higher numbers! It bothers me to think that they don't compare to the other cruiseline perks and if I had been sailing a different line, I would be receiving something special.

I'm not asking for a free cruise here folks...but... even a nice bottle of wine in the cabin when we arrive would be at least something that says "Thank you".

Cruzn

I will let you all know if I get one when we sail in two weeks! I hope I get one, it would be nice but if not, who cares, I'm on vacation :p

I have sailed on RCCL 3 times and after the 1st cruise, you get a great coupon book, as I am sure many of you who have sailed with them know. Does anyone know why Carnival has not done this? At the least, they could do "half price drinks today with your gold card" It's kind of a perk :o

It was kind of odd because his wife and son who he had sailed with before DID receive gold cards.

Not so odd - I by chance went out to our Fun pass info to change a couple in our group to show passports. I happened to notice that my husband wasn't showing as a Past Guest (even though he has been on 4 cruise with Carnival). As hard as I tried it wouldn't recognize him as a Past Guest. I called and a somewhat rude rep told me that it didn't matter on the Fun Pass (right tell my husband that - he paid for those cruises - LOL). Anyhow she was able to verify that the past guest number I had for him was correct - so as soon as I hung up the phone I called back - since my chances were good I would get someone else. I explained that the person before was able to confirm the past guest number but that I still couldn't get Carnivals site to recognize it in his profile that I was building. She went back and looked and my husbands first name was spelled incorrect - Michel - without the a. She fixed it and VOILA it worked. I told her it may not seem like a big deal to the reps there - but if the rest of the party would have gotten a Gold card and my husband didn't it would upset him - even though it is trival. She agreed and was happy she could help me.

Sure enough I checked the back of the recent Currents and his name was spelled wrong on there also.

Lesson learned - If you can't get your past guest number to work check the spelling.

Here is what Princess does, and what (I think) Carnival may be working towards. (they should be anyway) Much of this has come into being since Carnival took over Princess.

~Princess Captain's Circle~

GOLD - (Cruises 2-5)

- Preferential Pricing Offers (this is basically the same with Carnival - you get offers through email, and through the Captain's Circle [Currents] magazine)

- Members only onboard Events (Past Guest Party)

- Collectible Destination Stamps (Like the collectible pin)

- Princess Passport (To put your stamps in)

- Circle Host (Someone specific that handles only Capt Cir questions/concerns onboard ship.)

- Member Benefits Card (This basically just has your CaptCir number on it. But it's kinda cool - it's the same color as your status.)

- Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly Magazine (Currents)

- Princess Captain’s Circle Center Online (This is actually pretty cool. Once you register online, you get access to extra benefits, like the Stand By Program, and Member Profile where you can put in specifics like how you want your bed configured, what kind of beverages you want in your minibar (first time setup is comp - this is for suites and Elite pax), what kind of fruit in your fruit baskets, if you want a robe, and dietary special needs, etc...

PLATINUM (Cruises 6 - 15)

Gold Member Benefits, plus:

- Complimentary Annual Cruise Atlas (Details on all itineraries and sailings.)

- Free upgrade to TravelCare Gold (If you purchase the Standard Travel Care, you'll be upgraded to double coverage.)

- Platinum Check-In (Skipper's Club - suites also get this)

- Platinum Members Lounge (This is pretty nice, both on the quay before embarkation, and on the ship prior to disembarkation - although in San Pedro it's always packed because there are so many Platinum members! :D Also for suites.)

- Free Internet Access (This is a GREAT PERK! Saves me sooo much money! Also for suite pax.)

ELITE (Here's where it gets really good!)

Gold & Platinum Member Benefits, plus:

PREFERRED SERVICES PACKAGE

- Priority Tender Embarkation (Also a suite perk - you get tender tickets which allow you to go straight to the gangway instead of sitting in the lounge and waiting for your group to be called, and get right on the tender - but only good for getting OFF the ship, getting back on, you're on your own.)

- Shoe Polishing Service (Free, by request. Also for suites.)

- Complimentary Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service (This one is AWESOME! Also for suites.)

ELITE CABIN AMENITIES PACKAGE

- Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up (Like suites have.)

