Live from the Zuiderdam

FCOWHER

It is raining right now so I thought I would drop everyone a line. DW and I are having a great cruise! I love the ship. The crew is ALWAYS in great spirits. Our toilet has always flushed and we have detected no strange smells. We were invited to have drinks with the captain and DW and I had a lovely conversation with the captain's wife. James Deering, the Hotel Manager stopped by our cruise critic get together and he is a true asset for HAL . If there has been even the slightest hiccup the crew will jump through hoops to set everything right. I will post a complete review upon our return, but we are hooked on HAL. Joe V.

It is raining right now so I thought I would drop everyone a line. DW and I are having a great cruise! I love the ship. The crew is ALWAYS in great spirits. Our toilet has always flushed and we have detected no strange smells. We were invited to have drinks with the captain and DW and I had a lovely conversation with the captain's wife. James Deering, the Hotel Manager stopped by our cruise critic get together and he is a true asset for HAL . If there has been even the slightest hiccup the crew will jump through hoops to set everything right. I will post a complete review upon our return, but we are hooked on HAL. Joe V.

Yup..that what we had..great ship, no strange smells, no problem with the toilet:) .

Have a great cruise!!!

Dave, I had the exact same thought. It's scary how often we think alike. Terrifying, even. :eek:

Well I was taught by the Sisters of Mercy - what's your excuse? :)

Classynfun1: And I think of him as that American Everyman, Joe Sixpack! :rolleyes:

Joe - thanks for checking in. Glad you're having a good time. I'll be looking forward to your review. I hope you will tell us all about your cruise, your meals and your activities. And, of course, give further info on those buckets of beer!

Dave, I do not know how many buckets I have consumed. But I do know that the Zuiderdam is currently out of Corona. It is a beautiful morning and we should be arriving in Nassau in about an hour. Joe V.

If you think the Sisters of Mercy were tough, you should have had the Sisters-of-Providence of St-Mary-of-the-Woods Indiana. They made you scard not to learn. I had the Sp's in Grade School and the FSC's in High School. My Sister had the SP's in grade school and the RSM's in HS and said the Providence were much tougher than the Mercy Nuns.

Himself

If you think the Sisters of Mercy were tough, you should have had the Sisters-of-Providence of St-Mary-of-the-Woods Indiana. They made you scard not to learn. I had the Sp's in Grade School and the FSC's in High School. My Sister had the SP's in grade school and the RSM's in HS and said the Providence were much tougher than the Mercy Nuns.

Himself

Oh yes, I also had the Sisters of Providence!! I will never forget the fear we had of being called to the 'coat room'. Invariably, whoever had the misfortune of being 'summoned' to it came out with a red face and sore hands!! Those sisters sure gave their rulers a workout!!

Archived