- Deluxe Canapes Selection (Like in suites (daily), you get a card on formal nights where you can pick items and time, hang it on your door like the breakfast card, and VOILA!)

Afternoon Tea (Served in your cabin! At your request - order 6 hours prior.)

- Upgraded Bathroom Amenities (The same goodies the suites get.)

PREFERRED DISCOUNT PACKAGE

- 10% Boutique Discount.

- Complimentary Wine Tasting

I will let you all know if I get one when we sail in two weeks! I hope I get one, it would be nice but if not, who cares, I'm on vacation :p

I have sailed on RCCL 3 times and after the 1st cruise, you get a great coupon book, as I am sure many of you who have sailed with them know. Does anyone know why Carnival has not done this? At the least, they could do "half price drinks today with your gold card" It's kind of a perk :o

3.3 Million people cruise Carnival every year (Bob Dickinson Latest issue of currents). I suppose if that number started to go down then they would start with the perks.

We got the regular blue and red cards..... then someone asked why ours wasnt gold since we are repeat carnival cruisers. We went to the pursers desk and asked, and they did change the cards, but what difference did it make?!?......ZERO!! lol We still didnt get invited to the past guest party at all!! or any extra perks...

I was just happy to be cruising!

Has anyone gotten a gold S&S card on the Elation, yet? I will be onboard in like 8 days, and I am wondering if I will get one as it'll be my second Carnival cruise. Might be kinda nice to have.

I didn't get my Currents yet. Also, I will be on the Valor in August, do you think they will be having them by then? Did anybody on the Valor get a card like this?

Hi we were on the Valor 4-24 cruise we got our gold cards. Everyone kept saying welcome back. Couldn't figure why they were saying that. Finally I ask and was told gold card indicates your were a past guest. It was a nice touch but I wish they would give you a little bit more for being a past guest.

Michelle

Will be cruising in 2 weeks on Valor. I also cannot get the past cruise info accepted on Carnival site boarding pass form. I never think to call carnival until after hours but will tie a string to my finger as a reminder tomorrow.

In the event I forget again or get an uncooperative person at Carnival, will I be able to get a past cruise cocktail invite and even the gold S&S from purser once on the ship if I take along proof of my previous trip? I have our old ticket with booking number and my guest number - don't have DH's number.

Anyone have similar experience? Thanks.

on Victory when I was just on 4/24.

Invite in cabin to past guest party.

Did not see what the gold card did for me, no welcome backs, just a different colored card.

My MIL did not get a gold card at check in, and was a little upset she didnt (who the heck cares, its just a piece of plastic, and does NOT do anything for you) so she went to purser desk to complain, and they did provide her with one at the purser desk.

Guest Crazeecat5

Just off the Sensation and did not get a gold card. Anyone know how many cruises for gold?Platinum? Have 6 under my belt now, #7 is the Liberty this summer.

Sheryl

I had to go get my card from the Pursers desk. My son got his and so did my wife... Son thought this was histerical,, I'll take you as my guest dad to the past guest party!!! I just went down and got one. All it did for me was get a couple of Thank You Mr. Johnsen Welcome Back!! Kinda Liked it!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

especially the Skippers Club for repeat cruises. If you have sailed more than 15 times with Carnival...they should at least give you Skipper Club priviledges!

The boys and I have 11 under our belt with two more booked this year.

Hubby has 20.

Now they just need to code the S&S cards to indicate if the holder is an "adult", for those adult activities on board.

they have always done that in the past--isnt it done no more?

I didn't get my Currents yet. Also, I will be on the Valor in August, do you think they will be having them by then? Did anybody on the Valor get a card like this?

Yep...we were on the May 1-8 Valor Cruise...it was our 2nd cruise with Carnival...we got the Gold Card and lots of "welcome backs"

Just went on the Glory April 30th. This was our 8th Carnival cruise and we got the gold cards. The thing is, almost everyone on board had them. It doesn't matter if you've been on Carnival once or 20 times at this point, everyone is treated the same. Maybe when the platinum cards come out it wil help a little, though don't know what kind of perks will come with that, if any. I do wish Carnival would start rewarding its return customers with something more than a cocktail party and magazine but I really don't expect much as long as their new cruiser numbers remain high and the value for the money doesn't change.

Archived